<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

TRUTH!
I really think the lines after that are directed at him too.. .no diss just speaking truth. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
After that part about Wayne I think he starts talking about Eminem for a second.  About his struggles with addiction and depression and stuff:

I'm losing myself
I'm stuck in the moment
I look in the mirror
My only opponent
Where the %%+% is the press?
Where the %%+% is the pres?
Either they know or don't care
I'm !%!%+%$ depressed

I don't know, could be a reach but Em did make the song "Lose Yourself" and and "Sing for the Moment"

nerd.gif

i agree same vibe I got....rap is the jungle, talks about rappers that get caught up in it....in the end he is his only opponent 
eek.gif
This verse gets better. The Lose yourself and the mirror (8 mile scene) is a giveaway

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

TRUTH!
I really think the lines after that are directed at him too.. .no diss just speaking truth. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
After that part about Wayne I think he starts talking about Eminem for a second.  About his struggles with addiction and depression and stuff:

I'm losing myself
I'm stuck in the moment
I look in the mirror
My only opponent
I'm !%!%+%$ depressed

I don't know, could be a reach but Em did make the song "Lose Yourself" and and "Sing for the Moment"

nerd.gif

i agree same vibe I got....rap is the jungle, talks about rappers that get caught up in it....in the end he is his only opponent 
eek.gif
This verse gets better. The Lose yourself and the mirror (8 mile scene) is a giveaway

Originally Posted by Mac4167

Cant stop listening to Illest mf'er alive, def my favorite track so far

Feeling like Hype Williams....shooting a %#*%+... gutten ad biaopejfia p hay hay haiiiiiii!

Originally Posted by Mac4167

Cant stop listening to Illest mf'er alive, def my favorite track so far

Feeling like Hype Williams....shooting a %#*%+... gutten ad biaopejfia p hay hay haiiiiiii!

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

nahh I think if they actually spit and Ye was challenging Hov on more songs to actually spit and not be lazy I think it would be a better accepted album

These are some of the realest bars Jay spit in awhile imo.
im wit ya on that.
but far as rap being a sport and him straight beastin over the album he didnt really do that....when I first heard of the album being made I was thinking I would hear some of the best RAPS ever from these two...what I got was some of the best MUSIC ever from these two. So im not entirely disappointed but still...it wouldnt have hurt for them to add a lil more of that but I understand they wanted to take the album in a different/broader direction.

*Jay did catch wreck several times throughout the album*

I think Jay was on point. Rhymes, flows, wordplay, storytelling, imagery, boasts, etc. and he makes the lyrics fit the musical themes. It's a good balance imo and they reflect his current stature - dude rapped about coke on two full-length LPs already. I ain't mad if he switches it up.

Plus imo I also ain't mad if they just make music for some damn fun. Some people in the press getting mad Ye ain't make the whole album "conscious rap" Yeezy put out two straight albums where he "bears his soul" for the common man, he gotta do another full LP of that? He can't just make some bangers for dudes to ride to? Watch these same critics hail the new Wayne/Drake album (and I like their music) as the next coming with the same brags and #*+ talking*kanyeshrug* just my take though...

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

nahh I think if they actually spit and Ye was challenging Hov on more songs to actually spit and not be lazy I think it would be a better accepted album

These are some of the realest bars Jay spit in awhile imo.
im wit ya on that.
but far as rap being a sport and him straight beastin over the album he didnt really do that....when I first heard of the album being made I was thinking I would hear some of the best RAPS ever from these two...what I got was some of the best MUSIC ever from these two. So im not entirely disappointed but still...it wouldnt have hurt for them to add a lil more of that but I understand they wanted to take the album in a different/broader direction.

*Jay did catch wreck several times throughout the album*

I think Jay was on point. Rhymes, flows, wordplay, storytelling, imagery, boasts, etc. and he makes the lyrics fit the musical themes. It's a good balance imo and they reflect his current stature - dude rapped about coke on two full-length LPs already. I ain't mad if he switches it up.

Plus imo I also ain't mad if they just make music for some damn fun. Some people in the press getting mad Ye ain't make the whole album "conscious rap" Yeezy put out two straight albums where he "bears his soul" for the common man, he gotta do another full LP of that? He can't just make some bangers for dudes to ride to? Watch these same critics hail the new Wayne/Drake album (and I like their music) as the next coming with the same brags and #*+ talking*kanyeshrug* just my take though...

stop reaching with those Eminem and Wayne references..honestly it cheapens the verse.
The BIG, MJ, Pimp C, and Pac are understandable it makes sense why he'd reference them
but Em and Wayne? stop.
its laughable when some of you are aghast behind this nonsense lol.

stop reaching with those Eminem and Wayne references..honestly it cheapens the verse.
The BIG, MJ, Pimp C, and Pac are understandable it makes sense why he'd reference them
but Em and Wayne? stop.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm losing myself
I'm stuck in the moment
I look in the mirror
My only opponent
I'm !%!%+%$ depressed

nerd.gif

eek.gif
Never even thought of that...wow.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm losing myself
I'm stuck in the moment
I look in the mirror
My only opponent
I'm !%!%+%$ depressed

nerd.gif

eek.gif
Never even thought of that...wow.

Originally Posted by Frank Matthews

but Em and Wayne? stop.

He's referencing the great rappers in the past generation that are no longer here. And then he switches to rappers people consider are this generations greats who are/were headed down a bleak path. How does that cheapen the verse? It's just above your head. Don't even ask Jay how.

Back
Top Bottom