Keeping all Jordans DS

I've been in the shoe game for years and I have some DS but only with the intentions of eventually wearing them. I don't plan to keep a shoe DS forever. The oldest DS shoe I have are the 2000 XI Concords and I actually plan to wear them this year or sell them after ten years of having them DS.

They're going to fall apart at one point. Shoes are meant for wearing. Especially good looking ones like Air Jordans. WEAR THEM.

if you bury your shoes in the yard, you can grow a jordan tree

but seriously, each pair is different in terms of keeping for a while. you don't want the rubber and foam to crystalise or petrify. they need to be stretched or this will happen.

also, i used to collect things i was in love with, now that i'm older i just want to de-clutter, because unless the things are being used, they are just clutter. let someone else who will put them to use have them. i used to feel bad for the things i collected and didn't use. they were made for a purpose, let them live!

I like to wear all my jordans anywhere i go

But looking at a DS pair of jordans makes u smile tho lol

Kicks are meant to be worn i think
laugh.gif
. But to answer ur question i'll say maybe DS'em for a couple of years wearing them once a while in house; unless they are premier models like the motorsports ( better quality leather) which i beleive could be DS a bit longer than the cheap quality j's. However am not an expert
roll.gif
roll.gif

Come on keep them ds in a ziplock bag and every 6to8 month let them out from the bag for like 2dAys don't worry I have 120 pair of air Jordan 70 Of them og still fresh even my Jordan I 1985 red/wht so welcome in the club
wink.gif

Dont' do it bro. Rock your kicks. Next thing you'll know is that 5-10 years have past and your new kicks are just sittin there and youre gonna feel to old to be rockin j's. I say rock them and just sell the ones you don't rock. the collection part is overrated! Trust.. I got like 12 pairs of kicks ds and im just started to rock them now! Im eventually selling of the pairs i dont sport!-ponyboy

Originally Posted by kard007

Come on keep them ds in a ziplock bag and every 6to8 month let them out from the bag for like 2dAys don't worry I have 120 pair of air Jordan 70 Of them og still fresh even my Jordan I 1985 red/wht so welcome in the club
wink.gif
Ziplock bag?!?!?  SMH 
smh.gif
  Keeping your shoes in Ziploc bags or Saran wrap are probably THE worst things you can do in storing your DS shoes.  Anytime I buy older kicks, I always ask how they were stored.  The minute I find out they were ziplocked or saran wrapped, I never complete the sale.  Those are just eventual time bombs for oxidizing, yellowing, cracking or crumbling.

Check out the stickied thread at the top of this forum on shoe maintenance about Ziplocs & Saran wrap, plus check out this thread: WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

if you dont plan on wearing them ever, then keep em DS. but what is the point? if you plan on wearing em, wear em occasionally. just my opinion. otherwise you're asking for it by keeping em DS for a long time then decide to wear em.

I just took out all the ones I have that were manufactured from about a year+ ago... and wore them each for a few minutes around the house. I don't see how you can go wrong keeping them DS that way, and maybe few years down the road bust them out.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

I personally think buying shoes to stare at is ******ed, collecting wise or not. They should at least be worn around the house. If not, they will fall apart. As long as you keep them in the box and at room temperature (doesn't have to be "dark" like everyone says) they will be fine. IMO at least wear them around the house though, but it's your money and your shoes.

^ yeah, what he said.

I rather wear my kicks, unless i was loaded with cash and was able to buy 2 or 3 pairs of the same kicks. Until that day I rock all my kicks.

dude rock your shoes, whats the point of not rockin em. yeah i like to buy an extra pair of my grails but thats why i buy an extra pair. so i can rock one n keep the other on ice. unfourtintly i couldnt get 2 pairs of space jams so i kept mine DS for a while but then i just decided to rock them. as long as u rock them and take care of them, they'll always look good. just don't walk in mud or wear ur favs in the rain. n if they do yellow there's always seaglow
tongue.gif
the shoe i would keep DS forever though is the COOL GREY XI's those are my GRAILS i can't wait for them to retro im buyin ATLEAST 3 pairs of those pupsss
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom