Kevin Durant, "KOBE'S the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD."

Originally Posted by BangDak

Guys, this isnt last year. the cavs are definitely a playoff team without Lebron.

Based on what? Their 1-5 record in the 6 games they played without LeBron this season?

LeBron is playing the best right now.  However, the playoffs are what counts. 
still on this, are we?

If LeBron wins a title this year, I'm sure it'll be 4 > 1, right?

And how in gods name can people on here say the Cavs aren't contenders back in November/December and now say they have a better supporting cast than the Lakers? hilarious
alien.gif

Kevin Durant had a lot to say about their games vs theLakers. There is footage of the press conference held after game 2 of the NBA Playoffs on NBA.comwho I am here on behalf of.
See more of what he had to say about this losshere:

NBA.com

Pau is a top 10-15 player in the league. He's easily better than Jamison.

Originally Posted by JD617

Pau is a top 10-15 player in the league. He's easily better than Jamison.

See. Where is Nowitness or whoever was arguing with me last week about somebody calling Pau a top 10 player. You weren't the only one, but I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking people said that. Pau is not a top 10 player in the league. I'll give him top 20.

laugh.gif

You're right, 10 could be a reach, but I'd give him top 15. Either way, Jamison is not on his level.

tired.gif
tired.gif
ERASCISM wrote:

Kind of a dumb thing to say down 0-2. Save it until the series is over. That's the problem with NBA players today, they don't have that killer instinct on or off the court. You should feel like you're the best and definitely not slurp other players in the middle of a playoff series. KD is holding his own and there is still a long battle ahead. If that was Kobe at 21, he'd be like, "I'm taking his crown."

Im sure Durant is thinking exactly that. He is tryin to get it there...he knows theres a battle ahead and he's ready for it.

On another note: Gasol is def better than Jaminson but he is not in the 10 to 15 bracket.
and Shaq is over Bynum fer sure... cooome on.

Originally Posted by Miss Savannah

On another note: Gasol is def better than Jaminson but he is not in the 10 to 15 bracket.

Wow.. "Cooome on"? What a convincing argument. There is no way I can counter-argue this one..
eyes.gif

[h2]Durant definitely a believer in Bryant[/h2][h3]The young OKC star scoffs at the notion the veteran Lakers guard has slowed down[/h3]

By Arash Markazi
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

LOS ANGELES -- Kevin Durantcouldn't believe what he was hearing every time he turned on the TV orradio or what he was reading every time he picked up the paper or wenton the Internet.

Kobe Bryant was getting old, he was past his prime; he was finally breaking down.

"Idon't understand why people say he's lost a step," Durant said outsidethe Thunder locker room before Game 5 on Tuesday night. "He's thegreatest player in the game. There are only a couple guys who can turnit on and off like him and get 15 in a row and also get 10 assists andget their guys involved. He's probably the best ever. You can't saythat he's lost a step. He's the same Kobe from a while back, maybe he'snot dunking on a lot of guys like he was back in '01, '02 but he'sstill the same Kobe."

nba_g_kobe_durant1_288.jpg

Stephen Dunn/Getty ImagesKevin Durant, right, says Kobe Bryant doesn't need to score to be able to dominate a game.

AsDurant talked to his teammates on the bus ride over to Staples Center,he told them there were two kinds of Kobe Bryant they were going toencounter Tuesday and both could be equally deadly in a do-or-die gameas Game 5 was being billed.

"You never know what Kobe is going todo," Durant said. "He can turn it on and off so easily. You got to beready for him to hit 10 in a row. A guy like that can get hot at anytime. [In Game 4] I thought he was going to [go off], but he kind ofdeferred to his teammates and tried to get everybody involved. It'sbetter when he tries to get everyone involved, that's Kobe Bryant. Oncehe gets 12 or 13 points in the first quarter that's the Black Mamba. Wewant him to be Kobe Bryant not Black Mamba. Our toughest job isstopping the Black Mamba."

Bryant hasn't been the Black Mambasince he got an avulsion fracture on his right index finger inDecember, and he was far from it during the Lakers' 111-87 win overOklahoma City in Game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead, finishing with 13points and seven assists.

After the game, Durant, looking as ifhe had just gotten out of class, wearing a backpack, flannel shirt,jeans and sneakers, was still shaking his head at the notion Bryant hadsomehow lost his step. After getting embarrassed by Bryant on anup-and-under move and seeing him hit a couple of shots over him, Durantwas as convinced as ever Bryant was still able to do whatever he wantedon the court.

