Kawhi Leonard New Balance

OMN1 was always New Balance’s signature shoe. Similar to the Hyperdunk as mentioned above.
The new dog gives me more Rose 1 vibes than Lillard.

Man, why are you typing in black font? It's unreadable unless I highlight it.

everyone can think what they want, whether or not the Omn1s was a Kawhi signature shoe but i will tell you who didn't think it was a Kawhi signature shoe.... Kawhi. :wink:

the Omn1s was in development well before NB signed him.

"When NBA star Kawhi Leonard signed with New Balance in November 2018, the Boston-based brand hadn’t made a basketball sneaker since its James Worthy days of the 1980s. But that doesn’t mean it hadn’t been working for years on what would become the Leonard-worn OMN1S."

everyone can think what they want, whether or not the Omn1s was a Kawhi signature shoe but i will tell you who didn't think it was a Kawhi signature shoe.... Kawhi. :wink:

the Omn1s was in development well before NB signed him.

and? most shoes are in development before a shoe is given to a player. see that under armour shoe that was used as a marker for kd

also whoever wrote that article is stupid. no new balance basketball sneakers since the 80’s?
1582078933881.gif

anybody honestly like this view from a design standpoint? disregard Kawhi's name being attached to the sneaker. would you buy it? hard no from me. a lot of time went into the omn1, from its retro collar design to traction. was a well thought out sneaker.

i actually think they would look good in a decent colorway and maybe no soundwaves

the big swinger would be price and performance.

also new balance needs to make them more available

and.... Kawhi told NB he wanted his own signature shoe. the "Kawhi" shoe was actually developed after he was signed. my guess would be he had some say in the development...the Omn1s was always intended to be a NB hoop shoe {no matter who they signed} and continue to be released after the official signature shoe came out of whoever they signed........but like i previously stated everyone can think what they want.

Im ready for the "Kawhi". I currently have the " Gone Fishing" colorway, and I love hooping in them. I went a half size down like many of you suggested, I think I'm going to pull the trigger for a half size down on the signature shoe and hope for the best.

If Kawhi helped design these shoes the sole shape reminds me of his last Jordan shoe he wore the 31, with the mostly flat sole gripping surface, and the all over tread.

also the omn1 absolutely counts as a koala sig shoe. who else wears it besides him?

just like back in the days when we would say those the new barkleys? and it was the air force max. or the tim hardaways were the air raids. the michael changs were the reebok court victory pumps and so on.
Saw Willie Cauley-Stein wear them at a Warriors game, and he isn't a NB athlete

dang changed my mind. with that toecap and that colorway. fire. a toecap can make or break a shoe

Yeah let me get that Clips pair...Hopefully that’s a colorway that drops...

Other pair is way to busy for me...This pair is toned down which I like...Also that touch of leather around the ankle gives it a 90’s vibe...I dig em...

Last edited:
Surprised y’all like this colorway better

Thought it makes the shoe look very bad.

I still got sound waves in first, let’s see what else They cook up

anybody honestly like this view from a design standpoint? disregard Kawhi's name being attached to the sneaker. would you buy it? hard no from me. a lot of time went into the omn1, from its retro collar design to traction. was a well thought out sneaker.

I like the new kawhi.
Looks like it has its woven and fuse in the right areas for flex and support. Looks like the traction is right. Midsole toe area looks more durable. Its more of a mid. Has more traditional/ durable lacing. Has a greater emphasis on heel lockdown with that big external counter.
From a hooping perspective id argue that far more thought was put into these, than the omnis and new balance is serious about athlete feedback and improving their product

Back
Top Bottom