Kevin Durant, "KOBE'S the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD."

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

No surprise he said that... Kobe IS the best player in the world

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

I haven't read muh of this thread... lucky me... so I'll keep this short..

Kobe has the biggest skill set of any player I'VE seen, ever (Including He-who-mustn't-be-named). Is he as CONSISTENT as Bron or "That guy"? Nope. Not right now. Did "That guy" have Kobe's lights out accuracy from any-damn-where on the court? Nope. Could Lebron play LEBRON'S game at the same or close to the same level with a totally %!@**% up body? Hell no.

See, there's trade offs between the two...

MJ can play hurt. So can Kobe.
Kobe can dominate. So can Lebron.
Lebron makes his team better. So did MJ.

Between the two (Kobe and Bron - with MJ as a control), there's an argument to be made for either one being "THE BEST TODAY" when you compare them to what "THE BEST OF ALL TIME" was able to do... but... what makes Kobe just that much better is the fact that we're comparing two peak-level athletes, but only one has a history of greatness. Lebron is a few notches above Tmac right now. As GOOD as Tracy was, he never cemented his legacy so you can't say he's GREAT. As GREAT as Lebron is, he'll never be the BEST until he does some of the things Kobe is EXPECTED to do now-a-days. Kobe's resume is shhhhhing on Lebron's... let's just be honest here.
Mcgrady didn't even make it past the first round

I'm sure he would 've said the same thing about 'Bron if they were playing the Cavs. I know that he knows this'll get out to the East coast and LeBron, buts that's the way it works. It's not like this makes it factual.

We also have to consider that these players may also see it as skill & bball IQ vs freakish size & athleticism & feel for the game. They can make one a goal, but not the other. It's like saying, "I could do the same thing if I was his size." It was the way people dissed Shaq and how people diss LeBron today. It's obvioulsy BS, but it makes a difference to some people.

Like many fans of the Lakers, I don't care about the personal praise showered upon individual members of the team, I just want them to be winners. Well, that and "playing the right way."

You dudes are starting to sound #!$#!%@ ******ed with these old !!$ arguments. Who really cares anymore?

$$!% all that Who's the best nonsense. At the end of the day...the person who led his team to that trophy at the end of the year is the one who can claim any sort of titles.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

39 points on 28 shots and 1 assist.

Kobe still doesn't get it. If this was a better team they would've lost. If Kobe played a more team-oriented game they would've beat OKC by 20.

LOL. Did you even watch the game? Kobe dumped the ball off plenty of times, but time and time again, brick, clank!
oh the irony

Originally Posted by got shoes

another one of this i see. Bron shouldn't even be brought up in this thread. He is not relevant in here.
he is releveant when he's the best right now.
kd is stating the false statement.

there are 2 good reasons for this.

first, kd is still too young to figure out who's better and who's not better. 

just by looking at this series, not considering anything about the past. EVERYONE will say KD is the best player on the court. he really looked like the best player in that series. yes la is the better team, but individually kd looks heads and shoulders above everyone out there. and him saying kobe is the best is because kd hasn't matured yet.

second, kd is playing mind game. most of nba players get offended when others don't respect their game. yea most of em are self-centered...and kobe is no different than any other nba players.

if kd said kobe is no where near lebron or saying something negative about kobe like shooting too much when he can't make...kobe will play harder next game to prove critics wrong. lol.

a very simple mind game.

it's one or the other.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

I haven't read muh of this thread... lucky me... so I'll keep this short..

Kobe has the biggest skill set of any player I'VE seen, ever (Including He-who-mustn't-be-named). Is he as CONSISTENT as Bron or "That guy"? Nope. Not right now. Did "That guy" have Kobe's lights out accuracy from any-damn-where on the court? Nope. Could Lebron play LEBRON'S game at the same or close to the same level with a totally %!@**% up body? Hell no.

See, there's trade offs between the two...

MJ can play hurt. So can Kobe.
Kobe can dominate. So can Lebron.
Lebron makes his team better. So did MJ.

Between the two (Kobe and Bron - with MJ as a control), there's an argument to be made for either one being "THE BEST TODAY" when you compare them to what "THE BEST OF ALL TIME" was able to do... but... what makes Kobe just that much better is the fact that we're comparing two peak-level athletes, but only one has a history of greatness. Lebron is a few notches above Tmac right now. As GOOD as Tracy was, he never cemented his legacy so you can't say he's GREAT. As GREAT as Lebron is, he'll never be the BEST until he does some of the things Kobe is EXPECTED to do now-a-days. Kobe's resume is shhhhhing on Lebron's... let's just be honest here.
Mcgrady didn't even make it past the first round

No one was saying that WHILE he was at the peak of his game though. We look back and say "But... McGrady didn't yada yada" but when he was dogging boys for 40 and 50 every other night cats was putting him AT-OR-ABOVE Kobe. Point and case: Lebron IS great. One of THEE greats actually. But... Lebron hasn't done the winning it takes to make a solid claim at being better than Kobe. Everything Lebron has won, Kobe has won more of (except this MVP trophy he's about to run away with). And not in Robert Horry fashion either
grin.gif
. Kobe has been a HUGE factor in 4 championship runs, but even if he was just a Luke Walton, even Luke earned his ring by playing his position, literally and figuratively. Cats act like Kobe owes Shaq something for 3 of his rings. ALL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS START 5 PLAYERS AND BENCH 7. Shaq owes Rick Fox as much as Kobe owes Shaq. That's how TEAMS work silly people.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by got shoes

another one of this i see. Bron shouldn't even be brought up in this thread. He is not relevant in here.
he is releveant when he's the best right now.
kd is stating the false statement.

there are 2 good reasons for this.

first, kd is still too young to figure out who's better and who's not better. 

just by looking at this series, not considering anything about the past. EVERYONE will say KD is the best player on the court. he really looked like the best player in that series. yes la is the better team, but individually kd looks heads and shoulders above everyone out there. and him saying kobe is the best is because kd hasn't matured yet.

second, kd is playing mind game. most of nba players get offended when others don't respect their game. yea most of em are self-centered...and kobe is no different than any other nba players.

if kd said kobe is no where near lebron or saying something negative about kobe like shooting too much when he can't make...kobe will play harder next game to prove critics wrong. lol.

a very simple mind game.

it's one or the other.

You know #+*@ better than KD right?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

put lebron on the lakers and they win 70 games.

kobe is more skilled. but lebron at this point in time. is the best player on earth. it was evident this year.

I'll concour with this,despite my lack of support for kobe

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Originally Posted by iceNcream

I dont see why not?

let me break this down.

Broken index finger
knee tendinitis
lower back pain
31 years old

13,000 minutes + logged in

And the man is still doing it. I wanna see how he would be without all those ailments. I wanna see anyone's best player in the NBA have all that under their belt and still do it like Kobe.
Messed up ankle too

and in his 14th season......plus over 2 seasons worth of playoff games....simply amazing with all that mileage and injuries

Production per 48 Minutes of Clutch Time:

For these stats "Clutch" is defined as: "4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points"

Source 82games.com

[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Gm[/th][th=""]Min[/th][th=""][/th][th=""][/th][th=""]Fga[/th][th=""]Fg%[/th][th=""]3pA[/th][th=""]3p%[/th][th=""]Fta[/th][th=""]Ft%[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][th=""]Ast'd[/th][th=""]Reb[/th][th=""]Ast[/th][th=""]T/o[/th][th=""]Blk[/th][th=""]Stl[/th][/tr][tr][td] CLE[/td][td]James[/td][td]45[/td][td]151[/td][td]116[/td][td]+37[/td][td]41.0[/td][td].488[/td][td]14.9[/td][td].340[/td][td]26.1[/td][td]80%[/td][td]66.1[/td][td]22%[/td][td]15.9[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]3.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]LAL[/td][td]Bryant[/td][td]28[/td][td]132[/td][td]19[/td][td]+7[/td][td]36.0[/td][td].444[/td][td]10.2[/td][td].357[/td][td]18.9[/td][td]82%[/td][td]51.2[/td][td]18%[/td][td]7.3[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]1.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]DAL[/td][td]Nowitzki[/td][td]44[/td][td]171[/td][td]102[/td][td]+29[/td][td]33.2[/td][td].449[/td][td]4.2[/td][td].667[/td][td]14.9[/td][td]98%[/td][td]47.2[/td][td]54%[/td][td]9.0[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]DEN[/td][td]Anthony[/td][td]30[/td][td]121[/td][td]15[/td][td]+6[/td][td]32.4[/td][td].427[/td][td]2.8[/td][td].143[/td][td]21.7[/td][td]87%[/td][td]47.0[/td][td]20%[/td][td]9.5[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]2.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]PHO[/td][td]Nash[/td][td]40[/td][td]143[/td][td]19[/td][td]+6[/td][td]27.2[/td][td].457[/td][td]11.4[/td][td].353[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]89%[/td][td]43.6[/td][td]13%[/td][td]3.4[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]3.4[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]0.3[/td][/tr][/table]

We all know Kobe's 6 game winners are amazing, and most of us also know that LeBron would have more than a few of those if he wasn't such a suffocating force before the last play even had a chance for a game winning shot.

Men lie, women lie, but them numbers don't lie...
LeBron is the Closer...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

I dont see why not?

let me break this down.

Broken index finger
knee tendinitis
lower back pain
31 years old

And the man is still doing it. I wanna see how he would be without all those ailments. I wanna see anyone's best player in the NBA have all that under their belt and still do it like Kobe.
Messed up ankle too

and in his 14th season......plus over 2 seasons worth of playoff games....simply amazing with all that mileage and injuries

Exactly.
indifferent.gif
at these lebron slurpers. seriously, i love lebron though and kobe. Kobe is my favorite player ever, but this dude is simply amazing. you cant call lebron the best player, what has dude done honestly? Getting sweeped in the finals? Kobe has 4 rings, until lebron wins ONE, he is nothing compared to kobe.

KD got jokes.

Kobe is up there still. He had a good  run. What was it? 2 seasons of being arguably the best?

Lebron is it right now though. IDGAF about rings. Lebron has made a contender out of a dump.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Kind of a dumb thing to say down 0-2. Save it until the series is over. That's the problem with NBA players today, they don't have that killer instinct on or off the court. You should feel like you're the best and definitely not slurp other players in the middle of a playoff series. KD is holding his own and there is still a long battle ahead. If that was Kobe at 21, he'd be like, "I'm taking his crown."

cosign. the league is soft. 

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

39 points on 28 shots and 1 assist.

Kobe still doesn't get it. If this was a better team they would've lost. If Kobe played a more team-oriented game they would've beat OKC by 20.

LOL. Did you even watch the game? Kobe dumped the ball off plenty of times, but time and time again, brick, clank!
You're not getting what I'm saying. I know he "passes the ball". It's the way he passes the ball that I have a problem with. Whereas some players like Deron Williams or Steve Nash or LeBron use their athletic ability and talent when they score and when they pass, Kobe only uses his talents when he scores. When it’s timeto pass, he’s often standing around like a basketball camp counselor throwingpasses to kids in camp. His excellence becomes marginalized, and he’s justanother player. So when you tell me "he dumped the ball off" you're showing me that you don't get my point. 

I dont see why not?

let me break this down.

Broken index finger
knee tendinitis
lower back pain
31 years old

Messed up ankle too

Exactly.
indifferent.gif
at these lebron slurpers. seriously, i love lebron though and kobe. Kobe is my favorite player ever, but this dude is simply amazing. you cant call lebron the best player, what has dude done honestly? Getting sweeped in the finals? Kobe has 4 rings, until lebron wins ONE, he is nothing compared to kobe.
What the hell does Kobe's 4 rings have to do with being the best player in the world RIGHT NOW? RIGHT NOW. PRESENTLY. CURRENTLY. AT THE MOMENT.

Past accomplishments do not mean anything in the context of this discussion. How difficult is that to understand?

The discussion is about who the best player is TODAY.

There is only one correct answer and that would be LeBron James.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont see why not?

let me break this down.

Broken index finger
knee tendinitis
lower back pain
31 years old

Messed up ankle too

Exactly.
indifferent.gif
What the hell does Kobe's 4 rings have to do with being the best player in the world RIGHT NOW? RIGHT NOW. PRESENTLY. CURRENTLY. AT THE MOMENT.

Past accomplishments do not mean anything in the context of this discussion. How difficult is that to understand?

The discussion is about who the best player is TODAY.

There is only one correct answer and that would be LeBron James.
As much as I dislike Kobe, if he is able to come back and lead the Lakers to a repeat with a Finals MVP, he's still the best in the world. 

durant also said tmac was back this year after playing a game v. him.

kobe is NOWHERE near a top 5 player right now. durant is just payin homage

Originally Posted by nyk buc

I think you're going too far. If you were starting a team and had 5 picks Kobe would be one of the 5--- easily.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by nyk buc

I think you're going too far. If you were starting a team and had 5 picks Kobe would be one of the 5--- easily.
to start a team right now? lebron, wade, durant, howard, and deron/paul. kobe in decline is not dependable, and that's injuries/age catching up to him. hopefully he'll regain his swagger though. this is one of his worst playoff series in a while, despite a great game 2 (he didn't shoot 50% in that game)

Back
Top Bottom