Kevin Hart What Now OCT 14

Haven't seen it yet, however, you can tell fatigue is starting to kick go on. "Let Me Explain" did 11.1 million opening weekend in only 876 theaters (11k per screen average) "What Now" did 11.8 million in over 2,600 theaters (4K per screen average)
While true, movies in general have been down lately. Suicide squad is still in the top 10 after 2 months. Magnificent seven and the accountant opened to muted box offices

Haven't seen it yet, however, you can tell fatigue is starting to kick go on. "Let Me Explain" did 11.1 million opening weekend in only 876 theaters (11k per screen average) "What Now" did 11.8 million in over 2,600 theaters (4K per screen average)

I think he's hitting a oversaturtion point. This last weekend he's been on dozens of YouTube shows, night shows, commercials. He's doing multiple movies and music I think he needs to falll back after Jumanji and take a break.

For a lot of comics they need time away from the stage. He's clearly working his *** off but if he's coming out with something every other year what makes those things special. Not saying he needs a Eddie type break but he taking a break for a year or two would be good for him.

While true, movies in general have been down lately. Suicide squad is still in the top 10 after 2 months. Magnificent seven and the accountant opened to muted box offices

Box office in generally has been down. Some people say the way we consume media is a big part of that, others the lack of new and original ideas. Whatever it is, suicide squad though a comic but movie was something new and the marketing for that was ******* insane.

I think he's hitting a oversaturtion point. This last weekend he's been on dozens of YouTube shows, night shows, commercials. He's doing multiple movies and music I think he needs to falll back after Jumanji and take a break.

For a lot of comics they need time away from the stage. He's clearly working his *** off but if he's coming out with something every other year what makes those things special. Not saying he needs a Eddie type break but he taking a break for a year or two would be good for him.

Gotta agree, he needs to take a hiatus from comedy and movies, over-saturation can kill your career

Very true, but imagine yourself in his position.

Hart worked hard for years until he got the shine. He probably wants to get the $$$ while he still can, which is understandable. Hollywood churn rate is notoriously high and doesn't discriminate unless you make $$$ for them.

Last edited:
This fool takes over nba all-star weekend. I have to hit the mute button on tnt and espn.

Gotta agree, he needs to take a hiatus from comedy and movies, over-saturation can kill your career
I disagree. You make everything you can while you can. Like look at Dave Chappelle. I love him but he'll never be what he once was. Taking a hiatus for a comic can be a death sentence. This isn't like Meryl Streep or Daniel day Lewis who can take a hiatus and still come back with roles. A new Kevin hart will pop up if he leaves. Key and peels while not at daves level came in and filled that void and were able to flourish

I disagree. You make everything you can while you can. Like look at Dave Chappelle. I love him but he'll never be what he once was. Taking a hiatus for a comic can be a death sentence. This isn't like Meryl Streep or Daniel day Lewis who can take a hiatus and still come back with roles. A new Kevin hart will pop up if he leaves. Key and peels while not at daves level came in and filled that void and were able to flourish

I see your point, but then you have to think about a transition. He could take a hiatus from stand up and slow the movies down to focus on quality roles. At that point people will be wanting a new stand up and he can do a special or something of that nature. Money wise, he's good, so if he did slow down, that wouldn't hurt him.

This. With comedy, u gotta run your well dry imo. Soon as u take time off, someone else fills that spot. He can do 2 movies a year instead of 9 tho. But he's smart, he can make money off that tv network without showing his face so I'm sure he has plans for when he isn't the guy anymore.

I see your point, but then you have to think about a transition. He could take a hiatus from stand up and slow the movies down to focus on quality roles. At that point people will be wanting a new stand up and he can do a special or something of that nature. Money wise, he's good, so if he did slow down, that wouldn't hurt him.
He is transitioning into a more ownership role with the network. But that's still up and coming and he needs to continue bringing in revenue. If the network takes off I'd expect to see him in a Jay z like role where he'll put out stuff every now and then but won't be doing it non stop

Also unless you are a billionaire, you can always make more money( for yourself and the people around you)

Last edited:
My worry is him going down toward Adam Sandler territory. Dude has played himself out sooooooooo bad. He just makes crap movie after crap movie and Kevin has got be careful not to fall down that way.

We had this talk in a another thread before but Kev need a Coming to America type hit. HIS defining movie role and comedy. I do like this thing him and the Rock got going on but he's overshadowed by the rock.

