Kevin Hart What Now OCT 14

Pixels was actually surprisingly good [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Also his movie funny people was super dope.

I also don't get the kev hate.

I enjoy his comedy. Relatable to me and my friends with some of the jokes and relationship stuff

Last edited:
Pixels was actually surprisingly good [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Also his movie funny people was super dope.

I also don't get the kev hate.

I enjoy his comedy. Relatable to me and my friends with some of the jokes and relationship stuff
Funny people should've ended halfway through with Sandler dying. That would've made it a great movie. Instead we get the apatow bloat and that love triangle stuff

if you think about it, even an actual movie is tough to get to the 30 mil open mark.

like a regular comedy.

Zoolander 2 (which had a HUGE cult following) only did $18.

A stand up special just doesnt draw crowds in, it's a very niche market.

BUT.

I get how some people are surprised since Kev is an A-lister.

Well Zoolander 2 was 15 years too late though, kids today don't see Ben stiller and Owen Wilson as those guys. Plus the reviews killed it. Word of mouth for comedies are a major KEY word to Khaled

Well Zoolander 2 was 15 years too late though, kids today don't see Ben stiller and Owen Wilson as those guys. Plus the reviews killed it. Word of mouth for comedies are a major KEY word to Khaled

Ok.

Point is, Central Intelligence opened at 30+
Ride Along 2 at 40+
Ghostbusters 40+
Neighbors 2 20+

These are actual current movies with bigger budgets and cast/draw.

People are trippin and have no clue how the movie box office moves these days, have a point of reference.

I believe this stand up movie is the biggest open of all time for it's genre.

I understand that, I'm just thinking this dude has been on every morning show and talk show and appears to be the no.1 celeb and made $90 million alone in 2016. I honestly thought it would do $30 mill opening weekend at least but yeah the people that went to the event aren't gonna pay $10 to see it again. I got you on that.
Yeah, I actually thought it would do $30 million this weekend, alone.

That's just super unrealistic dude. if that was the case, Louis ck, Chris rock, Seinfeld etc would all be putting movies out in theaters.

True.

if you think about it, even an actual movie is tough to get to the 30 mil open mark.

like a regular comedy.

Zoolander 2 (which had a HUGE cult following) only did $18.

A stand up special just doesnt draw crowds in, it's a very niche market.

BUT.

I get how some people are surprised since Kev is an A-lister.

Exactly.

When you look into his BO numbers, you might be surprised. He only has 2 movies gross over 100 million (US) Ride Alone (141) and CI (127) when he's the co-lead. WW his biggest grossing movie is CI (216). Ifs not like he's making these BLOCKBUSTERS TYPE movies like "A LISTERS" make.

If you think about it, A listers dont make money in the box office anymore.

Franchises do.

The "A-list" draw is done.

The Rotten Tomato generation is real and it's still gonna be about the quality of the film (with exceptions: Transformers I see you)

When you look into his BO numbers, you might be surprised. He only has 2 movies gross over 100 million (US) Ride Alone (141) and CI (127) when he's the co-lead. WW his biggest grossing movie is CI (216). Ifs not like he's making these BLOCKBUSTERS TYPE movies like "A LISTERS" make.
Comic book, animated movies and super hero movies done messed the game up. If you look at box offices for most hits they will fall in that 200-300 million range. Super hero and Pixar movies get upwards of 500-1billion. Those are the anamoly and not realistic at all. Also they have much bigger budgets 200milliom plus in most cases. Tom cruise, Adam sandler, wil smith( before SS) are considered huge draws and their movies are usually in that 200 million+ range

Secret life of pets is almost at 900 million. Granted it's an ensemble cast but kevins voice is probably the most notable

Last edited:
Agree with this x100

Chris Pratt is out here leading record breaking films b. Andy from Parks and Rec :lol:

Chris Pratt got lucky, Guardians really put him on the map (and his trainer). Jurassic Park.

Basically anybody could play those roles and still make good money, you think Shia made Transformers

the juggernaut that it is? Literally anybody could have played that role as well.

Again, proving the point that franchises and GOOD FILMS make the big bucks these days.

Not your usual Brad, Tom or Will. Not anymore.

Agree with this x100

Chris Pratt is out here leading record breaking films b. Andy from Parks and Rec
laugh.gif
Chris Pratt got lucky, Guardians really put him on the map (and his trainer). Jurassic Park.

Basically anybody could play those roles and still make good money, you think Shia made Transformers

the juggernaut that it is? Literally anybody could have played that role as well.

Again, proving the point that franchises and GOOD FILMS make the big bucks these days.

Not your usual Brad, Tom or Will. Not anymore.
It has always been director > actors for me for as long as I really started getting into film.

I agree.

It goes without saying that certain director-actor combos have a proven success rate as well.

It's at around 22 million now, might top out around 25 ish. 7 million lower than Let Me Explain.

Side note, this dude Tyler Perry is killing it with the latest Madea. Back to back weeks at number 1. 28 million and 17 million.

Just seen it, was kinda disappointed.

I figured it wasn't that good. People usually come out of stand ups like that quoting **** all over social media.

It didn't have any juice after opening

I think Kevin could be hitting a point in his stand up career where he might need a break creatively. He's a movie star now maybe just keep that going and come back a in so,e years with a stand up comeback.

Back
Top Bottom