Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Don't have to defame a dead person to be held liable to their family, the victims. See Alex Jones. Granted his went on for a decade, not a one time comment, so not really comparable. I'd love for all these conspiracy theory whacks to end up broke af for spreading their bull**** though, Kanye included. Spread hateful lies, get held accountable. Would be awesome.
Alex Jones' case is different. Alex Jones was targeting the family of the victims which drove his followers to stalk, harrass, and directly harm the family of the children who were murdered.
Floyd's family has to PROVE in court that some sort of harm came to them because of Kanye's views directly and ONLY Kanye's views. You know how hard that would be?

Just sueing people based on lies and slander isnt a walk in the park, and it isnt free either. They can sue Kanye for a billion dollars if they wanted to.
Will they get it? Doubtful. Will they pay out their *** on lawyer fees? YES.

I suggest people actually do their research on the Alex Jones case before using it as some sort of standard for slander/defamation cases.

Last edited:
Alex Jones' case is different. Alex Jones was targeting the family of the victims which drove his followers to stalk, harrass, and directly harm the family of the children who were murdered.
Floyd's family has to PROVE in court that some sort of harm came to them because of Kanye's views directly and ONLY Kanye's views. You know how hard that would be?

Just sueing people based on lies and slander isnt a walk in the park, and it isnt free either. They can sue Kanye for a billion dollars if they wanted to.
Are there anti-SLAPP laws where this is being filed?

Either way I don't think these lawyers are acting in good faith with the Floyd family.

I suggest people actually do their research on the Alex Jones case before using it as some sort of standard for slander/defamation cases.
Agree with all of this up to the fees. I don't think the family of George Floyd will be paying any fees if/when the case goes nowhere.

Agree with all of this up to the fees. I don't think the family of George Floyd will be paying any fees if/when the case goes nowhere.
Depends on whether there's anti-SLAPP laws in wherever this is being filed. If there are, then they'll be paying not just their own lawyer fees but Kanye's lawyer fees as well.

This kind of performative litigation, because let's be honest that's all this is, should be strongly discouraged. The Floyd family should not be blamed for this but those lawyers should know better. Either they're not competent enough for something like this or they're very much aware of where this is going and are just rinsing the Floyd family for a payday.

Depends on whether there's anti-SLAPP laws in wherever this is being filed. If there are, then they'll be paying not just their own lawyer fees but Kanye's lawyer fees as well.

This kind of performative litigation, because let's be honest that's all this is, should be strongly discouraged. The Floyd family should not be blamed for this but those lawyers should know better. Either they're not competent enough for something like this or they're very much aware of where this is going and are just rinsing the Floyd family for a payday.
I'm not going to waste my time going back and forth. Tag me when you see the Floyd family get hit with a bill from their attorneys.

Those lawyers rinsed the Floyd family. That lawsuit is going nowhere.
You can't defame a dead person, legally speaking.

05ba8f600661b9327a5df3839804a321.png
They probably need more money. Ye is an easy target right now. They won’t get a dime and rightfully so.

This dude always popping up to wave his MAGA flag

"Rightfully so"

Low life stuff
I agree that the lawsuit should and will fail, rightfully so.
Unless they settle, which would be very unlukely as Kanye would win this case either way.

My view is that this kind of performative litigation is a cancer and anti-SLAPP laws should be in all states to fully discourage frivolous litigation.

The Floyd family must be in a very vulnerable/angry state after the incredible disrespect from Kanye. To me it sounds like these lawyers abused that to come up with and get approval for a lawsuit that seemingly only serves to line the lawyers’ own pockets.

As I’ve said though, the Floyd family is not to blame here. They’re being taken advantage of by their lawyers.
At least that’s what it looks like to me.

Last edited:
Not sure what the passive aggressiveness is all about.
I thought we were just discussing the legal matter, not playing some “back and forth” game.
There's a 0% chance his family gets hit with fees. It would be a PR nightmare for the attorneys, attorneys that are doing it for the PR.

There's a 0% chance his family gets hit with fees. It would be a PR nightmare for the attorneys, attorneys that are doing it for the PR.
Eh it’s possible sure but I see no indication anywhere that they’re working pro bono. As far as PR, you could argue setting up the Floyd family for a crushing defeat in court isn’t good PR either.

If there isn’t a payday in it for the lawyers, why make such a mockery of themselves?
Everything I’ve read so far suggests to me that these lawyers are scumbags taking advantage of an emotionally distressed family.

That Alex Jones stuff is wild. Like he seriously needs to be physically hurt beyond any type of financial compensation.

Like I don’t know how accessible he is. Or how hard it would be to catch him slipping. But it’s totally reasonable and warranted for any parent or relative who lost a kid in those horrific school shootings to want blood and see serious physical harm inflicted on Alex Jones.

That Alex Jones stuff is wild. Like he seriously needs to be physically hurt beyond any type of financial compensation.

Like I don’t know how accessible he is. Or how hard it would be to catch him slipping. But it’s totally reasonable and warranted for any parent or relative who lost a kid in those horrific school shootings to want blood and see serious physical harm inflicted on Alex Jones.
Yeah honestly if that happened to my son at school I don’t see myself wanting to live anymore after that. If I did somehow survive myself after and Alex Jones was pulling that **** idk how I wouldn’t devote my life to taking him out.

Yeah honestly if that happened to my son at school I don’t see myself wanting to live anymore after that. If I did somehow survive myself after and Alex Jones was pulling that **** idk how I wouldn’t devote my life to taking him out.

Agreed. Like I couldn’t imagine going through every parents worst nightmare and having some scumbag with a platform pouring salt on the wound an enabling a bunch of idiots to agree with the crap he’s spewing. He needs to go. I wouldn’t feel bad at all if someone ends up doing that because sometimes there needs to be consequences for saying horrible stuff.

I agree that the lawsuit should and will fail, rightfully so.
Unless they settle, which would be very unlukely as Kanye would win this case either way.

My view is that this kind of performative litigation is a cancer and anti-SLAPP laws should be in all states to fully discourage frivolous litigation.

The Floyd family must be in a very vulnerable/angry state after the incredible disrespect from Kanye. To me it sounds like these lawyers abused that to come up with and get approval for a lawsuit that seemingly only serves to line the lawyers’ own pockets.

As I’ve said though, the Floyd family is not to blame here. They’re being taken advantage of by their lawyers.
At least that’s what it looks like to me.

I mean that's cool and all, but I can assure you that your motivation for saying that is very different from the MAGA guy's

Eh it’s possible sure but I see no indication anywhere that they’re working pro bono. As far as PR, you could argue setting up the Floyd family for a crushing defeat in court isn’t good PR either.

If there isn’t a payday in it for the lawyers, why make such a mockery of themselves?
Everything I’ve read so far suggests to me that these lawyers are scumbags taking advantage of an emotionally distressed family.

In america its pretty common for civil lawyers to take on a lawsuit with no upfront money and take a higher percentage of any potential settlement if they win. I wouldn't assume anyone paid these lawyers up front under false pretenses of having a legitimate case.

In america its pretty common for civil lawyers to take on a lawsuit with no upfront money and take a higher percentage of any potential settlement if they win. I wouldn't assume anyone paid these lawyers up front under false pretenses of having a legitimate case.
They will also front the client some money and then take it back with interest as well at the time the settlement is disbursed, but that's knowing they have an open and shut case.

Back
Top Bottom