He is transitioning into a more ownership role with the network. But that's still up and coming and he needs to continue bringing in revenue. If the network takes off I'd expect to see him in a Jay z like role where he'll put out stuff every now and then but won't be doing it non stop

Also unless you are a billionaire, you can always make more money( for yourself and the people around you)

Yea, I remember him talking about that which is dope if he can get it going right. The thing I like about dude is he working hard and growing and tryna do different things instead of running his well dry as mentioned above and then can't figure out how to transition into something more major.

My worry is him going down toward Adam Sandler territory. Dude has played himself out sooooooooo bad. He just makes crap movie after crap movie and Kevin has got be careful not to fall down that way.

We had this talk in a another thread before but Kev need a Coming to America type hit. HIS defining movie role and comedy. I do like this thing him and the Rock got going on but he's overshadowed by the rock.

Honestly, he or anyone in this era of entertainment will never have a "Coming to America" or "Beverly Hills Cop" hit, the writing today has gotten dry and the over-saturation of material will leave it so it's not appreciated the way it should be. Hell, the movies mentioned above wouldn't even do well in today's environment for the reasons I mentioned, which sucks.

i think that the internet hates adam Sandler more than real people actually do. His stuff is for the lowest common denominator sure, but there are people who love his work. And also dude is crazy successful.

i think that the internet hates adam Sandler more than real people actually do. His stuff is for the lowest common denominator sure, but there are people who love his work. And also dude is crazy successful.
I like Sandler's earlier work, but can understand why he's doing the stuff he's doing now.

Not to mention that he's giving his homies work and keeping them employed.

I'll need to fact check this, but doesn't Murphy has as many bad movies as Hart? 

daddy day care

tower heist

vampire in brooklyn to name a few

Like others have already said, there's already a future Kevin Hart waiting to take Hart's place, if he's starts slipping.

Also ain't there like a 1 famous black guy per half-decade rule?

Hart's already said he expects the movies, etc to go away hence his Hartbeat productions company.

I don't see how Hart could become Sandler, given he's already produced specials for Lil Rel and Keith Robinson.

I've not seen their newer hours, but I've seen lots of quality material from both of those guys.

Not on the recent past though. Pixels, Blended, Jack and Jill, the Cobbler and That's my boy all flopped with Grown Ups being the exception.

Can't use box office logic cause by that account America is waiting for more Twilight squeals :lol:

I think we're in an era where the comedy has to be organic. Adam Sandler comes from the over the top/forced humor era and that doesn't translate now. I will say I enjoyed the Do Over on Netflix :lol: and while the Grown Up movies were coo, the second one started off doin a lil too much w/ the deer.

Vampire in Brooklyn is like a cult classic so you gotta chill on that :lol: Daddy Daycare was bad, and Hollywood decided to double down on that w/ the sequel w/ Cuba Gooding Jr. :lol:

Daddy Day Care was entertaining to me. Sometimes a family comedy gets laughs.

I'll need to fact check this, but doesn't Murphy has as many bad movies as Hart? 
daddy day care
tower heist
vampire in brooklyn to name a few

Like others have already said, there's already a future Kevin Hart waiting to take Hart's place, if he's starts slipping.
Also ain't there like a 1 famous black guy per half-decade rule?
Hart's already said he expects the movies, etc to go away hence his Hartbeat productions company.

I don't see how Hart could become Sandler, given he's already produced specials for Lil Rel and Keith Robinson.
I've not seen their newer hours, but I've seen lots of quality material from both of those guys.

Eddie has a ton of duds more then Kevin. I don't count a lot of Kevin earlier stuff cause he was just minor characters in random scary movie sequels. What Eddie has though is MONSTER hit movies. He ran the 80s and part of the 90s. He was pop star :lol:. What is Kevin's movie that will forever be linked to him?

Eddie - coming to America, Beverly Hills cops, Trading Places
Adam - Happy Gilmore, billy Madison, the water boy
Will Ferrell - anchorman, step brothers, etc
Bill Murray - stripes, ghostbusters

Kevin - ????

That's all I'm saying. Kevin is running **** right now

Saw it on Saturday and the best part is when you get a few vantage points of exactly how many people he's in front of. You get a feel of it during the commercial but that was crazy.

Back
Top Bottom