<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Frank Matthews

stop reaching with those Eminem and Wayne references..honestly it cheapens the verse.

The BIG, MJ, Pimp C, and Pac are understandable it makes sense why he'd reference them

but Em and Wayne? stop.

its laughable when some of you are aghast behind this nonsense lol.

He's referencing the great rappers in the past generation that are no longer here. And then he switches to rappers people consider are this generations greats who are/were headed down a bleak path. How does that cheapen the verse? It's just above your head. Don't even ask Jay how.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Did 'Ye take shots at Curren$y, Wiz and Amber, or am I reaching?
oh no hes definitely getting at them

edit:
Damn baby pu**y can’t be your only hustle / Unless you bad as Naomi Russell / I mean a lot of ni**as got money / So basically, Russell ain’t the only Russell / Russell Brand, Russell Crowe / Zero Zero Zero Zero, a whole lot of 0’s / What you after, actor money? / You in line behind currency, yeah you after money /

those few lines were so ill to me when i first heard them, i mean ye referenced naomi russell, russell simmons, russell brand and russelle crowe all at one time...classic lol

oh no hes definitely getting at them

edit:
Damn baby pu**y can’t be your only hustle / Unless you bad as Naomi Russell / I mean a lot of ni**as got money / So basically, Russell ain’t the only Russell / Russell Brand, Russell Crowe / Zero Zero Zero Zero, a whole lot of 0’s / What you after, actor money? / You in line behind currency, yeah you after money /

those few lines were so ill to me when i first heard them, i mean ye referenced naomi russell, russell simmons, russell brand and russelle crowe all at one time...classic lol

man I love this album except the first two tracks....frank ocean annoys me on the intro and lift off just seems like such a waste of an epic record...kanye just mumbling on it and beyonce singing is flat out unbearable on this track
tired.gif

man I love this album except the first two tracks....frank ocean annoys me on the intro and lift off just seems like such a waste of an epic record...kanye just mumbling on it and beyonce singing is flat out unbearable on this track
tired.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

stop reaching with those Eminem and Wayne references..honestly it cheapens the verse.

The BIG, MJ, Pimp C, and Pac are understandable it makes sense why he'd reference them

but Em and Wayne? stop.

He's referencing the great rappers in the past generation that are no longer here. And then he switches to rappers people consider are this generations greats who are/were headed down a bleak path. How does that cheapen the verse? It's just above your head. Don't even ask Jay how.
that's a typical response from somewhat who blindly accepts whatever they are told...or simply a stan that really doesn't have any knowledge of lyrical interpretation.
just because he uses the phrase "losing myself" people jump and assume he's referencing Eminem because he has a song called "Lose Myself" and that is just dumb to be honest with you.

that section of the verse is in reference to himself..not Wayne or Em..point blank. 

The man has cited many times on record the toll that the industry has taken on his family, relationships, etc. 

would it kill you guys to deduce that the man's lyrics don't have to have some latent meaning 100% of the time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and the references themselves wouldn't cheapen the verse if they did in fact exist...its being cheapened by you guys reaching and having other misguided ppl taking it as the gospel foolishly.

but Em and Wayne? stop.

that's a typical response from somewhat who blindly accepts whatever they are told...or simply a stan that really doesn't have any knowledge of lyrical interpretation.
just because he uses the phrase "losing myself" people jump and assume he's referencing Eminem because he has a song called "Lose Myself" and that is just dumb to be honest with you.

that section of the verse is in reference to himself..not Wayne or Em..point blank. 

The man has cited many times on record the toll that the industry has taken on his family, relationships, etc. 

would it kill you guys to deduce that the man's lyrics don't have to have some latent meaning 100% of the time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and the references themselves wouldn't cheapen the verse if they did in fact exist...its being cheapened by you guys reaching and having other misguided ppl taking it as the gospel foolishly.

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

so best buy's website says that they are getting the delxe verion on 8-28
is this true?
their twitter account says they'll have the deluxe tomorrow

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

so best buy's website says that they are getting the delxe verion on 8-28
is this true?
their twitter account says they'll have the deluxe tomorrow

No your not I thought the same thing when I heard "Who Gon Stop Me"
"Ya weed purple, my money purple"

That has to be a shot a Wiz

Lift Off is my $%+$ though 

"Like you knownanana you know me by now, know me, know me by now" 
pimp.gif

That mumble type thing Ye was doing is kinda dope IMO

Spoiler [+]
I might be a Yesus stan

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I might be a Yesus stan

yall don't eem wanna know the Gotta Have It Play Count
laugh.gif
it's OD
I bet I got you beat.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
  Best Neptunes beat in the last few years...

Basquiat...Warhols serve as my muses....my house is a museum so I see em when I'm peein
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

LOVE this %+@!%** line right here.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And Jay is definitely referencing Em in that verse.  I caught that after a few listens or so.  To say he's not after it's been pointed out is just foolish.

He references "Lose Myself", "Sing For The Moment", the mirror scene in 8 Mile.  How the %@%% can you say he's not referencing Em, after he JUST referenced Weezy.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

yall don't eem wanna know the Gotta Have It Play Count
laugh.gif
it's OD
I bet I got you beat.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
  Best Neptunes beat in the last few years...

Basquiat...Warhols serve as my muses....my house is a museum so I see em when I'm peein
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

LOVE this %+@!%** line right here.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And Jay is definitely referencing Em in that verse.  I caught that after a few listens or so.  To say he's not after it's been pointed out is just foolish.

He references "Lose Myself", "Sing For The Moment", the mirror scene in 8 Mile.  How the %@%% can you say he's not referencing Em, after he JUST referenced Weezy.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I might be a Yesus stan
nerd.gif

"He is also referring to rapper Curren$y, who is good friends with Wiz Khalifa…who is now dating ‘Ye’s infamous ex-paramour Amber Rose. Now she’s on tour, waiting in line behind Wiz’s boy…or she’s just in line behind him metaphorically since that’s his best friend. " 

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
I might be a Yesus stan
nerd.gif

"He is also referring to rapper Curren$y, who is good friends with Wiz Khalifa…who is now dating ‘Ye’s infamous ex-paramour Amber Rose. Now she’s on tour, waiting in line behind Wiz’s boy…or she’s just in line behind him metaphorically since that’s his best friend. " 

[/font]

[/font]

but Em and Wayne? stop.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm sure Jay was talking about himself because he has tear tattoos and wears a rag in his pocket and is on a track called looking for someone to love me. Oh and when has Jay rapped about smoking weed and being high?
laugh.gif
SMH man let it go you're going to feel really dumb.

but Em and Wayne? stop.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm sure Jay was talking about himself because he has tear tattoos and wears a rag in his pocket and is on a track called looking for someone to love me. Oh and when has Jay rapped about smoking weed and being high?
laugh.gif
SMH man let it go you're going to feel really dumb.

Back
Top Bottom