Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music

Anyone check this out yet? I've given it a couple of spins...Killer Mike has yet to disappoint. 
That track about Reagan? Fire. 

This is out???? The &@*#???.....well, will be listened to
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This a tape or an album?

Can't ever know a damn thing in advance when it comes to Killer Mike here out West.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Can't ever know a damn thing in advance when it comes to Killer Mike here out West.
30t6p3b.gif

Right
30t6p3b.gif
Good news though; new Bigga is always appreciated.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This a tape or an album?

30t6p3b.gif

I'm on the West myself...just gotta keep up on certain blogs (although my blogs ALL missed the recent Mac Mall release)
Definitely plays like an album. 12 brand new tracks no remixes no fillers...100 percent grade-a killa.

Yep, actual album
post_4fa93c9e90b955.73116723.jpg

01 Big Beast [ft. Bun B, T.I., and Trouble]
02 Untitled [ft. Scar]
03 Go!
04 Southern Fried
05 Jo Jo's Chillin
06 Reagan
07 Don't Die
08 Ghetto Gospel
09 Butane (Champion's Anthem) [ft. El-P]
10 Anywhere But Here [ft. Emily Panic]
11. Willie Burke Sherwood
12 R.A.P. Music

After one listen, absolute fire and, the best tape/album/whatever i've heard so far this year.  Only thing holding back each release in the pledge series, imo, was the occasionally inconsistent production. With El-P on the boards for the whole thing, that issue is gone and allows Mike to shine.  Too early to tell, but very well might end up being my favorite release of his, period.

Originally Posted by amohoop34

After one listen, absolute fire and, the best tape/album/whatever i've heard so far this year.  Only thing holding back each release in the pledge series, imo, was the occasionally inconsistent production. With El-P on the boards for the whole thing, that issue is gone and allows Mike to shine.  Too early to tell, but very well might end up being my favorite release of his, period.

Yeah...I've given it 3 spins so far and I'm lovin it. 
I know what you're saying about the Pledge series...although, it does seem like his albums are getting progressively better. 3>2>1 imo. 

Really good to see some Killer Mike love on here. Been a fan of his for awhile. Reminds me of Ice Cube when he was in his early/mid 90's angry phase.

I'll buy it next week, bought of all his other albums. Easily one of the best rappers out

this album is dope...I listened to it all day. Killer Mike's raps mesh really well with El-P's production. Very reminiscent of early Bomb Squad stuff.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

Originally Posted by amohoop34

Yeah...I've given it 3 spins so far and I'm lovin it. 
I know what you're saying about the Pledge series...although, it does seem like his albums are getting progressively better. 3>2>1 imo. 

While I think 2 is the best of the pledge series, I agree in spirit with your point. Each release has been more consistent all the way through than the one before and an easier listen. I just think vol 2's highpoints were great enough to overxome the shakier moments.

El-P production
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would love it if more former mainstream acts like Mike collared with underground rappers like El-P

Back
Top Bottom