Kids collecting J's

do what you like, if you like it buy it but remember the history has a lot more meaning to the shoe than the brand itself

i started collectly around when i was 12. i bought shoes a size bigger in a 9.5, now i wear 11. i cant still wear some if i take out the insoles and squeeze inthere. buy bigger, but if you have an older brother everyones gonna say theyre his shoes
laugh.gif

yeah im 15 and ben colecting for a year... i have 13 pairs of shoes overall and 11 of them are J's. i even had a DMP pack (6&11) but sold it..... :/

try to anticipate your full grow shoe size i guess
if thats possible...i think i was about a 10.5 when i was 13
and grew into a size 12 by 15, and thats what i stayed

otherwise i see no point in amassing a collection, waste of money
you'll just want to do it twice in the end

then - start with the 3, 4, and 5 because you are too young to
really appreciate the context of any model so just trust me - these are good ones

and - always stick with og colorways - i can't stress that enough...
some might disagree but those are always the best ones

Buy heat what you like not what you think others will like. Buy an extra size bigger just so that you can grow into them and be careful once your addicted tocollecting you can't get out.lol. Same happened with me.

buy what you like...

if you like fusions, cop fusions... if you like nike basketball, cop nike basketball...

dont listen to guys on here that tell you which shoe is more important... you get what YOU want cuz they just tellin you what THEY want...

Good lookin guys yea im going to by what I like pretty much retros under XIV but im open to stuff also any good websites the you all request from some goodprices?

i scope the niketalk buy/sell forum.... but i got yet to cop somethin... boys be right on there, though...

and ebay... gotta love ebay.... the only thing is you gotta bid against cats who got the same love w/ deeper pockets... lol...

Don't buy OG's at your age. They're too expensive. Stick to retros (no fusions tho). Above all, at your age, only buy what you intend to wearimmediately because your feet are still growing ... if you're like me, they will grow to a point and then shrink back down about a size when you finishgrowing. So with your shoe size being so unpredictable it doesn't make sense to keep anything on ice.

I wouldn't start stocking shoes for the long term until I was at least 19 and with some sort of regular income (student loans or a job). And even then,don't take it overboard. You will wake up one day like I did a couple years ago and realize you have like 50 pairs of shoes that you never really intend onwearing b/c you just bought them on a whim and you liked the way they looked at the time. Then you will sell off like 90% of your collection and only keep thestuff you really really like and will probably wear at some point.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Don't buy OG's at your age. They're too expensive. Stick to retros (no fusions tho). Above all, at your age, only buy what you intend to wear immediately because your feet are still growing ... if you're like me, they will grow to a point and then shrink back down about a size when you finish growing. So with your shoe size being so unpredictable it doesn't make sense to keep anything on ice.

I wouldn't start stocking shoes for the long term until I was at least 19 and with some sort of regular income (student loans or a job). And even then, don't take it overboard. You will wake up one day like I did a couple years ago and realize you have like 50 pairs of shoes that you never really intend on wearing b/c you just bought them on a whim and you liked the way they looked at the time. Then you will sell off like 90% of your collection and only keep the stuff you really really like and will probably wear at some point.

see what i told you?.... cop what you like, bro... dont listen to cats on here...

if you like a fusion, then cop a fusion....

Originally Posted by JE15306

i started around at 12 years old and am still into em. Dont mess wit fakes or fusions they not worth it
thats when i started. and yeah forget the fusions and fakes.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Take care of your shoes. You'll thank me later.

That is a huge part, man always wear force-fields. I mean some shoes crease and some don't but I really don't wanna find out with a huge crease in myshoe, cuz once its there your screwed. And just because a pair seems like its gettin old and you start to dislike it don't trash it, keep it nice and keepit boxed up for a couple months and guarantee you break it out the closet a few months later you'll be stoked to rock em again. Just have fun with it andthats it. Lots of great times like waitin in line and stuff. People complain about it but thats one of my favorite things about collecting. I mean I kinda missit cuz now I work at a shoe store so I don't have to but I used to really enjoy it.

im 14 and got 32 pairs. well a mix between sb's and j's. But yeah stay away from fakes and dont buy those crappy jordans

Originally Posted by BKE420

im 14 and got 32 pairs. well a mix between sb's and j's. But yeah stay away from fakes and dont buy those crappy jordans
May I ask why?

goddamn, you must have some giving parents
eek.gif

no fakes, no fusions, thats all you need to know. Stick with the sig line

Keep them clean. Try to wipe them down daily w/ Armor All cleaning wipes. Throw silica gel pack in each box.

those forcefields are so uncomfortable... and i find they barely fit in any of my aj's feels like im pushing my foot in ??

dang thats hype oh guys i just tured 14 by the way and trust me when i get some major paper coming my way all the time and have what i need thenxt thing on my list j's

It's going to b an expensive hobby. Find a taste that you like, for example my collection just consist of OG Jordan colorways not this other
garbage that's out.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

i started alittle earlier than that age and my advise no fakes , no fusions and keep up on info and before any major pick up on ebay do research ! for any picks up you look to cop from 2004 and lower heres a site called air-jordans.com remember it , it will be your friend and get you out of many situations with fakes/ebay and in copping older jordans meaning ogs and 1999-2004 retros allways check inside tag and be careful and remember no fusions and your all set and good luck in getting up your collection and remember buy what you like not whats hype - peace

ps - jw how many kicks you got so far ?
that sums it up!

Back
Top Bottom