Kingdom Come Revisited Vol: 4 years later

I've gone back and tried to play this whole CD three or four different times. It is BEYOND horrible, I don't understand how people talk so much about "Nastradamus" but this sh is ok? Not making this a Nas vs Jay thread but this album is really just awful. I'm a Jay fan, bought every CD of his but this joint is just s h i t 
Vol. 2 is a 4/5 CD, album was so dope when it came out. I remember everyone playing that album

I've gone back and tried to play this whole CD three or four different times. It is BEYOND horrible, I don't understand how people talk so much about "Nastradamus" but this sh is ok? Not making this a Nas vs Jay thread but this album is really just awful. I'm a Jay fan, bought every CD of his but this joint is just s h i t 
Vol. 2 is a 4/5 CD, album was so dope when it came out. I remember everyone playing that album

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

Nah...Vol. 2 is > KC off of his flow/cadence back then alone.

Yea Vol.2 was lyrically better in most ways. But listening to the album the beats sound dated.

Yea Vol.2 was lyrically better in most ways. But listening to the album the beats sound dated.

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

QFT the beats were probably hot back then but overall Vol.2 aged terribly

Originally Posted by gunnascott

I was 5 when the album first dropped
laugh.gif
but just hearing it now i just dont feel the beats. Most of them are hit or miss. Still a solid album even if it is his worse.

I was 5 when the album first dropped
laugh.gif
but just hearing it now i just dont feel the beats. Most of them are hit or miss. Still a solid album even if it is his worse.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I can respect your review...

I disagree with Beach Chair and 30 Something numbers.

It was nowhere near the greatest Jay-Z record.. But it is not awful, it is not great... It is good..

In your opinion what would u have given them? I'll admit for a while 30 something was my fav track from the album but i never got into Beach Chair.
Beach Chair 4.5/5  The introspective side of the song, mixed with the image/ life stage Jay was at when KC dropped are perfectly matched...  I could see why people wouldn't be into it is the hook is beyond over dramatic to me...

30 Something 4/5...
Truth.

The album was hot trash though. Any non stan should see that.

I can respect your review...

I disagree with Beach Chair and 30 Something numbers.

It was nowhere near the greatest Jay-Z record.. But it is not awful, it is not great... It is good..

In your opinion what would u have given them? I'll admit for a while 30 something was my fav track from the album but i never got into Beach Chair.
Beach Chair 4.5/5  The introspective side of the song, mixed with the image/ life stage Jay was at when KC dropped are perfectly matched...  I could see why people wouldn't be into it is the hook is beyond over dramatic to me...

30 Something 4/5...
Truth.

The album was hot trash though. Any non stan should see that.

Back
Top Bottom