"You all are killing me man, you all killing mewith this," Durant said. "Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league;one of the best players in the world. You're talking to me like heplayed a phenomenal game which is something he normally doesn't do.He's Kobe Bryant, he's going to come out and lead his team. That's whathe's been doing for 12 or 13 years. He's a guy who doesn't need toscore on this team to win games now. Maybe a couple years he has to butnow he can get everybody involved."

While Durant, who finished with 17 points on five-for-14 shooting, couldn't shower Bryant with enough praise, his teammate Russell Westbrookwas still trying to figure out how Bryant's defense stifled him in thefirst half as he finished the game with 15 points on four-for-13shooting and eight turnovers. Westbrook was one of the biggest reasonsthe Thunder won Games 3 and 4 in Oklahoma City and his ineffectivenesswas perhaps one of the biggest reasons the Thunder were nevercompetitive in Game 5.

"I blame it on myself," Westbrook said."It was a different look, but I got to be confident in what I'm doing.I was hesitant with what I was doing."

Before the game asWestbrook sat in front of his locker, intently watching film from Game4, he admitted he wasn't a big Kobe Bryant fan growing up despiteliving in Lawndale and attending UCLA.

la_g_lakers_thunderlive1_288.jpg

Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesRussell Westbrook, who grew up in Los Angeles, admitted he wasn't a die-hard Lakers or Kobe Bryant fan growing up.

"Nah, they were a good team, but I wasn't a die-hard Lakers fan," he said. "I liked the Grizzlies and the Blazers. I liked Rasheed Wallace and Pau Gasol.I always wanted the Lakers to win but not when they were playing thoseteams. I wasn't really a fan of those teams but of those players.They're smart players; those are my favorite kind of players."

It seems the only thing more unlikely than a Los Angeles kid who grew up wanting to be like Magic Johnsonbecoming a Blazers and Grizzlies fan would be the eighth-seededThunder, the youngest team in the league, unseating the defending NBAchampions.

Despite their blowout loss in Los Angeles, Thunder coach Scott Brookswasn't worried about how his team would react. He often relays the samemessage to his team that he does to his 14-year-old son after hedefeats him at any of a number of sports they play.

"I tell myson, he's never beaten me yet, but I say you can't worry aboutyesterday's game you have to focus on the next time we play," Brookssaid. "I'm a 1,000-0 against him, that's a more impressive streak thanthe Lakers have. I beat him at every sport. I'm competitive with him,but we have a good spirit with our guys and we believe in what we do.Sometimes it's not good enough but we can't worry about that."

Arash Markazi is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Before the game as Westbrook sat in front of his locker, intently watching film from Game 4, he admitted he wasn't a big Kobe Bryant fan growing up despite living in Lawndale and attending UCLA.

Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesRussell Westbrook, who grew up in Los Angeles, admitted he wasn't a die-hard Lakers or Kobe Bryant fan growing up.

"Nah, they were a good team, but I wasn't a die-hard Lakers fan," he said. "I liked the Grizzlies and the Blazers. I liked Rasheed Wallace and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=996Pau Gasol. I always wanted the Lakers to win but not when they were playing those teams. I wasn't really a fan of those teams but of those players. They're smart players; those are my favorite kind of players."

hmmm

is he calling sheed a smart player?
laugh.gif
 and no one on the Lakers werent smart when he was growing up?
nerd.gif

Miss Savannah wrote:
id take an overweight and injured shaq over bynum anyday...the thing with drew is he only dominates undersized centers but when it comes to guys like shaq, yao and dwight he cant do squat...regardless of shaqs age dude still commands that double team and he will eat bynum alive thats why we got handled on xmas day against the cavs...shaqs presence definitely made a difference

Kobe's last name might as well be "Lebron" because everytime you say his name, you will hear the other.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Before the game as Westbrook sat in front of his locker, intently watching film from Game 4, he admitted he wasn't a big Kobe Bryant fan growing up despite living in Lawndale and attending UCLA.

"Nah, they were a good team, but I wasn't a die-hard Lakers fan," he said. "I liked the Grizzlies and the Blazers. I liked Rasheed Wallace and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=996Pau Gasol. I always wanted the Lakers to win but not when they were playing those teams. I wasn't really a fan of those teams but of those players. They're smart players; those are my favorite kind of players."
hmmm

is he calling sheed a smart player?
laugh.gif
 and no one on the Lakers werent smart when he was growing up?
nerd.gif

He is, and deservedly so.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

[h2]Durant definitely a believer in Bryant[/h2][h3]The young OKC star scoffs at the notion the veteran Lakers guard has slowed down[/h3]

By Arash Markazi
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

LOS ANGELES -- Kevin Durantcouldn't believe what he was hearing every time he turned on the TV orradio or what he was reading every time he picked up the paper or wenton the Internet.

