<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Kind of a reach..

but..

I mean..what else can he do other than fire shots via twitter?
Tell Wayne to go at them on a track? Drake? Go at them himself?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Can someone summarize this thread please?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So an album dropped.  Kanye and Jay have lyrics described as "plane lyrics" meaning they go right over your head.  After multiple listens you summarize in your opinion what they meant by them. Sometimes we are reaching, and other times it's just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Take it for what it's worth... 

As for the outlook of the album, I don't think one person said this was "thrash" .. Some people (of course) hated on it, but for the most part NT liked the album.  I'd have to say that "IMFA" & "Gotta Have it" are the fan favorites.. "Who Gon Stop Me" is getting the 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 treatment for the beat change among other things... which is great because I agree..

Everyone will agree that the production is on another level.

Otis video dropped.  

Deluxe version came out today. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Can someone summarize this thread please?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So an album dropped.  Kanye and Jay have lyrics described as "plane lyrics" meaning they go right over your head.  After multiple listens you summarize in your opinion what they meant by them. Sometimes we are reaching, and other times it's just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Take it for what it's worth... 

As for the outlook of the album, I don't think one person said this was "thrash" .. Some people (of course) hated on it, but for the most part NT liked the album.  I'd have to say that "IMFA" & "Gotta Have it" are the fan favorites.. "Who Gon Stop Me" is getting the 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 treatment for the beat change among other things... which is great because I agree..

Everyone will agree that the production is on another level.

Otis video dropped.  

Deluxe version came out today. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

anybody care to share their interpretation of Jay's verse on "No Church In the Wild" or the song in general

Im personally not a big fan of this track but I think he is trying to paint a picture...lil blurry for me still tho 
ohwell.gif
What I gleaned from his verse was that nothing was sacred in the world anymore, if there ever was. He paints himself as untouchable, protected from and unaffected by the ills of the world. He questions religion, and even the circular reasoning of it. Namedropping a few of the great philosophers in Socrates and Plato, he urges the listener to choose how they see the world - no he tells them to see it the platonian way (ideas are the basis of true knowledge). Finally, he implants the idea of the parallel between Kanye and Jesus and himself and the Holy Ghost so that the listener would be compelled to praise the duo in like manner.

anybody care to share their interpretation of Jay's verse on "No Church In the Wild" or the song in general

Im personally not a big fan of this track but I think he is trying to paint a picture...lil blurry for me still tho 
ohwell.gif
What I gleaned from his verse was that nothing was sacred in the world anymore, if there ever was. He paints himself as untouchable, protected from and unaffected by the ills of the world. He questions religion, and even the circular reasoning of it. Namedropping a few of the great philosophers in Socrates and Plato, he urges the listener to choose how they see the world - no he tells them to see it the platonian way (ideas are the basis of true knowledge). Finally, he implants the idea of the parallel between Kanye and Jesus and himself and the Holy Ghost so that the listener would be compelled to praise the duo in like manner.

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

essentially i thinks hes questioning the relationships between god/kings/civilians and the church. what him and ye are doing is making up something that works for them.

Tears on the mausoleum floor / Blood stains the coliseum doors /
mausoleum- a tomb that is built in honor of leaders/kings, where they're buried
coliseum - place where athletes/gladiators put their lives on the line for the entertainment of others
hes getting at the fact that when a king dies, people cry for them - when a gladiator dies, people cheer, like their life is worthless/inhuman.
hes questioning who has the right to decide that.

Lies on the lips of a priest / Thanksgiving disguised as a feast /
pretty straightforward. everybody knows the origins of thanksgiving and early european colonizers. initial "thanksgivings" were shared by native americans as well as settlers together as they gave thanks to their god/s as and the harvest season. hes questioning the motives of the church spreading the word in a land that isn't theirs. like it was the root of evil to come.

Rolling in the Rolls Royce Corniche / Only the doctors got this /
I’m hiding from police / Cocaine seats /
All white like I got the whole thing bleached / Drug dealer chic /
this section ties in with what's coming next. hes saying that these cars are meant for the noble/rich/elite - to the successful. but there he is, a drug dealer, in the same type of car, hiding from the police, having a much lower social status/rank. all the while "looking the part" of someone successful in life,even though he gained his riches be selling.

I’m wondering if a thug’s prayers reach / Is Pious pious cause God loves pious? /
Socrates asked whose bias do yall seek / All for Plato, screech / I’m out here balling, I know yall hear my sneaks
 / Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats / Hova flow the Holy Ghost / Get the hell up out your seats / Preach
my favorite part right here. hes wondering if god listens to people who continually live in sin/or judges people by their status in life/social standing. in the next line hes bringing me back to philosophy 101
laugh.gif
- and the euthyphro dilemma. socrates says "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" is what is right or moral  - universally right? or is it only right because they say so? hes asking where do you stand.  all for plato, screech. i dont know for sure but from what i gather some philosophers were thought to be the annoying type, to constantly question things, and were the constant object of ridicule. basically jay is saying that hes asking these questions for you benefit. hes like do you hear what im saying? and the last lines finish it off, basically the new religion is the holy trinity of rap. father, son and the holy spirit are now jesus, kanye, and jay-z.

ohwell.gif
ill give it a try

essentially i thinks hes questioning the relationships between god/kings/civilians and the church. what him and ye are doing is making up something that works for them.

Tears on the mausoleum floor / Blood stains the coliseum doors /
mausoleum- a tomb that is built in honor of leaders/kings, where they're buried
coliseum - place where athletes/gladiators put their lives on the line for the entertainment of others
hes getting at the fact that when a king dies, people cry for them - when a gladiator dies, people cheer, like their life is worthless/inhuman.
hes questioning who has the right to decide that.

Lies on the lips of a priest / Thanksgiving disguised as a feast /
pretty straightforward. everybody knows the origins of thanksgiving and early european colonizers. initial "thanksgivings" were shared by native americans as well as settlers together as they gave thanks to their god/s as and the harvest season. hes questioning the motives of the church spreading the word in a land that isn't theirs. like it was the root of evil to come.

Rolling in the Rolls Royce Corniche / Only the doctors got this /
I’m hiding from police / Cocaine seats /
All white like I got the whole thing bleached / Drug dealer chic /
this section ties in with what's coming next. hes saying that these cars are meant for the noble/rich/elite - to the successful. but there he is, a drug dealer, in the same type of car, hiding from the police, having a much lower social status/rank. all the while "looking the part" of someone successful in life,even though he gained his riches be selling.

I’m wondering if a thug’s prayers reach / Is Pious pious cause God loves pious? /
Socrates asked whose bias do yall seek / All for Plato, screech / I’m out here balling, I know yall hear my sneaks
 / Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats / Hova flow the Holy Ghost / Get the hell up out your seats / Preach
my favorite part right here. hes wondering if god listens to people who continually live in sin/or judges people by their status in life/social standing. in the next line hes bringing me back to philosophy 101
laugh.gif
- and the euthyphro dilemma. socrates says "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" is what is right or moral  - universally right? or is it only right because they say so? hes asking where do you stand.  all for plato, screech. i dont know for sure but from what i gather some philosophers were thought to be the annoying type, to constantly question things, and were the constant object of ridicule. basically jay is saying that hes asking these questions for you benefit. hes like do you hear what im saying? and the last lines finish it off, basically the new religion is the holy trinity of rap. father, son and the holy spirit are now jesus, kanye, and jay-z.

People who think this production on another level probably don't listen to anything beyond hip hop honestly.This production was average.

People who think this production on another level probably don't listen to anything beyond hip hop honestly.This production was average.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Pretty much. And not average like describing a female or something, like actually average, barely standing out kinda stuff. There's some nice
songs here and there, but no next level/life-changing type stuff like some people are saying, even posting a bunch of
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, when
it's really not.

Pretty much. And not average like describing a female or something, like actually average, barely standing out kinda stuff. There's some nice
songs here and there, but no next level/life-changing type stuff like some people are saying, even posting a bunch of
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, when
it's really not.

I've been seeing this elitist comment as of late.
So to be fair...shed light on some amazing productions, overall, you're a big fan of? I'm throwing no shade here whatsoever....just a little insight. 

So to be fair...shed light on some amazing productions, overall, you're a big fan of? I'm throwing no shade here whatsoever....just a little insight. 

Originally Posted by Peep Game

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, when
it's really not.

ive been meaning to say that about the production. every dream album has had way better production. these beats were real cheap, the change ups were weak. It's like they used the top 16 beats on soundclick

Originally Posted by Peep Game

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, when
it's really not.

ive been meaning to say that about the production. every dream album has had way better production. these beats were real cheap, the change ups were weak. It's like they used the top 16 beats on soundclick

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

To say this is supposed to be regal album they sample and make tracks with hints of dubstep,trance,techno .

When I think of Royalty I would think of a song like this. Not N&*gas in Paris.To say this is album is supposed to be them asserting themselves as the King and Prince of Rap.The beats sure don't sound very kingly.They could have made it over the top if it had orchestration or more instrumentation.Instead it comes across as a cheap deceptive way of fooling the common rap listener by preying on the fact they aren't listeners of music beyond rap .

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

To say this is supposed to be regal album they sample and make tracks with hints of dubstep,trance,techno .

When I think of Royalty I would think of a song like this. Not N&*gas in Paris.To say this is album is supposed to be them asserting themselves as the King and Prince of Rap.The beats sure don't sound very kingly.They could have made it over the top if it had orchestration or more instrumentation.Instead it comes across as a cheap deceptive way of fooling the common rap listener by preying on the fact they aren't listeners of music beyond rap .

Back
Top Bottom