<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

anybody care to share their interpretation of Jay's verse on "No Church In the Wild" or the song in general

Im personally not a big fan of this track but I think he is trying to paint a picture...lil blurry for me still tho 
ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

essentially i thinks hes questioning the relationships between god/kings/civilians and the church. what him and ye are doing is making up something that works for them.

Tears on the mausoleum floor / Blood stains the coliseum doors /
mausoleum- a tomb that is built in honor of leaders/kings, where they're buried
coliseum - place where athletes/gladiators put their lives on the line for the entertainment of others
hes getting at the fact that when a king dies, people cry for them - when a gladiator dies, people cheer, like their life is worthless/inhuman.
hes questioning who has the right to decide that.

Lies on the lips of a priest / Thanksgiving disguised as a feast /
pretty straightforward. everybody knows the origins of thanksgiving and early european colonizers. initial "thanksgivings" were shared by native americans as well as settlers together as they gave thanks to their god/s as and the harvest season. hes questioning the motives of the church spreading the word in a land that isn't theirs. like it was the root of evil to come.

Rolling in the Rolls Royce Corniche / Only the doctors got this /
I’m hiding from police / Cocaine seats /
All white like I got the whole thing bleached / Drug dealer chic /
this section ties in with what's coming next. hes saying that these cars are meant for the noble/rich/elite - to the successful. but there he is, a drug dealer, in the same type of car, hiding from the police, having a much lower social status/rank. all the while "looking the part" of someone successful in life,even though he gained his riches be selling.

I’m wondering if a thug’s prayers reach / Is Pious pious cause God loves pious? /
Socrates asked whose bias do yall seek / All for Plato, screech / I’m out here balling, I know yall hear my sneaks
 / Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats / Hova flow the Holy Ghost / Get the hell up out your seats / Preach
my favorite part right here. hes wondering if god listens to people who continually live in sin/or judges people by their status in life/social standing. in the next line hes bringing me back to philosophy 101
laugh.gif
- and the euthyphro dilemma. socrates says "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" is what is right or moral  - universally right? or is it only right because they say so? hes asking where do you stand.  all for plato, screech. i dont know for sure but from what i gather some philosophers were thought to be the annoying type, to constantly question things, and were the constant object of ridicule. basically jay is saying that hes asking these questions for you benefit. hes like do you hear what im saying? and the last lines finish it off, basically the new religion is the holy trinity of rap. father, son and the holy spirit are now jesus, kanye, and jay-z.
Pretty much 
I found the Euthyphro quote crazy too followed by the line "..All for Plato..screech" Plato was Socrates's protege like Kanye is to Jay. 

The "screech" references the way Kanye acts out sometimes he was Just like Plato. Plato was known as a social gadfly. And shunned because of it.

"A gadfly is a person who upsets the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions....or just being an irritant"

In the end both Socrates and Plato were assassinated because of there attack on social norms. Here Jay is comparing that because he and Yeezy sometimes reference things that might be against social norms or relgion he and Kanye are being assasinated socially (called devil worshippers and Illuminati members)

Its the plight of the social gadfly. 

During the trial of Socrates...Plato wrote the Apology about the trial of Socrates

"In the Apology Socrates tries to dismiss rumors that he is a sophist and defends himself against charges of disbelief in the gods and corruption of the young."

^ Sound familiar?

jayzab080109.jpg

anybody care to share their interpretation of Jay's verse on "No Church In the Wild" or the song in general

Im personally not a big fan of this track but I think he is trying to paint a picture...lil blurry for me still tho 
ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

essentially i thinks hes questioning the relationships between god/kings/civilians and the church. what him and ye are doing is making up something that works for them.

coliseum - place where athletes/gladiators put their lives on the line for the entertainment of others
hes getting at the fact that when a king dies, people cry for them - when a gladiator dies, people cheer, like their life is worthless/inhuman.

pretty straightforward. everybody knows the origins of thanksgiving and early european colonizers. initial "thanksgivings" were shared by native americans as well as settlers together as they gave thanks to their god/s as and the harvest season. hes questioning the motives of the church spreading the word in a land that isn't theirs. like it was the root of evil to come.

this section ties in with what's coming next. hes saying that these cars are meant for the noble/rich/elite - to the successful. but there he is, a drug dealer, in the same type of car, hiding from the police, having a much lower social status/rank. all the while "looking the part" of someone successful in life,even though he gained his riches be selling.

