Kawhi Leonard New Balance

Do the Lenard 1s play clunky?
I have played in two colorways, so far. The triple black and the blue raspberry. TB were horribly stiff and uncomfortable during my first run but after two more sessions the upper got really flexible and the FuelCell felt nice and responsive. I went from frustrated to delighted with that pair. LOL The BR felt great right out of the box. I've heard that materials play a factor in how they feel at first and how long break-in time will take.

If you want more specifics about how they play, yes my first pair felt really clunky and stiff. After they broke in, I was able to move more and the transition felt nice. The shoes bit hard so I was able to cut with ease and run fast and hard.

E26xuX3UUAEymHl.jpg
E26xuX4VgAAdbTX.jpg
E264piBUcAEBlKT.jpg
E264piAUUAQM-lw.jpg

Last edited:
I like this pair as a follow up to the original Money Omn1s. Would also like to see things like the four bounces colorway on the Two-Wxy and retro looking Omn1s similar to what DB wore long ago

Finally got a chance to ball in my Kawhi 1s and will echo the sentiment around them being clunky/stiff at first.

I'm two sessions in and they are definitely starting to break in and feel much nicer to play in. I think they might end up being very good tbh just take a while to feel comfortable.

Finally got a chance to ball in my Kawhi 1s and will echo the sentiment around them being clunky/stiff at first.

I'm two sessions in and they are definitely starting to break in and feel much nicer to play in. I think they might end up being very good tbh just take a while to feel comfortable.
Glad to hear that they are breaking in. I think after two to three more sessions you'll really notice them "melt" to your feet. My black pair feels like butter now.

20210625_164015.jpg

I use my omn1s lows for outdoor hoops this last year. However, the soles finally faded.

Bought this yesterday from a local NB store and had a 3 hour full court run right away (too scared to work out or ball indoors).

Fit:

As a wide footer, fit was similr to the omn1s - narrow and too long.

Got the 2E (wide) fit and sized 0.5 down. With that, it felt perfect. My foot was contained perfectly, no pinch points whatsoever. I know my omn1s lows per pinching around the inner ankle on my left foot after 1 year of use.

Traction: Felt grippy. Up to par with the omn1s outdoor - and the omni1s is the most grippiest traction I have ever experienced.

Traction Durability: looked super durable like the omn1s. No fraying on the cement court after 3 hours yet - fingercrossed.

Break in time: Small break in time, felt great within 1 hour.

Cushion: I feel the fuel cell here better than the omn1s lows. Feels more impact protection, but still with good court feel. Similar to Kobe X Elites.

Weight: felt light. Even as a mid cut, its lighter than the omn1s low.

Breathability: Didn't feel much breathability. However, it does not bother me if my feet get too warm.

Overall, the shoe seems excellent so far. Better than the omn1s low imo. Probably one of the best ball shoes I have ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom