Kendrick Lamar kicks fan off stage for saying the N word

Still a silly cause to me. I honestly don't like hearing either variation of the word from any race. It's an imaginary rule based solely on the color of someone's skin.

the artists arent saying that word for white people benefit to say it

theyre saying it for/to the audience of their own people

now kendrick is telling these white ppl that its not for them

but theyll still argue for their right to say it

So if it was for an audience of your own people, why not bring your own people on stage?

It’s a reactionary narrative that’s tired. “We’re” still talking about slavery and the trauma associated with it while “they’re” building cities based on Nano-techonology etc. Never am I going to give them a pass, but at some point you gotta ask how the narrative empowers you? If you feel condemning someone for using a word is empowering, more power to you ...

So if it was for an audience of your own people, why not bring your own people on stage?

It’s a reactionary narrative that’s tired. “We’re” still talking about slavery and the trauma associated with it while “they’re” building cities based on Nano-techonology etc. Never am I going to give them a pass, but at some point you gotta ask how the narrative empowers you? If you feel condemning someone for using a word is empowering, more power to you ...

Very well stated, brother. A girl on my fb stated it perfectly, 'insecurities disguised as confidence'

2 things I've noticed on nt:
1. People love to get petty regarding racial topics.
2. If you don't jump on the 'I hate whites' bandwagon at the mere utterance of racism, even without examining the facts, you're considered wrong in their eyes for not engaging in the pettiness.

Last edited:
thats precisely why its such a good thing that he did that

you cant check each and every individual

but making an example out of one and setting the precedent that its not "allowed" is whats needed

obviously you cant stop everyone or anyone from saying but still the idea needs to be out front and center that its not appreciated or "acceptable"

This isnt stopping anyone from saying the word....

2. If you don't jump on the 'I hate ******' bandwagon at the mere utterance of racism, even without examining the facts, you're considered wrong in their eyes for not engaging in the pettiness.

Welcome to NikeTalk...

This isnt stopping anyone from saying the word....

and i said that

its not stopping anyone cuz you cant

but that doesnt mean you dont put the notion out there that its not acceptable

just because you cant stop it means dont say anything about it right?

especially when you as the artist are essentially having your artistic vision co-opted by ppl who want to degrade your art?

nah kendrick was right

Last edited:
Very well stated, brother. A girl on my fb stated it perfectly, 'insecurities disguised as confidence'

2. If you don't jump on the 'I hate whites' bandwagon at the mere utterance of racism, even without examining the facts, you're considered wrong in their eyes for not engaging in the pettiness.
One thing I have noticed on NT:

Whenever it comes to racism, you are gonna get worked about black people having an issue with anything racist. :lol:

You are on a God damn discussion forum, constantly complaining about what is being discussed, and how it is being discussed.

Last edited:
images

“We’re” still talking about slavery and the trauma associated with it while “they’re” building cities based on Nano-techonology etc.

You know "they" say to get over slavery and some of "them" are trying to remove slavery from history books and rewrite it as some folks that were just working.

Slavery is American history. The effects of slavery on our people and psyches as well as the lingering effects are still being studied to this day.

Saying we're still talking about it like it's a mixtape track from last year is wild to me.

especially when you as the artist are essentially having your artistic vision co-opted by ppl who want to degrade your art?

You think that person who bought tickets to his concert was trying to degrade his art?

My *****, we're still dealing with the trauma associated with it. We aren't just chatting about it because we enjoy the discourse. We live it every day.

Perhaps you don't experience it, or notice it, but don't dismiss those of us who do, and who still consciously navigate through this minefield every day. It's offensive.

What's funny is, when I was bout 16, I thought the same way. That focusing on it will only slow you down from accomplishing your ultimate goal. But nah, **** that put your head down and power through ****. I'm still gonna power through, but I'm also going to acknowledge the little things every time I see it and every time I feel like it needs to be said.

You know "they" say to get over slavery and some of "them" are trying to remove slavery from history books and rewrite it as some folks that were just working.

Slavery is American history. The effects of slavery on our people and psyches as well as the lingering effects are still being studied to this day.

Saying we're still talking about it like it's a mixtape track from last year is wild to me.
Also i'm annoyed by this constant, idiotic idea that folks can't multitask and entertain multiple thoughts. Like remembering history is somehow deterring you from engaging progress.

Nobody needs permission to say a word, tho.

Also, I know for damn sure people will pick and choose who they check in a situation like this, so it makes the whole thing foo foo to me.

Weak people will... I could understand if say youre a white kid and all your siblings are black so people give you a pass. But I’ve personally had to check quite a few people that would say some of the most bigotted, rascist things youve ever heard and qualify it with “well I’ve had lots black friends” ....

its not about empowerment of black people dictating who can say it

its about disarming white people of a word/weapon that has been used against us historically and today

Get into the real history of the word. We existed before slavery. Historically speaking the negative connotation has only been relevant for half a century. The word existed for thousands of year before with a much more sublime connotation.

It’s post traumatic slavery disorder. One of my OG’s told me that the further I’d go in my journey, the less Europeans would become an issue. It was hard to conceive initially, but they’re not even a blimp on my radar now. Attention is the original form of currency. I’m not giving my attention to trivial matters just so they can insidiously stay at the forefront of my mind. I’m passed the stage of letting people live in my mind rent free with no benefit to my life.

You think that person who bought tickets to his concert was trying to degrade his art?

i think the people that bought tickets are degrading his art if theyre using a word they were not intended to in his creation of the art

regardless of financial support, the sociological aspect is prevalent in furthering racial animus

Get into the real history of the word. We existed before slavery. Historically speaking the negative connotation has only been relevant for half a century. The word existed for thousands of year before with a much more sublime connotation.

ok and thats great that it has a long history

but in this country its derogatory out the mouth of a white person

identifying that and working to stop the propagation isnt something to be derided in some misguided notion of being "better than"

Now y'all wanna talk about intention.

Kendrick isn't standing on stage with a white woman yelling *****, if for the optics alone. Y'all really bugging trying to play Devil's Advocate.

I’m aware of all the above, but I’ve also stepped back and asked myself objectively how does the narrative of slavery empower me... and it doesn’t. It consistently keeps me in a victim mindset and on the edge of my toes waiting to react to something offensive. My ancestry is far more decorated then slavery. In no way am I downplaying slavery nor giving them a pass, I’ve just chose a path where “they” don’t exist in my reality not dictate how I feel about certain things.

Everything in life has a + / - . Yea Kendrick scolded her for using that word, but what if he said “This word is to describe black people of a royal lineage, and if by using it you recognize me as that and the descendant of the mother’s and father’s of civilization, press forward.”

It probably get a lot less coverage, but it removes the victim mindset. You want them to stop using the word, hit them where it hurts. I guarantee a lot less of them would be willing to use it once they realized it’s true meaning.

With all that said, no matter what we do, they’re gonna imitate us. They hate us cause they want to be us.

History is nice and all to tell children at bedtime, but this is 2018, not 1218. Words become weaponized over time. Just as gunpowder became weaponized from being primitive fireworks to hollowpoint bullets.

ok and thats great that it has a long history

but in this country its derogatory out the mouth of a white person

identifying that and working to stop the propagation isnt something to be derided in some misguided notion of being "better than"

Purely object question here, what’s your end goal? After everyone has been informed of the European and his atrocities then what?

Why would this be something anyone would be against.

“Not that serious”
“Other problems”
“Worse things out there”
“Focous on different things”

Ok so??? Why are you against this?

Back
Top Bottom