Kanye West x Jay-Z “H.A.M.â€

Originally Posted by solidsnake

It's aight, I was expecting much much more, The Joy level #@%. But it ain't. Kanye with some Soulja Boy bars but Jay
pimp.gif

Still, I hope this is the weakest song on the album, sounds like filler really...

And why Lex make the same beats all the time?
I don't get why you dudes saying this sounds like BMF. I mean it has some elements but its not nearly as identical as BMF, Hard In Da Paint and MC Hammer. See Me Now and HAM don't sound anything like those other songs IMO. See Me Now was wack though.

Am I the only one not too excited to hear an entire album of Jay lyrically assault and battering Kanye on every track 
ohwell.gif

We talking "thrones" and as an MC, one of these N's don't belong on any throne with the other.

Hopefully the music will be good.  I can do without this track tho

Am I the only one not too excited to hear an entire album of Jay lyrically assault and battering Kanye on every track 
ohwell.gif

We talking "thrones" and as an MC, one of these N's don't belong on any throne with the other.

Hopefully the music will be good.  I can do without this track tho

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Beat is ok..but that drum pattern is repetative...and these verses are ok at best..cmon..these are all starts...I NEED TO BE IMPRESSED EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SPIT...anything else is lack luster
Kobe can't go out and score 18 points..thats good for a average player..but no for kobe
so everytime I hear all star artists I expect greatness

Horrible analogy.....smh.  Even the greatest ballplayers score in the teens on some nights.  If Kobe scores 18 while grabbing 10 boards and dishing out 10 assists does that make him any less "impressive" of a player?! NO it doesnt!!  But I guess you wouldn't be impressed just because he ONLY scored 18 points.  Sadly your expectations for him to hit a certain number of points would blind you from being able to see that he actually had an impressive performance with a triple-double.

Similarly your expectations of a certain type of "impressive" verse from a certain artist can blind you from appreciating the work that they have done. Just judge the music for what it is....having expectations before you hear a song is quite ridiculous as you will never enjoy the song for what it is.

With that being said the beat on this song is average, Kanye's verse was sub-par but Jay's verse was sick and steals the show.

actually it is a bad analogy..because you can't re-do a jump shot...you sure as hell can re-do a verse
and I didn't say kobe had 10 boards etc. I said he only put up 18 points..and as far as points go thats lack luster but better than a lot
What I was trying to say is that when you have a artist of this caliber step up and deviler..thats exactly what they're suppose to do and if we didn't have expectations for ppl such as Jay-z and kanye..what would we judge them on? I'm a artist myself..and other than making a beat and writing a song what else can a I appreciate that they have done? Jay verse was cool..Kanye verse was trash...I don't see a concept and the beat was co-produced by kanye...which im not feeling and I would pick a baron boys beat over any lex luger X kanye beat anyday    
You totally missed the point.

But Kanye and Jay should be judged on exactly what you are listening to.  Having pre-conceived notions or expectations of what a song/verse should sound like allows you to not be objective when listening.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Beat is ok..but that drum pattern is repetative...and these verses are ok at best..cmon..these are all starts...I NEED TO BE IMPRESSED EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SPIT...anything else is lack luster
Kobe can't go out and score 18 points..thats good for a average player..but no for kobe
so everytime I hear all star artists I expect greatness

Horrible analogy.....smh.  Even the greatest ballplayers score in the teens on some nights.  If Kobe scores 18 while grabbing 10 boards and dishing out 10 assists does that make him any less "impressive" of a player?! NO it doesnt!!  But I guess you wouldn't be impressed just because he ONLY scored 18 points.  Sadly your expectations for him to hit a certain number of points would blind you from being able to see that he actually had an impressive performance with a triple-double.

Similarly your expectations of a certain type of "impressive" verse from a certain artist can blind you from appreciating the work that they have done. Just judge the music for what it is....having expectations before you hear a song is quite ridiculous as you will never enjoy the song for what it is.

With that being said the beat on this song is average, Kanye's verse was sub-par but Jay's verse was sick and steals the show.

actually it is a bad analogy..because you can't re-do a jump shot...you sure as hell can re-do a verse
and I didn't say kobe had 10 boards etc. I said he only put up 18 points..and as far as points go thats lack luster but better than a lot
What I was trying to say is that when you have a artist of this caliber step up and deviler..thats exactly what they're suppose to do and if we didn't have expectations for ppl such as Jay-z and kanye..what would we judge them on? I'm a artist myself..and other than making a beat and writing a song what else can a I appreciate that they have done? Jay verse was cool..Kanye verse was trash...I don't see a concept and the beat was co-produced by kanye...which im not feeling and I would pick a baron boys beat over any lex luger X kanye beat anyday    
You totally missed the point.

But Kanye and Jay should be judged on exactly what you are listening to.  Having pre-conceived notions or expectations of what a song/verse should sound like allows you to not be objective when listening.

Why is it only _'s from NY/NJ who keep saying Lex beats sound the same?

Is that a coincidence?

Why is it only _'s from NY/NJ who keep saying Lex beats sound the same?

Is that a coincidence?

the production was trash. Take any beat off of lebron flocka James 1, 2, pressure, black out or flockaveli and replace it with this one and it'd be way better.

lex might hve diversity but he hasn't shown it yet. I keep telling *#!$%$ that southside is better and more diverse.

All lex's *!%* sounds the same. It's not me being a ny dude it's me being honest. I know ppl from other states that feel the same way.

the production was trash. Take any beat off of lebron flocka James 1, 2, pressure, black out or flockaveli and replace it with this one and it'd be way better.

lex might hve diversity but he hasn't shown it yet. I keep telling *#!$%$ that southside is better and more diverse.

All lex's *!%* sounds the same. It's not me being a ny dude it's me being honest. I know ppl from other states that feel the same way.

As two of the more polarizing rap artists out there, I'm not really surprised by the responses.

Song is dope IMO.

Am I gonna run around screaming it's greatness? No, because it's not on THAT level. But def not as bad as some of y'all making it out to be.

And if this is what we should expect lyric-wise from the rest of the tape then I'm gonna need Ye' to remove his verses and turn this into a Jay album or get Push to write him some bars, so that he can avoid constant embarrassment.

I could immediately tell this was a Lex beat, BUT this wasn't the all famous Lex riddim.

As two of the more polarizing rap artists out there, I'm not really surprised by the responses.

Song is dope IMO.

Am I gonna run around screaming it's greatness? No, because it's not on THAT level. But def not as bad as some of y'all making it out to be.

And if this is what we should expect lyric-wise from the rest of the tape then I'm gonna need Ye' to remove his verses and turn this into a Jay album or get Push to write him some bars, so that he can avoid constant embarrassment.

I could immediately tell this was a Lex beat, BUT this wasn't the all famous Lex riddim.

All the Lex Luger beats I've heard so far do sound similar to each other at least.. Still dope though

All the Lex Luger beats I've heard so far do sound similar to each other at least.. Still dope though

"Luckily Jay-Z saves the song, barely with Jaz-O's "patented flow""

laugh.gif
You sound like a hater. If Jaz is what you would rather listen to then why are you here?

Song is flames. Doesn't have to be the greatest song ever to be nice. And word to Deuce King for quoting Jay's intro to "A Million and One Questions".

"Luckily Jay-Z saves the song, barely with Jaz-O's "patented flow""

laugh.gif
You sound like a hater. If Jaz is what you would rather listen to then why are you here?

Song is flames. Doesn't have to be the greatest song ever to be nice. And word to Deuce King for quoting Jay's intro to "A Million and One Questions".

Back
Top Bottom