Kanye West x Jay-Z “H.A.M.â€

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Maybe because Im a Twista fan....The king of the fast flow
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
....Disagree?....Im guessing you think Jay-Z is better with the fast flow???????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
uhhh, no.

krayzie > twista ... easily

nahhhhh... theres room for argument though....

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
....Disagree?....Im guessing you think Jay-Z is better with the fast flow???????
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
uhhh, no.

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
uhhh, no.

[h2]
Twista's rapid-fire verse delivery got him in the Guiness Book of World Records for being able to articulate 11.2 words per second
[/h2]

pimp.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
uhhh, no.

[h2]
Twista's rapid-fire verse delivery got him in the Guiness Book of World Records for being able to articulate 11.2 words per second
[/h2]

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Beat is ok..but that drum pattern is repetative...and these verses are ok at best..cmon..these are all starts...I NEED TO BE IMPRESSED EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SPIT...anything else is lack luster
Kobe can't go out and score 18 points..thats good for a average player..but no for kobe
so everytime I hear all star artists I expect greatness

Horrible analogy.....smh.  Even the greatest ballplayers score in the teens on some nights.  If Kobe scores 18 while grabbing 10 boards and dishing out 10 assists does that make him any less "impressive" of a player?! NO it doesnt!!  But I guess you wouldn't be impressed just because he ONLY scored 18 points.  Sadly your expectations for him to hit a certain number of points would blind you from being able to see that he actually had an impressive performance with a triple-double.

Similarly your expectations of a certain type of "impressive" verse from a certain artist can blind you from appreciating the work that they have done. Just judge the music for what it is....having expectations before you hear a song is quite ridiculous as you will never enjoy the song for what it is.

With that being said the beat on this song is average, Kanye's verse was sub-par but Jay's verse was sick and steals the show.

actually it is a bad analogy..because you can't re-do a jump shot...you sure as hell can re-do a verse
and I didn't say kobe had 10 boards etc. I said he only put up 18 points..and as far as points go thats lack luster but better than a lot
What I was trying to say is that when you have a artist of this caliber step up and deviler..thats exactly what they're suppose to do and if we didn't have expectations for ppl such as Jay-z and kanye..what would we judge them on? I'm a artist myself..and other than making a beat and writing a song what else can a I appreciate that they have done? Jay verse was cool..Kanye verse was trash...I don't see a concept and the beat was co-produced by kanye...which im not feeling and I would pick a baron boys beat over any lex luger X kanye beat anyday    
You totally missed the point.

But Kanye and Jay should be judged on exactly what you are listening to.  Having pre-conceived notions or expectations of what a song/verse should sound like allows you to not be objective when listening.
If I do that..then I have to totally erase from my mind that I'm listening to Jay and Ye'...I'm not seeing where your going with this...I'm not suppose to expect a certain caliber from a all star artist? 

Beat is ok..but that drum pattern is repetative...and these verses are ok at best..cmon..these are all starts...I NEED TO BE IMPRESSED EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SPIT...anything else is lack luster
Kobe can't go out and score 18 points..thats good for a average player..but no for kobe

Horrible analogy.....smh.  Even the greatest ballplayers score in the teens on some nights.  If Kobe scores 18 while grabbing 10 boards and dishing out 10 assists does that make him any less "impressive" of a player?! NO it doesnt!!  But I guess you wouldn't be impressed just because he ONLY scored 18 points.  Sadly your expectations for him to hit a certain number of points would blind you from being able to see that he actually had an impressive performance with a triple-double.

Similarly your expectations of a certain type of "impressive" verse from a certain artist can blind you from appreciating the work that they have done. Just judge the music for what it is....having expectations before you hear a song is quite ridiculous as you will never enjoy the song for what it is.

With that being said the beat on this song is average, Kanye's verse was sub-par but Jay's verse was sick and steals the show.

actually it is a bad analogy..because you can't re-do a jump shot...you sure as hell can re-do a verse
and I didn't say kobe had 10 boards etc. I said he only put up 18 points..and as far as points go thats lack luster but better than a lot
What I was trying to say is that when you have a artist of this caliber step up and deviler..thats exactly what they're suppose to do and if we didn't have expectations for ppl such as Jay-z and kanye..what would we judge them on? I'm a artist myself..and other than making a beat and writing a song what else can a I appreciate that they have done? Jay verse was cool..Kanye verse was trash...I don't see a concept and the beat was co-produced by kanye...which im not feeling and I would pick a baron boys beat over any lex luger X kanye beat anyday    

But Kanye and Jay should be judged on exactly what you are listening to.  Having pre-conceived notions or expectations of what a song/verse should sound like allows you to not be objective when listening.
If I do that..then I have to totally erase from my mind that I'm listening to Jay and Ye'...I'm not seeing where your going with this...I'm not suppose to expect a certain caliber from a all star artist? 

do you think jayz slaughtered kanye on the track? I think kanye would sound better if he didnt sound cocky, or at least thats what my cousin says. ive also heard that kickin chicks out the room like pam line somewhere to.

do you think jayz slaughtered kanye on the track? I think kanye would sound better if he didnt sound cocky, or at least thats what my cousin says. ive also heard that kickin chicks out the room like pam line somewhere to.

I've already explained it simply.  Its cool I understand that you just don't get it.

I've already explained it simply.  Its cool I understand that you just don't get it.

I guess my comprehension skills are lacking 

I guess my comprehension skills are lacking 

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

To be honest.. Bow Wow could flow the same as Jay did on that song(literally he can imitate that) and say the same words and ya'll would hate it... with that said I like it.
It wouldn't make sense if Bow Wow said it though

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

To be honest.. Bow Wow could flow the same as Jay did on that song(literally he can imitate that) and say the same words and ya'll would hate it... with that said I like it.
It wouldn't make sense if Bow Wow said it though

i feel what dude above said, though.

when you listen to a song, you shouldn't be comparing it to all the other songs from that artist you heard.

when you listen to a song or album, just take it for what it is. if you like it, then that's cool. if not, that's cool too.

but there's a lot of good music out there that jay has made that people hate on simply b/c it's not as good as his best music ever.

like Blueprint 2. That album is insanely good. %@$! All Nite is a damn near classic song. You feel like some crazy rich player living in a million dollar high rise condo in Manhattan when that song comes on. Same with Meet The Parents, Hovi Baby where he MURDERS the entire thing, Show You How To Do This, etc. He was actually ahead of his time on a lot of that album. I didn't even mention Excuse me miss and other tracks. But since it's not his best album ever, and since it wasn't his biggest commercial success, people who don't really form opinions for themselves or do their own research into things tend to just let outside facts take away from how good the great songs on that album are, and try to act like it's one of the worst albums ever made or something.

Back
Top Bottom