KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Okay, this might not be popular opinion, but I cannot fully get into OD or Section 80 at all. My dude has content, but he's either hit or miss on some of these tracks. GKMC is a classic though.

Okay, this might not be popular opinion, but I cannot fully get into OD or Section 80 at all. My dude has content, but he's either hit or miss on some of these tracks. GKMC is a classic though.

first listen I couldn't STAND OD :lol: I remember when it dropped I talked **** on twitter about it and dude actually @'d me (Kendrick)

Section 80 I was HOOKED. I think I wanted to like him so I gave him another chance with that album. I already knew MAAD city was gon' be official just cuz he was only gonna move up. Section 80 was rap album of THAT year to me. Now I can listen to OD and I *** wit' it. "Cut You Off" is one of his best songs to date.

Last edited:
To everyone hating did you even listen to it? Cause it's being hailed in VA as one of the best responses. I'm getting emails of people trying to book me for shows just off this one track. It also got tweeted by a local blog. You guys don't know but i'm bout to blow up. I'm about to win 1st place in another contest and do a track with a big named artist. The last contest I entered I beat Joey Bad***** in. Suggest yall start taking notice :smile:
it's being hailed in a state as the best...and you're getting booked for NUMEROUS shows...

with 347 views?

okay bro

Seeing Kendrick Saturday, I'm way too excited :lol:

Really hoping that he performs Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst even though it's a slower one.

How many times have you listened to it? It took me a while to get into Section.80, I liked it but not the way I like it now and I skipped a lot of songs (I play it all the way through now).

OD might be my favorite of the 3

the oldest but I find myself playing it the most

Every project is :pimp: though

How many times have you listened to it? It took me a while to get into Section.80, I liked it but not the way I like it now and I skipped a lot of songs (I play it all the way through now).

I LOVED Section 80 when it came out. But I haven't listened to it in SOOOOOO long. I still think it's a great piece of work though.

OD is his only project that I skip some songs (Alien Girl and Michael Jordan). I just let Section80 and GKMC play. OD is still great though. Some of his best songs are on it. The Heart pt1, Average Joe, Barbed Wire, Ignorance Is Bliss.

"Sing for me" is my fav song on the album.. Its just too real.. Almost shed a tear thinking about some friends coming up.

Last edited:
I need to go back to listen to OD, didnt pay it any mind when I listened to it.

That Section 80 doe...As soon as **** Your Ethnicity drops..

"Sing for me" is my fav song on the album.. Its just too real.. Almost shed a tear thinking about some friends coming up.
This
mean.gif

Last edited:

Easily the best song on the album IMO.

As far as the discussion regarding OD....its a good project but I definitely skip a few songs and its nowhere near the level of GKMC or Section 80. In fact I think Kendrick Lamar EP>>>>OD

OD the only tracks I don't F with are alien girl a d michael Jordan. Everything else is classic
I used to think MIke Jordan was his worst track ever. But, now, its my go too hype song. I don't recommend it to ppl tryna check him out, but the bassss on that thooo :x :x :x :x :x
(Q merked him on his own track by the way)

I used to think MIke Jordan was his worst track ever. But, now, its my go too hype song. I don't recommend it to ppl tryna check him out, but the bassss on that thooo :x :x :x :x :x
(Q merked him on his own track by the way)
My thoughts exactly

first listen I couldn't STAND OD
laugh.gif
I remember when it dropped I talked **** on twitter about it and dude actually @'d me (Kendrick)

Section 80 I was HOOKED. I think I wanted to like him so I gave him another chance with that album. I already knew MAAD city was gon' be official just cuz he was only gonna move up. Section 80 was rap album of THAT year to me. Now I can listen to OD and I *** wit' it. "Cut You Off" is one of his best songs to date.
what did he say on twitter?

Okay so, shortly after GKMC dropped someone posted a link to a zip with all the extra tracks that didn't make the album. Anyone got that?

Back
Top Bottom