<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

got my deluxe
pimp.gif
and so far i like what im hearing

I just found out that the video for Otis was produced by Spike Jonze. Sick!

And I love how the Kanye and Jay rap in slow motion. They must have had them rap faster for the video. I remember the video for the Pharcyde "Drop", they had those guys rap backwards while they were doing stuff backwards, so when they reversed it, it came out all crazy and actually had them lip sync the song accurately.

I just found out that the video for Otis was produced by Spike Jonze. Sick!

And I love how the Kanye and Jay rap in slow motion. They must have had them rap faster for the video. I remember the video for the Pharcyde "Drop", they had those guys rap backwards while they were doing stuff backwards, so when they reversed it, it came out all crazy and actually had them lip sync the song accurately.

Watch the ingenuity. In what has already been an unorthodox album roll-out, Jay-Z and Kanye West are keeping the surprises coming during the record release for their tag-team LP, Watch the Throne. On Friday afternoon (August 12), the duo erected a pop-up store to sell copies of the album in Manhattan's trendy SoHo section.

When the album dropped on Monday as an iTunes digital exclusive, it seemed that Friday's physical release of the LP would be nothing more than an afterthought. Not so! The store-front, located at 201 Mulberry Street, is regally wrapped in gold, just like the album's Riccardo Tisci-designed cover art, the real attraction however is inside. As if slinging albums weren't enough, Hov and Yeezy are putting the tricked-out Maybach from their "Otis" video on display inside of the retail space.
The black luxury vehicle sits there in all its remixed glory: hood on the truck, truck on hood, doors ripped off. On a large overhead screen, the Spike Jonze-directed "Otis" plays on a loop. There are even rumors that Hov himself will make an appearance sometime tonight and the store will be up until Sunday.

So much of the Watch the Throne release has been shrouded in mystery. Other than "H.A.M.," which was released in January and the LP's first official single "Otis," fans had heard nothing from Hov and Yeezy's project until it was released Monday morning. Who knows what they will come up with next.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668951/watch-the-throne-pop-up-store-new-york.jhtml

Watch the ingenuity. In what has already been an unorthodox album roll-out, Jay-Z and Kanye West are keeping the surprises coming during the record release for their tag-team LP, Watch the Throne. On Friday afternoon (August 12), the duo erected a pop-up store to sell copies of the album in Manhattan's trendy SoHo section.

When the album dropped on Monday as an iTunes digital exclusive, it seemed that Friday's physical release of the LP would be nothing more than an afterthought. Not so! The store-front, located at 201 Mulberry Street, is regally wrapped in gold, just like the album's Riccardo Tisci-designed cover art, the real attraction however is inside. As if slinging albums weren't enough, Hov and Yeezy are putting the tricked-out Maybach from their "Otis" video on display inside of the retail space.
The black luxury vehicle sits there in all its remixed glory: hood on the truck, truck on hood, doors ripped off. On a large overhead screen, the Spike Jonze-directed "Otis" plays on a loop. There are even rumors that Hov himself will make an appearance sometime tonight and the store will be up until Sunday.

So much of the Watch the Throne release has been shrouded in mystery. Other than "H.A.M.," which was released in January and the LP's first official single "Otis," fans had heard nothing from Hov and Yeezy's project until it was released Monday morning. Who knows what they will come up with next.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668951/watch-the-throne-pop-up-store-new-york.jhtml

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

I really think it should be that way anyway, but I'm not sure if debuting artists or just less successful artists could do the same. They have to either
flood the market with mixtapes, or be directly affiliated with somebody already hot.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

I really think it should be that way anyway, but I'm not sure if debuting artists or just less successful artists could do the same. They have to either
flood the market with mixtapes, or be directly affiliated with somebody already hot.

Jeans are Balmain... Check out Complex for what they are wearing. Hopefully I can get to Best Buy to get the deluxe edition. Has anyone heard of a Best Buy not getting it today?

Jeans are Balmain... Check out Complex for what they are wearing. Hopefully I can get to Best Buy to get the deluxe edition. Has anyone heard of a Best Buy not getting it today?

Originally Posted by tevinbrad

ive called one in bk one in soho and one in qns all have the regular version, i really dont wanna wait until the 23rd.. hard enough trying to avoid the radio as it is...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by tevinbrad

ive called one in bk one in soho and one in qns all have the regular version, i really dont wanna wait until the 23rd.. hard enough trying to avoid the radio as it is...
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom