<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Gotta say after avoiding any radio or leaks, and only hearing Otis & H.A.M., I have to say this is a good album, and just that. It isn't groundbreaking or anything,
it's just good...but being just good feels underwhelming to me based on the artists they are. I would give this a 7-7.5/10, with the lyrics definitely being the best
part of the album. Don't really see how people can pump up the production when it really lags for the most part. I would say that the best complete songs (meaning
the lyrics AND production) would be Otis, Gotta Have It, New Day, Why I Love You, and if you include the bonus tracks, Primetime, The Joy, and Illest MF Alive. I
would the only truly bad song on here is That's My B__, with a couple other songs (Made In America, Life Off) just seemed kinda meh production wise. While listening
to the album, I felt like I kept waiting on something to really jump out like "OH S&@^!!!!", but it never really happened. I know this album made people feel like it just
changed their life, but I really wouldn't see why.

Gotta say after avoiding any radio or leaks, and only hearing Otis & H.A.M., I have to say this is a good album, and just that. It isn't groundbreaking or anything,
it's just good...but being just good feels underwhelming to me based on the artists they are. I would give this a 7-7.5/10, with the lyrics definitely being the best
part of the album. Don't really see how people can pump up the production when it really lags for the most part. I would say that the best complete songs (meaning
the lyrics AND production) would be Otis, Gotta Have It, New Day, Why I Love You, and if you include the bonus tracks, Primetime, The Joy, and Illest MF Alive. I
would the only truly bad song on here is That's My B__, with a couple other songs (Made In America, Life Off) just seemed kinda meh production wise. While listening
to the album, I felt like I kept waiting on something to really jump out like "OH S&@^!!!!", but it never really happened. I know this album made people feel like it just

Originally Posted by AyoDun

Two great artists but the album is ehh. Way better hip hop albums released this year that don't have 200 page threads, only way to explain that is people fall into the hype and follow what others are doing.

bzf28lmc23fvqpe5ekdb.gif

Originally Posted by AyoDun

Two great artists but the album is ehh. Way better hip hop albums released this year that don't have 200 page threads, only way to explain that is people fall into the hype and follow what others are doing.

bzf28lmc23fvqpe5ekdb.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

it's just good...but being just good feels underwhelming to me based on the artists they are. I would give this a 7-7.5/10

Yup

it's just good...but being just good feels underwhelming to me based on the artists they are. I would give this a 7-7.5/10

Yup

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Yup
I agree too

I would give it a 7.5/8 right now. Ive listen to it about 5 times and its growing on me. I really like the album. Of course it could be better, considering the caliber of artist, however its NO WHERE NEAR bad at all. Not a classic, but not bad at all.

Sidenote, my girl bought it off of iTunes and theres a 3 minute period of silence in the beginning of Illest %@+#!%@#!+%* Alive. Whats up with that? Anyone else get that?

I actually liked the production a lot, other than that everything you said is on point

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Yup
I agree too

I would give it a 7.5/8 right now. Ive listen to it about 5 times and its growing on me. I really like the album. Of course it could be better, considering the caliber of artist, however its NO WHERE NEAR bad at all. Not a classic, but not bad at all.

Sidenote, my girl bought it off of iTunes and theres a 3 minute period of silence in the beginning of Illest %@+#!%@#!+%* Alive. Whats up with that? Anyone else get that?

I actually liked the production a lot, other than that everything you said is on point

^^^I figured they did that on purpose just because it's a bonus track. Though usually albums are only like that if it's promoted as
a "hidden bonus track" (like Killer Mike's 2003 album). The song is just supposed to be 5 minutes anyway.

^^^I figured they did that on purpose just because it's a bonus track. Though usually albums are only like that if it's promoted as
a "hidden bonus track" (like Killer Mike's 2003 album). The song is just supposed to be 5 minutes anyway.

Cole World 22 wrote:

What exactly is your point? I don't post on here much. I didn't create this SN just to "troll" this thread.

My recent posts are in this thread because I'm a Jay-Z fan who was looking forward to this album. I cannot discuss this album without discussing Kanye West's contributions to this album. I don't post in other forums because most of them, General in particular, are full of mainstream-influenced clowns who have NO TASTE in anything and just roll with whatever the current mainstream-favored clown (previously wayne, currently Kanye) says is poppin'.

This thread is a prime example of those people. I've seen so many people quote this:

What's Gucci, my *%*#$?
What's Louis, my killa?
What's drugs, my dealer?

And it's sad because you clowns know nothing about what constitutes good punchlines/rhymes, yet you endlessly quote this line because it's "Kanye West" who said it, and because he name-drops some designer brands. I mean...how silly is that? The lines are saying NOTHING, yet y'all praise it like it's something crazy. I mean, !$! is the dude even saying? Forget about whether or not the line is poppin'... what the #@%% is he even saying? When rappers brag about how much Gucci, etc. they buy, it's already lacking substance. This line  further lacks substance, and I didn't even know that was possible. Dude says 3 lines with zero meaning, but because he says some popular European designer names and uses a rhyme-scheme of ni**a/killa/dealer... it's poppin'?
roll.gif
Okay.

What you after, actor money? / You in line behind currency, yeah you after money /

thats not clever to you?

No, it's not clever to me. Why? Because my IQ isn't in the negatives.

!$! is clever about that?
laugh.gif

ZERO-ZERO-ZERO-ZERO, A WHOLE LOTTA O'S!!!

roll.gif
Really? That's poppin'?

Peep this:

This dude is singing/mumbling some nonsense on "Lift Off."

This dude is "icks-nay off my %#@@%-nay" and claims is Pig-Latin.

This dude starts a track off with "L-O-L-O-L-O-L-O-L-..."

...and y'all continue to defend this guy? WHY? Because he told you in 2004 that droppin' out of college was poppin'..?
laugh.gif

Dude is a below average pop artist, and y'all call him a great RAPPER?
laugh.gif

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS! BUT ITS PROVACATIVE, IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!

Cole World 22 wrote:

What exactly is your point? I don't post on here much. I didn't create this SN just to "troll" this thread.

My recent posts are in this thread because I'm a Jay-Z fan who was looking forward to this album. I cannot discuss this album without discussing Kanye West's contributions to this album. I don't post in other forums because most of them, General in particular, are full of mainstream-influenced clowns who have NO TASTE in anything and just roll with whatever the current mainstream-favored clown (previously wayne, currently Kanye) says is poppin'.

This thread is a prime example of those people. I've seen so many people quote this:

What's Gucci, my *%*#$?
What's Louis, my killa?
What's drugs, my dealer?

And it's sad because you clowns know nothing about what constitutes good punchlines/rhymes, yet you endlessly quote this line because it's "Kanye West" who said it, and because he name-drops some designer brands. I mean...how silly is that? The lines are saying NOTHING, yet y'all praise it like it's something crazy. I mean, !$! is the dude even saying? Forget about whether or not the line is poppin'... what the #@%% is he even saying? When rappers brag about how much Gucci, etc. they buy, it's already lacking substance. This line  further lacks substance, and I didn't even know that was possible. Dude says 3 lines with zero meaning, but because he says some popular European designer names and uses a rhyme-scheme of ni**a/killa/dealer... it's poppin'?
roll.gif
Okay.

What you after, actor money? / You in line behind currency, yeah you after money /

thats not clever to you?

No, it's not clever to me. Why? Because my IQ isn't in the negatives.

!$! is clever about that?
laugh.gif

ZERO-ZERO-ZERO-ZERO, A WHOLE LOTTA O'S!!!

roll.gif
Really? That's poppin'?

Peep this:

This dude is singing/mumbling some nonsense on "Lift Off."

This dude is "icks-nay off my %#@@%-nay" and claims is Pig-Latin.

This dude starts a track off with "L-O-L-O-L-O-L-O-L-..."

...and y'all continue to defend this guy? WHY? Because he told you in 2004 that droppin' out of college was poppin'..?
laugh.gif

Dude is a below average pop artist, and y'all call him a great RAPPER?
laugh.gif

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS! BUT ITS PROVACATIVE, IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!

Anyone have issues with the Deluxe Edition not loading on Mac's?

I'm trying to save it to iTunes, but it keeps ejecting?

PO

Anyone have issues with the Deluxe Edition not loading on Mac's?

I'm trying to save it to iTunes, but it keeps ejecting?

PO

Back
Top Bottom