Kingdom Come Revisited Vol: 4 years later

I remember NT buzzing like never before when this album was first mentioned and almost shutting down by the rapid posts during the Grammy Family Freestyle. When it first leaked it was hated upon immediately being insulted with names like "Frisbee" and "weedplate". Many people believed it was because of the drastic change in subject compared to TBA. 4 years later I sense that the hate has lowered compared what it was when it was originally released. I've prepared a track by track breakdown:

1.The Prelude: Arguably the best song on the album. Great lyrics and production 5/5
pimp.gif

2.Oh My God: Def the best beat bar none. High energy and and the shots at Jim Jones and other detractors were def appreciated 5/5
pimp.gif
happy.gif

3.Kingdom Come: A small step down lyrically from the 2 previous songs but not much. The superhero references were a nice tie in to the title and overall     the song is pretty cool. 4/5
4. Show Me What You Got: Awesome beat medicore lyrics. Seems like a 40 years olds version of Just Give It 2 Me 3/5
5. Lost One: Obvious swipe a Dame, solid second verse, and heartfelt 3rd verse. Nothing more nothing less 4/5
6. Do U Wanna Ride: It took me a while to get into this song but when I did it became my fav track. Deep lyrics that everyone can relate to 5/5
7. 30 Something: Trying to convince himself he's as young and trendy as the current rappers at the time were...............pass 3/5
8. I Made It: Dude you'll never recreate Mama Loves Me get over it 2/5
9. Anything: Hilarious Trainwreck 2.5/5
10. Hollywood: The worst J and B collabo ever 1/5
11. Trouble: Nice defiant veteran lyrics and but god awful beat. The shots at Wayne had to hurt
roll.gif
4.5/5
12. Dig A Hole: The beef had died down compared to what it was and the song showed. The verse on Hustlin RMX was def better
eyes.gif
3.5/5
13. Minority Report: Dope concept that def captured a lot of peoples feeling towards the Katrina situation
14. Beach Chair: Mystic trainwreck. Predecessor to Froever Young but not as good but still ok. 3/5

Overall: 3.5/5 Dope concept/sloppy execution

Discuss

I remember NT buzzing like never before when this album was first mentioned and almost shutting down by the rapid posts during the Grammy Family Freestyle. When it first leaked it was hated upon immediately being insulted with names like "Frisbee" and "weedplate". Many people believed it was because of the drastic change in subject compared to TBA. 4 years later I sense that the hate has lowered compared what it was when it was originally released. I've prepared a track by track breakdown:

1.The Prelude: Arguably the best song on the album. Great lyrics and production 5/5
pimp.gif

2.Oh My God: Def the best beat bar none. High energy and and the shots at Jim Jones and other detractors were def appreciated 5/5
pimp.gif
happy.gif

3.Kingdom Come: A small step down lyrically from the 2 previous songs but not much. The superhero references were a nice tie in to the title and overall     the song is pretty cool. 4/5
4. Show Me What You Got: Awesome beat medicore lyrics. Seems like a 40 years olds version of Just Give It 2 Me 3/5
5. Lost One: Obvious swipe a Dame, solid second verse, and heartfelt 3rd verse. Nothing more nothing less 4/5
6. Do U Wanna Ride: It took me a while to get into this song but when I did it became my fav track. Deep lyrics that everyone can relate to 5/5
7. 30 Something: Trying to convince himself he's as young and trendy as the current rappers at the time were...............pass 3/5
8. I Made It: Dude you'll never recreate Mama Loves Me get over it 2/5
9. Anything: Hilarious Trainwreck 2.5/5
10. Hollywood: The worst J and B collabo ever 1/5
11. Trouble: Nice defiant veteran lyrics and but god awful beat. The shots at Wayne had to hurt
roll.gif
4.5/5
12. Dig A Hole: The beef had died down compared to what it was and the song showed. The verse on Hustlin RMX was def better
eyes.gif
3.5/5
13. Minority Report: Dope concept that def captured a lot of peoples feeling towards the Katrina situation
14. Beach Chair: Mystic trainwreck. Predecessor to Froever Young but not as good but still ok. 3/5

Overall: 3.5/5 Dope concept/sloppy execution

Discuss

I always liked the album. Never to this day have I heard Hollywood or Anything in its entirety tho.

I always liked the album. Never to this day have I heard Hollywood or Anything in its entirety tho.

I can respect your review...

I disagree with Beach Chair and 30 Something numbers.

It was nowhere near the greatest Jay-Z record.. But it is not awful, it is not great... It is good..

It was nowhere near the greatest Jay-Z record.. But it is not awful, it is not great... It is good..

Originally Posted by Essential1

In your opinion what would u have given them? I'll admit for a while 30 something was my fav track from the album but i never got into Beach Chair.

In your opinion what would u have given them? I'll admit for a while 30 something was my fav track from the album but i never got into Beach Chair.

Only three songs prevented this album from being a GREAT album.
Anything, Hollywood, and Dig A Hole were mediocre IMO.

The people who didn't like this album are probably the same people who still check for Cam'ron.

The people who didn't like this album are probably the same people who still check for Cam'ron.

Originally Posted by Nucky Thompson

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Beach Chair 4.5/5  The introspective side of the song, mixed with the image/ life stage Jay was at when KC dropped are perfectly matched...  I could see why people wouldn't be into it is the hook is beyond over dramatic to me...

30 Something 4/5...

Beach Chair 4.5/5  The introspective side of the song, mixed with the image/ life stage Jay was at when KC dropped are perfectly matched...  I could see why people wouldn't be into it is the hook is beyond over dramatic to me...

30 Something 4/5...

roll.gif
It's true though...
They expected Hov to come with the same shtick like his old albums.

He did a 180 on them and came with some progressive $+!% that they couldn't understand, and they labeled it as wack.

The subject matter is different but the music remains dope.

No wonder Hov is and always will be relevant 

roll.gif
It's true though...
They expected Hov to come with the same shtick like his old albums.

He did a 180 on them and came with some progressive $+!% that they couldn't understand, and they labeled it as wack.

The subject matter is different but the music remains dope.

No wonder Hov is and always will be relevant 

what is there not to get?

the album is not that good

a couple good songs but collectively, the album is skippable

recently deleted it off my itunes due to the lack of plays, no replay value

Back
Top Bottom