Kobe Bryant was getting old, he was past his prime; he was finally breaking down.

"Idon't understand why people say he's lost a step," Durant said outsidethe Thunder locker room before Game 5 on Tuesday night. "He's thegreatest player in the game. There are only a couple guys who can turnit on and off like him and get 15 in a row and also get 10 assists andget their guys involved. He's probably the best ever. You can't saythat he's lost a step. He's the same Kobe from a while back, maybe he'snot dunking on a lot of guys like he was back in '01, '02 but he'sstill the same Kobe."

nba_g_kobe_durant1_288.jpg

Stephen Dunn/Getty ImagesKevin Durant, right, says Kobe Bryant doesn't need to score to be able to dominate a game.

AsDurant talked to his teammates on the bus ride over to Staples Center,he told them there were two kinds of Kobe Bryant they were going toencounter Tuesday and both could be equally deadly in a do-or-die gameas Game 5 was being billed.

"You never know what Kobe is going todo," Durant said. "He can turn it on and off so easily. You got to beready for him to hit 10 in a row. A guy like that can get hot at anytime. [In Game 4] I thought he was going to [go off], but he kind ofdeferred to his teammates and tried to get everybody involved. It'sbetter when he tries to get everyone involved, that's Kobe Bryant. Oncehe gets 12 or 13 points in the first quarter that's the Black Mamba. Wewant him to be Kobe Bryant not Black Mamba. Our toughest job isstopping the Black Mamba."

Bryant hasn't been the Black Mambasince he got an avulsion fracture on his right index finger inDecember, and he was far from it during the Lakers' 111-87 win overOklahoma City in Game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead, finishing with 13points and seven assists.

After the game, Durant, looking as ifhe had just gotten out of class, wearing a backpack, flannel shirt,jeans and sneakers, was still shaking his head at the notion Bryant hadsomehow lost his step. After getting embarrassed by Bryant on anup-and-under move and seeing him hit a couple of shots over him, Durantwas as convinced as ever Bryant was still able to do whatever he wantedon the court.

"You all are killing me man, you all killing mewith this," Durant said. "Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league;one of the best players in the world. You're talking to me like heplayed a phenomenal game which is something he normally doesn't do.He's Kobe Bryant, he's going to come out and lead his team. That's whathe's been doing for 12 or 13 years. He's a guy who doesn't need toscore on this team to win games now. Maybe a couple years he has to butnow he can get everybody involved."

While Durant, who finished with 17 points on five-for-14 shooting, couldn't shower Bryant with enough praise, his teammate Russell Westbrookwas still trying to figure out how Bryant's defense stifled him in thefirst half as he finished the game with 15 points on four-for-13shooting and eight turnovers. Westbrook was one of the biggest reasonsthe Thunder won Games 3 and 4 in Oklahoma City and his ineffectivenesswas perhaps one of the biggest reasons the Thunder were nevercompetitive in Game 5.

"I blame it on myself," Westbrook said."It was a different look, but I got to be confident in what I'm doing.I was hesitant with what I was doing."

Before the game asWestbrook sat in front of his locker, intently watching film from Game4, he admitted he wasn't a big Kobe Bryant fan growing up despiteliving in Lawndale and attending UCLA.

"Nah, they were a good team, but I wasn't a die-hard Lakers fan," he said. "I liked the Grizzlies and the Blazers. I liked Rasheed Wallace and Pau Gasol.I always wanted the Lakers to win but not when they were playing thoseteams. I wasn't really a fan of those teams but of those players.They're smart players; those are my favorite kind of players."

It seems the only thing more unlikely than a Los Angeles kid who grew up wanting to be like Magic Johnsonbecoming a Blazers and Grizzlies fan would be the eighth-seededThunder, the youngest team in the league, unseating the defending NBAchampions.

Despite their blowout loss in Los Angeles, Thunder coach Scott Brookswasn't worried about how his team would react. He often relays the samemessage to his team that he does to his 14-year-old son after hedefeats him at any of a number of sports they play.

"I tell myson, he's never beaten me yet, but I say you can't worry aboutyesterday's game you have to focus on the next time we play," Brookssaid. "I'm a 1,000-0 against him, that's a more impressive streak thanthe Lakers have. I beat him at every sport. I'm competitive with him,but we have a good spirit with our guys and we believe in what we do.Sometimes it's not good enough but we can't worry about that."

Arash Markazi is a reporter and columnist for ESPNLosAngeles.com.
LOL. kd got jokes man
maybe kd is trying to credit himself more by barely losing to the best player lol but no kd seriously needs to stop kissin someone elses @+# and get that swagger back.. 
if u wanna be a superstar dont do that. 

Back
Top Bottom