KD 11

Yea I really like the feel of my 17s. Idk why so many people dislike it.
The problem that I had with React in the HD2017 was that on initial on-foot it felt awesome; really plush yet bouncy. I wore them around the house for a couple hours to try and break in the Flyknit. I then wore them for about 2-3 hours during my first hoops session and they felt even better. Plush when I was walking around and very bouncy when I was playing. The next day... THUD. They went flat, bottomed out, whatever you want to call it. I couldn't believe it and it was very, very painful. I tried them again and it was the same so I took them back to Nike. I do know plenty of people that play in them and enjoy them but I didn't want to risk injury and I need some cushion in my shoes. Especially, in the heel.

Break the 11 in via practice?

Yeah we know he’ll wear his shoes until the seams fall off but cmon bro, you're getting paid 300 million by Nike.

Consensus on fave KD model here? Curious

3, 6, 9, and 10.

The worst to me was/is the 5.

Last edited:
Watched the review on auto-translate, so I'm sure some translations are off but it isn't exactly a glowing review, the two main negatives were the soles are too thick and poor lateral support.

Still intrigued by the cushioning combo, so will try them out and send them back to Nike if I'm not keen.

Watched the review on auto-translate, so I'm sure some translations are off but it isn't exactly a glowing review, the two main negatives were the soles are too thick and poor lateral support.

Still intrigued by the cushioning combo, so will try them out and send them back to Nike if I'm not keen.
Yeah I was looking at the lateral issue, no outrigger and that tall stack height looks iffy...

So looks like these will ride and play high with poor lateral support like the 9/10. Bummer. Might still cop for plyo workouts though, and because they don't look that bad on feet.

That review just lowered my expectations. They described the shoe with a "cupsole" leading me to think the foot sat lower than the foam line.

What’s comedy to me is these athletes wear test the sneakers, yet when it’s go/show time they either don’t wear them or simply abandon them.

That reviewer bought them at least a half size to full size too big he said as well. We are still talking about a shoe that is not out and is not his shoe for this season but next season. KD likes his shoes loose and free feeling he has said in interviews so it having no support like the 9s does not shock me one bit. these are excerpts from an article about why his shoes keep falling off 538 did
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-kevin-durants-shoes-keep-falling-off/

“Kevin really hates wearing a pair that’s brand new. He likes them boys worn, and then he’ll stick with them consistently, for a long time,” Housen says, adding that he even prefers to use the same pair for both practice and games. “He doesn’t care if they match the uniform that night. He’s just, ‘Those are my shoes — the shoes I practice in, the shoes I play in.’ So I just bring them back and forth for him, and he lets me know when he’s ready to start over with a new pair.” (One indication of all this: Durant’s brand-new sneaker, the KD 11, is available for him to wear now. And Nike’s initial plan was for him to market the shoe to the basketball world by playing in them during the high-profile Western Conference Finals against Houston. But true to form, Durant has yet to wear the shoe, which is slated to be released to the public in June.)

Durant’s explanation for this is simple. “If I feel something is right, I just like to stay in it,” he said. Asked how long he’ll stay in the same pair, Durant thought for a second. “Usually about three weeks — maybe every eight games?”

“Anything too tight on my body as I play, I feel like it restricts me a little bit. I don’t wear the arm sleeves, the undershirts, the finger tape, the wristbands, or none of that stuff,” he said. “I’m already skinny as it is, and I don’t need anything else weighing me down. I want to be aerodynamic out there, and I guess that’s how I think of my shoes as well.”

And so to achieve that featherweight feeling, Durant wears a size-18 while on the court — one full size bigger than what he wears when in casual settings.

“These are like slippers, man, and I just try to be as efficient as I can when I create what I want out there. I don’t want something that’s too bulky. So, sometimes they may come off, but the good thing is, I can slip them back on and keep playing.”

Last edited:
What’s comedy to me is these athletes wear test the sneakers, yet when it’s go/show time they either don’t wear them or simply abandon them.

CP3 was wearing the 10's instead of the 11's during the playoffs. After being in the 11's in earlier rounds.

Still looking forward to more reviews of these. Hope the lateral stability and containment are better than the 10s.....

Back
Top Bottom