I’m wondering if a thug’s prayers reach / Is Pious pious cause God loves pious? /
Socrates asked whose bias do yall seek / All for Plato, screech / I’m out here balling, I know yall hear my sneaks
 / Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats / Hova flow the Holy Ghost / Get the hell up out your seats / Preach
my favorite part right here. hes wondering if god listens to people who continually live in sin/or judges people by their status in life/social standing. in the next line hes bringing me back to philosophy 101
laugh.gif
- and the euthyphro dilemma. socrates says "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" is what is right or moral  - universally right? or is it only right because they say so? hes asking where do you stand.  all for plato, screech. i dont know for sure but from what i gather some philosophers were thought to be the annoying type, to constantly question things, and were the constant object of ridicule. basically jay is saying that hes asking these questions for you benefit. hes like do you hear what im saying? and the last lines finish it off, basically the new religion is the holy trinity of rap. father, son and the holy spirit are now jesus, kanye, and jay-z.
Pretty much 
I found the Euthyphro quote crazy too followed by the line "..All for Plato..screech" Plato was Socrates's protege like Kanye is to Jay. 

The "screech" references the way Kanye acts out sometimes he was Just like Plato. Plato was known as a social gadfly. And shunned because of it.

"A gadfly is a person who upsets the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions....or just being an irritant"

In the end both Socrates and Plato were assassinated because of there attack on social norms. Here Jay is comparing that because he and Yeezy sometimes reference things that might be against social norms or relgion he and Kanye are being assasinated socially (called devil worshippers and Illuminati members)

During the trial of Socrates...Plato wrote the Apology about the trial of Socrates

"In the Apology Socrates tries to dismiss rumors that he is a sophist and defends himself against charges of disbelief in the gods and corruption of the young."

^ Sound familiar?

jayzab080109.jpg

overall to me the album is kind of weak. hov has turned into the old guy at the party. all he talks about is money, and not cleverly either. yeezy was waaaay more entertaining on this album to me and even he was kinda toned down to me smh. i think there were a few hot beats that were completely wasted unfortunately. specifically _ in paris and who gon stop me. i thought bout of these were pure flames that seemed to get played out by the lyrics =(. oh and why does IMA take 3:45 seconds to start? type of bs is that?

overall to me the album is kind of weak. hov has turned into the old guy at the party. all he talks about is money, and not cleverly either. yeezy was waaaay more entertaining on this album to me and even he was kinda toned down to me smh. i think there were a few hot beats that were completely wasted unfortunately. specifically _ in paris and who gon stop me. i thought bout of these were pure flames that seemed to get played out by the lyrics =(. oh and why does IMA take 3:45 seconds to start? type of bs is that?

ThorrocksJs wrote:
Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

People who think this production on another level probably don't listen to anything beyond hip hop honestly.This production was average.

I've been seeing this elitist comment as of late.
So to be fair...shed light on some amazing productions, overall, you're a big fan of? I'm throwing no shade here whatsoever....just a little insight.�

To say this is supposed to be regal album they sample and make tracks with hints of dubstep,trance,techno .

When I think of Royalty I would think of a song like this. Not N&*gas in Paris.To say this is album is supposed to be them asserting themselves as the King and Prince of Rap.The beats sure don't sound very kingly.They could have made it over the top if it had orchestration or more instrumentation.Instead it comes across as a cheap deceptive way of fooling the common rap listener by preying on the fact they aren't listeners of music beyond rap .

Your comparing 2 completely different genre's tho. I like coldplay but why say Livin la Vida is more royalty
laugh.gif
 if im with my *****% in France im not bumpin coldplay. I thought the production was top notch imo, it wasn't made to be a perfect album....
ohwell.gif

ThorrocksJs wrote:

People who think this production on another level probably don't listen to anything beyond hip hop honestly.This production was average.

So to be fair...shed light on some amazing productions, overall, you're a big fan of? I'm throwing no shade here whatsoever....just a little insight.�

To say this is supposed to be regal album they sample and make tracks with hints of dubstep,trance,techno .

When I think of Royalty I would think of a song like this. Not N&*gas in Paris.To say this is album is supposed to be them asserting themselves as the King and Prince of Rap.The beats sure don't sound very kingly.They could have made it over the top if it had orchestration or more instrumentation.Instead it comes across as a cheap deceptive way of fooling the common rap listener by preying on the fact they aren't listeners of music beyond rap .

Your comparing 2 completely different genre's tho. I like coldplay but why say Livin la Vida is more royalty
laugh.gif
 if im with my *****% in France im not bumpin coldplay. I thought the production was top notch imo, it wasn't made to be a perfect album....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

laugh.gif
 if im with my @*#@#+ in France im not bumpin coldplay. I thought the production was top notch imo, it wasn't made to be a perfect album....
ohwell.gif
I was saying that song created a regal vibe that set the tone for the album.Nothing on WTT gave me that feeling like whoa these dudes are truly on a higher level and they are making a convincing argument for being the King and the Prince of Rap.

laugh.gif
 if im with my @*#@#+ in France im not bumpin coldplay. I thought the production was top notch imo, it wasn't made to be a perfect album....
ohwell.gif
I was saying that song created a regal vibe that set the tone for the album.Nothing on WTT gave me that feeling like whoa these dudes are truly on a higher level and they are making a convincing argument for being the King and the Prince of Rap.

i mean he could tie that in like he did with the sound of his kicks on the court, what you mentioned with kanye, to plato, or with the saved by the bell character. dont ask me how he does it.

i mean he could tie that in like he did with the sound of his kicks on the court, what you mentioned with kanye, to plato, or with the saved by the bell character. dont ask me how he does it.

Freeze - you said this - hov has turned into the old guy at the party. all he talks about is money, and not cleverly either.

This is why i dont believe people listen to the album - ALL he talk is money? did you not hear No Church in a while, New Day, Sweet Baby Jesus, That's My B, Love you so, thats almost half the regular lp where its nothing to do wih money

And if he did only talk about money - thats what he been talking about most his career, why change now?

Last Otis is prey clever and fun way to rap abou money

Freeze - you said this - hov has turned into the old guy at the party. all he talks about is money, and not cleverly either.

This is why i dont believe people listen to the album - ALL he talk is money? did you not hear No Church in a while, New Day, Sweet Baby Jesus, That's My B, Love you so, thats almost half the regular lp where its nothing to do wih money

And if he did only talk about money - thats what he been talking about most his career, why change now?

Last Otis is prey clever and fun way to rap abou money

Originally Posted by cartune

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

laugh.gif
Pretty much 

^ Sound familiar?

Great explanation...

So I guess The Dreams verses "I live by you, desire" makes a smooth segue into Kanye's verse about living for desire rather than whats "socially moral" in his threesome and disbelieve for monogamy.... 

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

laugh.gif
Pretty much 

^ Sound familiar?

Great explanation...

So I guess The Dreams verses "I live by you, desire" makes a smooth segue into Kanye's verse about living for desire rather than whats "socially moral" in his threesome and disbelieve for monogamy.... 

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

No disrespect whatsoever but are we listening to the same album? New Day, Why I Love You, Illest ##%*!+@#!#%% Alive, and Primetime, disregarding the lyrics, are some of the more regal-sounding hip-hop beats I've heard. Can you name some hip-hop tracks that sound more "kingly?" I'd be really interested in hearing them.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

No disrespect whatsoever but are we listening to the same album? New Day, Why I Love You, Illest ##%*!+@#!#%% Alive, and Primetime, disregarding the lyrics, are some of the more regal-sounding hip-hop beats I've heard. Can you name some hip-hop tracks that sound more "kingly?" I'd be really interested in hearing them.

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

laugh.gif
Pretty much 

^ Sound familiar?

jayzab080109.jpg

That's pretty deep right there

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

laugh.gif
Pretty much 

^ Sound familiar?

jayzab080109.jpg

That's pretty deep right there

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

laugh.gif
Pretty much 

^ Sound familiar?

jayzab080109.jpg
u dudes did work!
Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats / Hova flow the Holy Ghost / Get the hell up out your seats / Preach

"the last lines finish it off, basically the new religion is the holy trinity of rap. father, son and the holy spirit are now jesus, kanye, and jay-z."

^i dunno why but I still cant call it on this but good insight nonetheless 

Back
Top Bottom