<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Originally Posted by Rafool

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

dunno if I agree with the score.

-The Juice
DEAD @ V-Nasty sign "the third track"
roll.gif

My fav. music critic

Originally Posted by Krispy Klean

Originally Posted by Prada G

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

What song is this? I heard all the tracks.
"Gotta Have It"

I'm probably gonna buy this anyway just cause I'm a longtime fan of both of them, but for the people how already have it, what do you
legit think about it? And my that I mean a truly honest opinion of it without being a stan/meatrider. Cause my expectations are pretty low
just cause Jay-Z has been phoning in so much material the past couple of years, and Kanye has been doing more techno-hop than actual
hip hop?

Originally Posted by Krispy Klean

Originally Posted by Prada G

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

What song is this? I heard all the tracks.
"Gotta Have It"

I'm probably gonna buy this anyway just cause I'm a longtime fan of both of them, but for the people how already have it, what do you
legit think about it? And my that I mean a truly honest opinion of it without being a stan/meatrider. Cause my expectations are pretty low
just cause Jay-Z has been phoning in so much material the past couple of years, and Kanye has been doing more techno-hop than actual
hip hop?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

hip hop?
I admit that I got swept up in the wave of hype a bit, but upon several thorough listens, it's a good album. There are a few truly outstanding songs on the album. Even the weaker stuff is solid in one aspect or another.
But it's not what it could have been. It's almost as if they held a coronation to brag about being crowned. If you are what you say you are, why not just let the music do the talking? Also, on several songs their talents sort of sit side by side rather than joining to create something altogether on another level than their individual efforts. 

7.5/10 for me. Not as good a collaborative effort as Distant Relatives.

hip hop?
I admit that I got swept up in the wave of hype a bit, but upon several thorough listens, it's a good album. There are a few truly outstanding songs on the album. Even the weaker stuff is solid in one aspect or another.
But it's not what it could have been. It's almost as if they held a coronation to brag about being crowned. If you are what you say you are, why not just let the music do the talking? Also, on several songs their talents sort of sit side by side rather than joining to create something altogether on another level than their individual efforts. 

7.5/10 for me. Not as good a collaborative effort as Distant Relatives.

Can't wait to hear the album...as usual with NT though I expect it to be completely overrated.

Distant Relatives set the bar for collaborative albums...just wanna see how it measures up.

Can't wait to hear the album...as usual with NT though I expect it to be completely overrated.

Distant Relatives set the bar for collaborative albums...just wanna see how it measures up.

hip hop?

Go to the previous page and read my post about why some people probably don't like the album.If those points apply to you, you'd probably be interested in something else. If not, it's a worthy buy.
Not as good a collaborative effort as Distant Relatives.
DR's a great album IMO, but it's an apples and oranges comparison.

hip hop?

Go to the previous page and read my post about why some people probably don't like the album.If those points apply to you, you'd probably be interested in something else. If not, it's a worthy buy.
Not as good a collaborative effort as Distant Relatives.
DR's a great album IMO, but it's an apples and oranges comparison.

I can appreciate and respect Anthony Fantana's review, because he backed up his criticism w/ legitimate points unlike 95% of the naysayers on NT.

This album is a "celebration" of their greatness.  PERIOD.  It's inspirational and feel good music.  It wasn't intended to be a lyrical masterpiece (and I wasn't expecting it to be...at all).

If you go in w/ the right expectations (and don't have beef w/ Jay or Ye), I don't see how you could possibly not enjoy it (and it my case, immensely).
pimp.gif

I can appreciate and respect Anthony Fantana's review, because he backed up his criticism w/ legitimate points unlike 95% of the naysayers on NT.

This album is a "celebration" of their greatness.  PERIOD.  It's inspirational and feel good music.  It wasn't intended to be a lyrical masterpiece (and I wasn't expecting it to be...at all).

If you go in w/ the right expectations (and don't have beef w/ Jay or Ye), I don't see how you could possibly not enjoy it (and it my case, immensely).
pimp.gif

The album was supposed to be "castle music" and "couture rap," so I don't know why people are complaining about the bragging and "lack" of lyricism. Like someone said, it is called "Watch the Throne" and the gold cover was designed by a high-end fashion designer. These are the two guys that actually spend the most lavishly (Jay at least) so that's how they're gonna talk. And the big difference here is that what they say is probably the truth.

Maybe the tone and level of bragging isn't much different from the average Rick Ross or DJ Khaled album, but the difference is: Jay-Z and Kanye are really the only people who can brag about the +$!! they bragged about on this album and I believe them.

Plus songs like "No Church," "Made in America," "Murder to Excellence," "Why I Love You," and "New Day" have a deeper layer to them that Ross, Wayne, or any of "those guys" don't touch.

The album was supposed to be "castle music" and "couture rap," so I don't know why people are complaining about the bragging and "lack" of lyricism. Like someone said, it is called "Watch the Throne" and the gold cover was designed by a high-end fashion designer. These are the two guys that actually spend the most lavishly (Jay at least) so that's how they're gonna talk. And the big difference here is that what they say is probably the truth.

Maybe the tone and level of bragging isn't much different from the average Rick Ross or DJ Khaled album, but the difference is: Jay-Z and Kanye are really the only people who can brag about the +$!! they bragged about on this album and I believe them.

Plus songs like "No Church," "Made in America," "Murder to Excellence," "Why I Love You," and "New Day" have a deeper layer to them that Ross, Wayne, or any of "those guys" don't touch.

Damn damn damn...what I would give to have had a hand in the production process of this album...I know everyone on the album credits is about to get STUPID PAID.

Damn damn damn...what I would give to have had a hand in the production process of this album...I know everyone on the album credits is about to get STUPID PAID.

hip hop?
You can watch the video on this page, read my review of it on page 150 I believe and read the review by some website a few pages ahead of this. I thought they all were honest takes on this album. 

hip hop?
You can watch the video on this page, read my review of it on page 150 I believe and read the review by some website a few pages ahead of this. I thought they all were honest takes on this album. 

Back
Top Bottom