Kendrick Lamar kicks fan off stage for saying the N word

History is nice and all to tell children at bedtime, but this is 2018, not 1218. Words become weaponized over time. Just as gunpowder became weaponized from being primitive fireworks to hollowpoint bullets.

That girl on stage didn’t look like she caused any physical harm by rapping the lyrics...

Purely object question here, what’s your end goal? After everyone has been informed of the European and his atrocities then what?

once enlightentment occurs we can begin the work of truly rectifying and progressing towards an egalitarian society

One of my OG’s told me that the further I’d go in my journey, the less Europeans would become an issue. It was hard to conceive initially, but they’re not even a blimp on my radar now. Attention is the original form of currency. I’m not giving my attention to trivial matters just so they can insidiously stay at the forefront of my mind. I’m passed the stage of letting people live in my mind rent free with no benefit to my life.

They may not be a blip on YOUR radar, but you are a blip and a target on THIER radar. 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year white supremacist are out waiting to catch you slippin in one way or another. So you may want to raise your antenna back up and put on some night-vision goggles.

Is it really that hard to say "I don't agree with the logic behind not being able to say it in context of a song, but since the majority of the culture isn't fine with me doing so, I should respect their views on it?" Why are some white people obsessed with having the right to say it?

Not saying that I personally feel that the logic is flawed....just saying that there are things in life I disagree with but still follow out of respect for other people and cultures, so I don't see why others can't do the same with N____.

Is it really that hard to say "I don't agree with the logic behind not being able to say it in context of a song, but since the majority of the culture isn't fine with me doing so, I should respect their views on it?" Why are some white people obsessed with having the right to say it?

Not saying that I personally feel that the logic is flawed....just saying that there are things in life I disagree with but still follow out of respect for other people and cultures, so I don't see why others can't do the same with N____.
I have a few theories.

i was going off of what you said

"informing people of the European and his atrocities" would be the "enlightenment" in this case

I never said nothing about enlightenment tho...

Just strikes me odd that your concept of enlightenment is thus far irrefutably attached to the concept of victomhood.

They may not be a blip on YOUR radar, but you are a blip and a target on THIER radar. 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year white supremacist are out waiting to catch you slippin in one way or another. So you may want to raise your antenna back up and put on some night-vision goggles.

Something I’m aware of as well. I’ll reference Sun Tzu and keep it simple, know your enemy. He’s not a blimp on my radar because I’ve ommmited all ways “he” can affect my reality. It’s the modern day allegory of the cave. I walked out and I’m not looking back.

This used to weigh on my mind about 8 years ago when Wayne dropped “Steady Mobbin”. I could envision white kids all over America reciting those lyrics and it’s scary that they put stuff out there like that when they know their audience.

I’m aware of all the above, but I’ve also stepped back and asked myself objectively how does the narrative of slavery empower me... and it doesn’t. It consistently keeps me in a victim mindset and on the edge of my toes waiting to react to something offensive. My ancestry is far more decorated then slavery. In no way am I downplaying slavery nor giving them a pass, I’ve just chose a path where “they” don’t exist in my reality not dictate how I feel about certain things.

Everything in life has a + / - . Yea Kendrick scolded her for using that word, but what if he said “This word is to describe black people of a royal lineage, and if by using it you recognize me as that and the descendant of the mother’s and father’s of civilization, press forward.”

It probably get a lot less coverage, but it removes the victim mindset. You want them to stop using the word, hit them where it hurts. I guarantee a lot less of them would be willing to use it once they realized it’s true meaning.

With all that said, no matter what we do, they’re gonna imitate us. They hate us cause they want to be us.

The narrative should be education. You feeling victimized is measurable evidence of the effects of slavery itself. The goal should always be to rise above the feeling of victimization, and when you're there you educate others and help them get out of that mentality.

You should always be on your toes but don't feel like a victim. Saying they're not a blip on your radar is like swimming in the ocean and saying you're not worried about the sharks.

If you're trying to dictate what someone can and can't say out of their own mouth, you might as well try to dictate what they can or can't listen to. Surprised there aren't people out here mad that white people enjoy rap music.

I'm just picturing some white people in their car bumping 'slave master' by future and someone trying to jump in their car to turn it off.

Or as shawndavinci shawndavinci mentioned, you hear steady mobbing blasting and you look to see it's white policemen singing along "take the knife off the AK and cut these n*****", somebody gonna record that and get the cops fired?

Something I’m aware of as well. I’ll reference Sun Tzu and keep it simple, know your enemy. He’s not a blimp on my radar because I’ve ommmited all ways “he” can affect my reality. It’s the modern day allegory of the cave. I walked out and I’m not looking back.

You pay taxes. You go to a job that a woman can claim you harrased her (whether you did or didn't) unless you're self employed in which you still pay taxes. you pay rent unless you're a homeowner in which you still pay taxes and mortgage. You drive on public roads patrolled by police who may decide to stop you one day and blow your face off. They can gerrymander your voting district now you're a politcal minority. So directly you may have some control but indirectly, welcome to the family.

She shouldn't have said it, no excuses she knows what it is with that word...Also Kendrick knew what he was doing as well with shorty and that song :lol:

If you're trying to dictate what someone can and can't say out of their own mouth, you might as well try to dictate what they can or can't listen to. Surprised there aren't people out here mad that white people enjoy rap music.

I'm just picturing some white people in their car bumping 'slave master' by future and someone trying to jump in their car to turn it off.

Or as shawndavinci shawndavinci mentioned, you hear steady mobbing blasting and you look to see it's white policemen singing along "take the knife off the AK and cut these n*****", somebody gonna record that and get the cops fired?

You must let people talk to you and yours any kinda way huh :nerd:

You must let people talk to you and yours any kinda way huh :nerd:
Naw he the type to be focused on the "real issues" like brothas pulling their pants up and keeping music (the edited version preferably) at a decent level so we dont disturb others :lol:

Naw he the type to be focused on the "real issues" like brothas pulling their pants up and keeping music (the edited version preferably) at a decent level so we dont disturb others :lol:
Type to ask “why didn’t they just not resist arrest?” Or “well if the BBQ wasn’t so loud things would of been ok”

**** make me sick

Type to ask “why didn’t they just not resist arrest?” Or “well if the BBQ wasn’t so loud things would of been ok”

**** make me sick

Sounds right. Dismiss and downplay other people's experience then have the nerve to post **** like this for sympathy.

In my situation, me and my friends were chilling in the bar (hundreds of people in there) and the owner came up to us with two cops, and the owner shows us a timer on his phone and says 'I've been watching you for 6 minutes and no one bought a drink, we don't allow loitering so you gotta go' you can tell the cops didn't agree but they just said what the owner says goes. I explained the situation on Google maps and I saw that other reviews on there and yelp were similar. I'm glad it's permanently closed.

Back
Top Bottom