Kendrick Perkins is the most overrated player in the NBA

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Chandler bout to do work on him this series
How?
When I say do work I'm not necessarily talking about scoring...I mean whatever you're role is on a team, you're just going to do that much more effectively then normal. 

They got robbed for over paying him with that extension, not the trade. 

4 years/34 million
4.7 ppg 6.5 rpg

He can't score and can't defend guys his own size. Marc Gasol just ate him up (pause) and Chandler bout to do work on him this series...I know centers are a rare commodity, but this dude is straight buns. Out there conning people into thinking he's such a tough guy because he makes ugly faces and was able to push around Pau Gasol in the Finals. The Thunder are cool with me, but damn they got robbed. 

- sadly, thats the Center of today. as bad as he is, he's about as good as it gets today. Perkins is what?.....top 5 in the L?  
roll.gif
 that in itself speaks volumes.

...i do disagree on the Chandler bit though.

4 years/34 million
4.7 ppg 6.5 rpg

He can't score and can't defend guys his own size. Marc Gasol just ate him up (pause) and Chandler bout to do work on him this series...I know centers are a rare commodity, but this dude is straight buns. Out there conning people into thinking he's such a tough guy because he makes ugly faces and was able to push around Pau Gasol in the Finals. The Thunder are cool with me, but damn they got robbed. 

- sadly, thats the Center of today. as bad as he is, he's about as good as it gets today. Perkins is what?.....top 5 in the L?  
roll.gif

...i do disagree on the Chandler bit though.

He's looks a lot scarier when he's sharing a front line with Kevin Garnett. I'll give him the benefit of doubt since he's still recovering from knee surgery, mid-season trade etc.

He's looks a lot scarier when he's sharing a front line with Kevin Garnett. I'll give him the benefit of doubt since he's still recovering from knee surgery, mid-season trade etc.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

4 years/34 million
4.7 ppg 6.5 rpg

roll.gif

The fact that both he and Bargnani got All-NBA votes shows just how weak the center position is today.
30t6p3b.gif
Sad.

4 years/34 million
4.7 ppg 6.5 rpg

roll.gif

The fact that both he and Bargnani got All-NBA votes shows just how weak the center position is today.
30t6p3b.gif
Sad.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

He's not top 5 tho. Not even top 10.

Yup.

...okay then. name 5 Centers better than Perk right now.

*EDIT*

...oh and TRUE CENTERS. not this Dirk   Center/PF/SF nonsense either.

*EDIT 2*

...and i JUST noticed the "not even top 10"  
roll.gif

- STOP.

Yup.

*EDIT*

*EDIT 2*

roll.gif

- STOP.

No one ever praised him for his scoring and rebounding, hes always put up below average numbers. Its his defensive presence and ability to change peoples shots in the paint that makes him a player to want on your squad. He brings defensive intensity. Overpaid? maybe, but when you have guys like haywood and chandler who are making almost double what he makes, his pay then looks reasonable.

No one ever praised him for his scoring and rebounding, hes always put up below average numbers. Its his defensive presence and ability to change peoples shots in the paint that makes him a player to want on your squad. He brings defensive intensity. Overpaid? maybe, but when you have guys like haywood and chandler who are making almost double what he makes, his pay then looks reasonable.

Dwight, Nene, Bynum, M. Gasol, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Bargnani, Bogut, Kaman, Hibbert, Dalembart > Perkins
I damn near want to add Greg Monroe, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Camby, Okafor and Yao Ming to that list as well but I think that would just make me a hater 
laugh.gif

Dwight, Nene, Bynum, M. Gasol, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Bargnani, Bogut, Kaman, Hibbert, Dalembart > Perkins
I damn near want to add Greg Monroe, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, Camby, Okafor and Yao Ming to that list as well but I think that would just make me a hater 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

celtics lost their heart and soul when they traded him away.
Actually the Celtics troubles during the middle-late point of the regular season were due to Rondo's inconsistencies rather than the absencce of Perkins.
THANK YOU.

Perkins was definitely missed but that wasn't the main reason for their struggles.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

celtics lost their heart and soul when they traded him away.
Actually the Celtics troubles during the middle-late point of the regular season were due to Rondo's inconsistencies rather than the absencce of Perkins.
THANK YOU.

Perkins was definitely missed but that wasn't the main reason for their struggles.

Howard
Bynum
M.Gasol
Nene
Noah
Chandler
Horford
Bogut
Hibbert
Gortat

Would all be ranked above Perkins, and there's probably some more I'm leaving out.

Howard
Bynum
M.Gasol
Nene
Noah
Chandler
Horford
Bogut
Hibbert
Gortat

Would all be ranked above Perkins, and there's probably some more I'm leaving out.

Thanks for saving me time. I'd rather have McGee than Perkins too, honestly. But that's still a tough call because of how big of a nutcase Javale is.

Thanks for saving me time. I'd rather have McGee than Perkins too, honestly. But that's still a tough call because of how big of a nutcase Javale is.

Yup.

*EDIT*

*EDIT 2*

roll.gif

- STOP.

In no order.
Dwight Howard

Drew Bogut

Drew Bynum

Marc Gasol

Chris Kaman

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

Brook Lopez

Nene

Al Jefferson

Roy Hibbert

That's 11 off the top of my head. 

EDIT - I see everyone beat me to the punch.

Chalk this up as a L for even considering Perk a top 5 C. Much like your prediction of a Heat sweep of the Bulls 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom