[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

Wait so since i pre-ordered a physical copy from best buy (had a gift card had to use) does that mean it will be at my house next week instead of 2 weeks? I hope so
I preordered mine from amazon and I did the 'day of delivery' option before it got pushed up. 

I checked my order and it still says the 23rd. I called customer service up and they said that usually in a situation like this, when the cd's go out for the new release date, it will automatically update it in your order. Id say by Friday afternoon if nothing changes hit them up and see.

Or you can just cancel the preorder and repreorder it with the new date I guess lol

Cudi is one my top 5 favorite artists. I absolutely dislike the album though, not feeling the direction he is heading. Kept 5 songs after 3 spins.

MOTM1 = 10/10
MOTM2 = 8/10
WZRD = 6.5/10
Indicud = 7/10

Best Songs: Just What I Am, Red Eye, King Wizard

I put MOTM 2 over MOTM 1
BOLD my friend 
laugh.gif

The way I see it MOTM1 >>>>>>>>>>>MOTM2 > Indicud >>>>>>>WZRD

I didnt like WZRD at first but it def grew on me. Unlike the rest of his catalog, there were just some songs on WZRD that I honestly couldnt rock with. Only CD in his catalog I have yet to purchase.

I may have bias for MOTM1 tho. It came out at a time where I was in a very bad place. Dealing with the worst breakup. I can honestly say I wouldnt be where I am today had it not been for that CD. It's corn I know but its the truth lol

Now that I think of it, I dont think I ever opened my MOTM1 deluxe joint lol. Means alot to me

MOTM1 MOTM2 Indicud....Those CDs just get played straight through.

Last edited:
I was expecting some mind blowing, deepthought, out of this world, moon, stoner-type Cudi music. After a couple spins i only like about 4 tracks forreal...

:smh:

I put Indicud aside and instead just listenin to that Ab Soul - Control System to heal the wounds :nthat:

yeah, motm1 is better than motm2 IMO..

especially if you got to experience them in chronological order.

I don't know, Mr. Rager got me through a lot.

I miss the Common narrations, and they are rumored to return on Motm 3. But I just liked the tracklist on MOTM 2 a little better.

MOTM 1 has it beat with the nightmare songs though.

Maybe they are equals in my book.

Cudi is one my top 5 favorite artists. I absolutely dislike the album though, not feeling the direction he is heading. Kept 5 songs after 3 spins.

MOTM1 = 10/10
MOTM2 = 8/10
WZRD = 6.5/10
Indicud = 7/10

Best Songs: Just What I Am, Red Eye, King Wizard

I put MOTM 2 over MOTM 1

me 2

i love em both though but if i had 2 pick one MOTM 2 it is

indicud has less skippable tracks compared to motm 1 and 2 imo

-flame suit-

Last edited:
Just downloaded some vid editing software and used "New York City Rage Fest" to test it out.

First time messing with any kinda video editing of any sort so this was kinda fun.

FYI this was a scene in "King of New York"

Last edited:
cudi's label is dropping the ball..
mean.gif

so many of these songs off indicud coulda been pushed as singles and they could be killing the radio right now.

Last edited:
they been dropped the ball
teleport 2 me could have been huge for wzrd

Cudi was pissed about Teleport 2 me, Jamie wasn't on the radio.

If they threw a few WZRD songs on the radio it probably would be more popular.

Honestly, I don't think WZRD and Indicud are the different. Both are just him singing instead of rapping, the only difference is the attitude.

only thing i really have a problem with this album is the weak replay value

Last edited:
The album is a little better than I thought upon first listen.

But as a whole I still don't get what everyone is saying about it being great. This is no where close to either MOTM. I was told this was supposed to be his version of Dre's the Chronic. Expected a lot more of tracks like "Just What I Am"

The hi lites to me

-Solo Dolo pt 2
-Unf*ckwittable
-Brothers
-Lord of Sad and Lonely
-Just What I Am, King Wizard, and Immortal (All were released as singles)
-Cold Blooded
I was really hoping the intro and outro would be more than just instrumentals. And the Michael Bolton song is just :x in a bad way.

MOTM is one of my favorite albums, I hope he is capable of making something else along those lines. But we will see with MOTM3.

I guess you can say he is growing as an artist, but most of this album seems polar opposite from AKNC and MOTM1, what made me a huge Cudi fan. I want more of that Cudi.

Last edited:
I still have MOTM over MOTM2 as well... Both are great albums & I can play them striaght through, but MOTM gets a slight edge.

& CuDi's label really screwed him over on WZRD... Teleport 2 Me, Jaimie would have done work on the radio if it was treated properly & would've gave that album some more noise.

Last edited:
Still haven't heard it....got the email from bestbuy about my pre-order date changing thanks for the reply iHustle repped

People are scared to grow up.Even I was but not anymore. Blame it on bein 29 I guess.I wanna be wiser and more at peace.
— Scott Mescudi (@ducidni) April 11, 2013

basically sums it up for me

cudi's label is dropping the ball..:smh:

so many of these songs off indicud coulda been pushed as singles and they could be killing the radio right now.

Cudi shouldn't of went off on his label like he did...especially now that he's doing his own production and recording at his home studio...they ain't gotta pay for much and get to reap the benefits from his solid fanbase...

only thing i really have a problem with this album is the weak replay value

true...plus the fact that he released the best tracks on the cd as singles...

and MOTM 2 > MOTM 1 > Indicud > WZRD

i'mma miss depressed Cudi...dude was my spirit animal...

i'mma miss depressed Cudi...dude was my spirit animal...
^Real talk
Indicud is pretty fresh can play straight thru after I got rid of solo dolo pt 2, the haim joint, and that horrible micheal Bolton joint
Just what I am, young lady, king wiZard, girls, brothers = my favs
MOTM 1 > MOTM 2 > Indicud > WZRD

I still have MOTM over MOTM2 as well... Both are great albums & I can play them striaght through, but MOTM gets a slight edge.

& CuDi's label really screwed him over on WZRD... Teleport 2 Me, Jaimie would have done work on the radio if it was treated properly & would've gave that album some more noise.
i love Teleport 2 Me but I think you guys are a little delusional over "the work" you think it would have done on the radio.

I have friends who are radio producers/club DJs.  they'd play the song.  People didn't like it.

Way more people find that song annoying than people who enjoy it.  I loved the original Desire song he sampled for it, so I'm the among the latter but most people aren't into it.

Look at Thrift Shop.  If people want a song and request it enough it'll be on the radio.  I realize there's a lot more that goes into it and it isn't just THAT simple but that's the basis.

Last edited:
I still have MOTM over MOTM2 as well... Both are great albums
i love Teleport 2 Me but I think you guys are a little delusional over "the work" you think it would have done on the radio.

I have friends who are radio producers/club DJs.  they'd play the song.  People didn't like it.

Way more people find that song annoying than people who enjoy it.  I loved the original Desire song he sampled for it, so I'm the among the latter but most people aren't into it.

Look at Thrift Shop.  If people want a song and request it enough it'll be on the radio.  I realize there's a lot more that goes into it and it isn't just THAT simple but that's the basis.

I think that will forever be his issue. Casual rap fans don't like him. They hear his music and say "oh he can't rap" but cudi doesn't make rap music. He doesn't fit that box. The stations that play rap prob got a lot of bad reviews about his songs. But i swear Teleport 2 Me could have been a POP hit. It was incredibly catchy. If it would have been played on your popular hit music station it would have been met with better reviews. Hell not even saying "this is kid cudi" just say and here is WZRD with...teleport to me jaime. People go into music with a preconceived notion of sound and it slants their opinion

With everything that is kinda that syth pop that is big now from MGMT to Passion Pit to Beach house...i think he sounds more like that then actual rap music. And since those bands are very popular now i think he would be too.

All my opinion :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom