[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

I'll go as far as to listening to all the fully released cdq tracks, but I dont do snippets...

I am not even listening to Girls.....i have had Just what i am and immortal....and king wizard on repeat for like a month now.....I have pre ordered the hard copy and will wait til i get it to listen to anything else.
I am sure the album will leak....i hope it doesn't effect his sales already num 6 on itunes and hasn't even released

As far as him leaving G.O.O.D. not a big deal. GOOD hasn't done anything for him honestly. He had a Kanye feature...they barely put him on cruel summer. It sucks because dude is super talented and i would die to hear him on the radio over all the other crap that gets played. Even though WZRD was crap there were 2-3 songs on the record that were radio friendly hits. I thought Teleport To Me could have been a number 1 single if it had any backing at all.

The dude deserved (IMO) to be one of the top artists out right now. He should be mentioned with all the other top "Urban" artists. But no label will give him the push he deserves.

he left GOOD? good.

why do fans always want their artists to blow up? Cudi is currently (semi)free to control and steer his own projects and follow his creative instincts without major label interference. More often than not, commercial success leads to an artist becoming super arrogant, conceited, profit-oriented, or all messed up in the head like kanye.

As long as dude is happy and makes good music.. I could care less what label an artist is or is not signed to.

Girls = 
eek.gif
 (They better have it on that HBO show lol)

G.O.O.D. grief (pun intended), this dude is 4-4 right about now. 

And if anybody thinks Cudi is done because he left the label, please. If anybody suffered, it's Kanye. 

Kanye could of done more man.

I know he put him on, and gave him a little shine here and there...but we all know Kanye has the resources, money, connections to really help push his artists if he wanted too. He coulda done more for Cudi and to be honest he let one slip through the cracks. He been too focused on Kim K, fashion, ranting, crying, and other ****... Not enough on the talent that he had in the palm of his hands.

Like some people have said, if anything this hurts Kanye. He won't admit it, but it'll hurt him to see Cudi move on and succeed without him.

Good. He shoulda done a lot more for him. Cudi could have been a gem for him man. So I'm happy for Cud. He's a grown man now, he wants to do things on his own and either fail or succeed on his own. He shouldn't have had to give up a chunk of whatever little money he's been making from his records to GOOD just because of affiliation. Kanye collecting checks without any type of promotion help? Nah B.

Good for Cud.

Not listening to snippets or any more leaks till the full albums out.

Think Im just gonna wait for the CD to be in my car before I listen. All I listened to were the singles so far. I think King Wiz or something like that.

I want dat full exp come release day on the way home from best buy 
nthat.gif

Im glad he left, it gives him a chance to branch out & do his own thing. Cudi is real creative too, so he'd be successful doing his own thing. As much as I loved the collabs him & G.O.O.D. had (all the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks, Welcome to Heartbreak, etc), they haven't featured him enough the past couple years or given him any exposure. He's better off, imo.

Some of you all might remember this, Cudi was ready to leave...

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-calling-out-their-labels-screwing-them.shtml

Kid Cudi: Ok so just a heads up, my weak *** label only shipped 55k physicals cuz they treated this like some indie side project tax right off. So i apologize on behalf of my weak *** major label. And I apologize for the lack of promo, again, my weak *** major label. They tried to rush me thru this so i can just give em another MOTM, but guess what? **** that, next album is WZRD. MOTM3 on hold til 2014. who mad??? not me and @DotDaGenius. So its def gonna be tough to find one in the stores guys, I'm sorry about that. I gotta go out and find one too, becuz my weak *** label never even gave us a copy of our own album. FAIL!!! Im lettin Universal Republic have it, **** it. What they gon' do, spank me?? hahahaha. AND Teleport 2 Me, Jamie aint on the radio!!!! like helloooooooooo????? HIT HIT HIT!!!

I remember that, Universal really screwed him there. It's good he is leaving them, and now G.O.O.D. is screwing with him by not even releasing any of his stuff. So he is leaving them.

He is doing the right thing making his own label with Chip.

The Almight GloryUS should be the label name, not Wicked Awesome though. Either way, good move for cudi, people keep pushing him to the side.

Last edited:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-calling-out-their-labels-screwing-them.shtml

Kid Cudi: Ok so just a heads up, my weak *** label only shipped 55k physicals cuz they treated this like some indie side project tax right off. So i apologize on behalf of my weak *** major label. And I apologize for the lack of promo, again, my weak *** major label. They tried to rush me thru this so i can just give em another MOTM, but guess what? **** that, next album is WZRD. MOTM3 on hold til 2014. who mad??? not me and @DotDaGenius. So its def gonna be tough to find one in the stores guys, I'm sorry about that. I gotta go out and find one too, becuz my weak *** label never even gave us a copy of our own album. FAIL!!! Im lettin Universal Republic have it, **** it. What they gon' do, spank me?? hahahaha. AND Teleport 2 Me, Jamie aint on the radio!!!! like helloooooooooo????? HIT HIT HIT!!!
i'm pretty sure he's still gonna be on universal though..

all he did was part ways with GOOD music, which is a subsidiary of island def jam.

Last edited:

I know he put him on, and gave him a little shine here and there...but we all know Kanye has the resources, money, connections to really help push his artists if he wanted too. He coulda done more for Cudi and to be honest he let one slip through the cracks.
He been too focused on Kim K, fashion, ranting, crying, and other ****... Not enough on the talent that he had in the palm of his hands.

Like some people have said, if anything this hurts Kanye. He won't admit it, but it'll hurt him to see Cudi move on and succeed without him.

Good. He shoulda done a lot more for him. Cudi could have been a gem for him man. So I'm happy for Cud. He's a grown man now, he wants to do things on his own and either fail or succeed on his own. He shouldn't have had to give up a chunk of whatever little money he's been making from his records to GOOD just because of affiliation. Kanye collecting checks without any type of promotion help? Nah B.

Good for Cud.

this

the ****** up part is ye ALWAYS does this

he never promos his own artist yet he got tyler the creators vid on his website :smh:

i still luv u though ye :frown:

inb4 kanye rants about cudi :lol:

Last edited:

I know he put him on, and gave him a little shine here and there...but we all know Kanye has the resources, money, connections to really help push his artists if he wanted too. He coulda done more for Cudi and to be honest he let one slip through the cracks.
He been too focused on Kim K, fashion, ranting, crying, and other ****... Not enough on the talent that he had in the palm of his hands.

Good for Cud.

this

he never promos his own artist yet he got tyler the creators vid on his website
:smh:

All of this. I knew this would happen sooner or later. :frown: |I
Watch Mr. Hudson leave next. :smh:

So hard not to listen to those snippets... but I'm gonna hold out for a leak and then purchase on release day.

Cudi is 4 for 4 so far to me. Any word on a tour?

I'm holding off until the official release.

Leaving GOOD should be a good career in my opinion.

yea that was about universal not GOOD...

and ****... wzrd sucked... i wouldnt have let him release it at all... he should be happy he got to drop it

this

he never promos his own artist yet he got tyler the creators vid on his website :smh:

This is the thing Cudi's music is in NO WAY shape or form meant for mainstream music. Kanye sits their and let's him creatively work on his albums, all the features he wanted, gave him 100% control and the man has had 3 albums, been on TV shows, and is eating pretty damn good by my assumption.

GOOD music isn't about record sales and gaining popularity Ye puts the music first and he damn sure let cudi do that on GOOD.... W/o that ye cosign on those projects i absolutely see him having HUGE release date problems after this album. Because real execs who are about making money aint gonna have that same determination to push cudi that ye did.

This is the thing Cudi's music is in NO WAY shape or form meant for mainstream music. Kanye sits their and let's him creatively work on his albums, all the features he wanted, gave him 100% control and the man has had 3 albums, been on TV shows, and is eating pretty damn good by my assumption.

GOOD music isn't about record sales and gaining popularity Ye puts the music first and he damn sure let cudi do that on GOOD.... W/o that ye cosign on those projects i absolutely see him having HUGE release date problems after this album. Because real execs who are about making money aint gonna have that same determination to push cudi that ye did.

THIS

after the 1st album lables woulda put Cudi on shelf unless he came with album full of Day & Nights

Kanye cosign probably gave the push to have all his albums released and gave Cudi 100%

I hate he left GOOD Cudi put in work with Ye behins the scenes that most people dont know about! He was on almost every song on Watch The Throne and had a big hand in it

I see Sean leaving next to start Finally Famous label

^Cudi had very small features on WTT, he was more of just part of the beat. His name was barely on the album.

GOOD gave cudi little exposure, Cruel Summer comes out and cudi doesn't even get featured in any songs. He only gets Creepers, which was made three years ago for MOTM 2. GOOD didn't give him any exposure, his sales are going off of his own hype that he made with the Man On The Moon series. Him announcing that he is leaving the album is giving him more publicity than his whole time with GOOD. He just didn't fit in. It was planned at the perfect time, Indicud drops in about two weeks, and now Cudi wants to leave the label? Now his name is out there, kids google search cudi, oh hey what's that? Just what I am? WOW THIS ALBUM SOUNDS GREAT, CAN'T WAIT!

Leaving GOOD, at this perfect time was the best move he can make.

Wicked awesome label will be great

THIS

after the 1st album lables woulda put Cudi on shelf unless he came with album full of Day & Nights

Kanye cosign probably gave the push to have all his albums released and gave Cudi 100%

I hate he left GOOD Cudi put in work with Ye behins the scenes that most people dont know about! He was on almost every song on Watch The Throne and had a big hand in it

I see Sean leaving next to start Finally Famous label

But how can you say that his music isn't meant for mainstream.....when he has stated he wanted more push from the label. I think he obviously wants to get his music out there....and due to the fact that his music is so good...he should be mainstream.

And if he did put in a lot of work behind the scenes on WTT....then GOOD should have kept him around or enticed him to stay. He obviously left for a reason. He was benefiting them but getting nothing in return. Not only was it a good PR move with indicud it was a good long term move for his career.

But how can you say that his music isn't meant for mainstream.....when he has stated he wanted more push from the label. I think he obviously wants to get his music out there....and due to the fact that his music is so good...he should be mainstream.

And if he did put in a lot of work behind the scenes on WTT....then GOOD should have kept him around or enticed him to stay. He obviously left for a reason. He was benefiting them but getting nothing in return. Not only was it a good PR move with indicud it was a good long term move for his career.

Good music doesn't = mainstream success. Cudi is a person who rather die than be forced into a box and told what kind of records to record which imo is why he signed on with good music in the first play. He makes good music but it isnt the most marketable stuff. MOTM2 had maybe 1 song which i think could be played on the radio.... one.

Kanye has given him almost every kind of look possible you can't make people buy the albums no matter how big of an artist he is. I believe cudi simply wanted his own label/situation and i'm fine with that.... but if this is really about getting more of a "push" he's gonna be in major trouble come the future because unless he switches his style he isn't recieving that mainstream support.

Cudi has to understand in this frame of hiphop your either going to make the kind of music you want and rely solely on your fanbase (Which has proven lucrative for him) or you can give up that creative control, Do a million guest appearances, A million radio interviews, and let execs tell you what kind of records need to be created in order for you to do #'s.

CuDi is still tight with everyone at GOOD, im sure he'll have a bunch of features from them now and in the future. just wish hed drop another track with Wale

Back
Top Bottom