Kendrick Perkins- Let me get this straight... Vol: Ejection.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

let's not forget, that on the 1st perkins tech, gortat was also called for a technical foul as well
Uh didn't he basically uppercut the ball out of Perkins hands. What type of organized basketball wouldn't call that a tech?

^ It was an accident. He was reaching out to tie his shoes, hand slipped, uppercutted the ball. Didn't even know Perkins was right in front of him w/ the ball under his arm.

The elbow was on purpose, and that was more deserving of a T then the second one.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

That T was definitely suspect, but at the same time I hate that "walking away showing so much emotion" crap that I see players doing all the time now.

Maybe if some of them tried playing with the same amount of emotion and passion that they display when reacting to the officials they might just end up being better basketball players...take Kendrick Perkins for example.

laugh.gif
  Perk may not be the most skilled player, but you're either a fool, blind, or both, if you think Perk doesn't play with emotion and passion.  Charles Oakley was on a Raps broadcast earlier this season, and when Matt Devlin asked him which player today reminded him the most of himself, Oak said Perk.  Oak liked him because he was competing every night, doing all the dirty work down low, battling despite being smaller than the guys he was guarding. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ It was an accident. He was reaching out to tie his shoes, hand slipped, uppercutted the ball. Didn't even know Perkins was right in front of him w/ the ball under his arm.

That's just rediculous. I heard that ball would have detonated if it stayed in Perkins hands for another second. Gortat was just being a nice guy. Marcin Gortat for 2010 Sportsman of the Year? +#+! Grant Hill.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just clueless.

I just don't see how that is an intentional elbow.

If you're going to give a guy a little pop, why not wait till you're on defense off-the-ball and shove em off you a little bit.

And if he really wanted to make an impact, don't you think he would have been a little more deliberate?

When I first saw the play, I was like, "Oh crap! Why'd Perk do that?!"

I saw the angle of him helping PP up, and I thought "Not a chance."

Do I blame Gortat for reacting? Not at all, but that's why technicals are reviewed.

If Perk were doing that on purpose, I think he would have had a little more force behind it, not just a little nudge to make sure that Gortat was behind him.

When I help a dude up, I yank their arms as they prepare to get back up, so they pop back up.

Was it clumsy that they lost their handle? Sure, but it happens. I just don't think Perk is that methodical when it comes to being aggressive.

And Ska, here's the Grant Hill tech.

Skip to 9:37. Jason Phillips , Scott Foster , Greg Willard were the refs, Jason Phillips called the tech

I saw that live and I was like "Are they really going to give Grant a technical?"

Just that little "pfft," hand gesture and he's assigned a technical.

That's my problem with technical fouls. Call them the same, regardless of the situation. If you're going to give Grant a technical for that, every player that ever does that should get a technical. I didn't know NBA players have to have positive emotions when a foul is called on them.

Also, another reason why Doug Collins is such a horrendous commentator. He doesn't disagree with the call nor technical, just goes "Oh yup, that's how he got the technical!" Wow, thanks chief, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out without ya!
tired.gif
He's so terrible, then he goes on to slurp Grant talking about how he's such a defensive stopper, and what a great situation he's in playing in the Playoffs.

And just to clear things up, no I'm not blaming the game 5 loss to ORL on officiating, I'm just saying it was terrible and I didn't want it to cost Kendrick the opportunity to play in Game 6.

Even though I think the calls were bs...

Perkins is like black Rupert from Survivor. The first time I heard his voice, I literally put my palm on my forehead. I bet them refs just annoyed of his voice. They probably crack jokes before the game and say...you won't T him up. Dude has to have the most mismatched voice to appearance. I blame it on all his troubles.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Perkins is like black Rupert from Survivor. The first time I heard his voice, I literally put my palm on my forehead. I bet them refs just annoyed of his voice. They probably crack jokes before the game and say...you won't T him up. Dude has to have the most mismatched voice to appearance. I blame it on all his troubles.
What? Maybe he had strep when you heard him talk.
http://www.youtube.com/wa...8lW0&feature=related

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What? Maybe he had strep when you heard him talk.
http://www.youtube.com/wa...8lW0&feature=related
Maybe it's just when he's yelling. Cuz I remember a couple times hearing him high-pitched and scraggly. This sounds like what I expected him to sound like.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom