Kingdom Come Revisited Vol: 4 years later

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

2.Oh My God: Beat is amazing, like PSA on coke. Jay didn't show up lyrically. 3/5

The first verse alone says otherwise.

3.Kingdom Come: JB had this beat on his Myspace like a year before KC. Not wack but should not be on an album 3/5

So? Either way the beat is still bonkers, and Jay went in.

4. Show Me What You Got: That beat is just....greatness. Again, Jay is rapping about too much money. Snoozefest lyrically. 3/5
5. Lost One: Weak sauce. And who the *%%$ picked this for a single? 1/5

SMWYG is supposed to be more of a club single, not a lyrical kind of song. And you complain about Jay rapping too much about money, then diss what he does in Lost One? Wow.

8. I Made It: Have never been able to make it all the way through this. 0/5

Again, he doesn't rap about money here, and you don't even bother to listen to what he's saying?

9. Anything: LOL. 0/5

Eh, we can agree here.

12. Dig A Hole: Terrible. 0/5

Jay went here too. Especially seeing how the subject of the song's career pretty much became irrelevant since the mid 00s - it was almost too easy. "It's nothin' but a hobby to him/Simple like serve and volley to him"

13. Minority Report: I have no interest in hearing Jay-Z talk about Hurricane Katrina. 0/5

Aye. No comment.

14. Beach Chair: Won't turn it off if it comes on but will never go out of my way to listen to it. 3/5

Jay has always been one to close an album strong, and he channels his The Black Album introspection here. This is one of the best album cuts.

2.Oh My God: Beat is amazing, like PSA on coke. Jay didn't show up lyrically. 3/5

The first verse alone says otherwise.

3.Kingdom Come: JB had this beat on his Myspace like a year before KC. Not wack but should not be on an album 3/5

So? Either way the beat is still bonkers, and Jay went in.

4. Show Me What You Got: That beat is just....greatness. Again, Jay is rapping about too much money. Snoozefest lyrically. 3/5
5. Lost One: Weak sauce. And who the *%%$ picked this for a single? 1/5

SMWYG is supposed to be more of a club single, not a lyrical kind of song. And you complain about Jay rapping too much about money, then diss what he does in Lost One? Wow.

8. I Made It: Have never been able to make it all the way through this. 0/5

Again, he doesn't rap about money here, and you don't even bother to listen to what he's saying?

9. Anything: LOL. 0/5

Eh, we can agree here.

12. Dig A Hole: Terrible. 0/5

Jay went here too. Especially seeing how the subject of the song's career pretty much became irrelevant since the mid 00s - it was almost too easy. "It's nothin' but a hobby to him/Simple like serve and volley to him"

13. Minority Report: I have no interest in hearing Jay-Z talk about Hurricane Katrina. 0/5

Aye. No comment.

14. Beach Chair: Won't turn it off if it comes on but will never go out of my way to listen to it. 3/5

Jay has always been one to close an album strong, and he channels his The Black Album introspection here. This is one of the best album cuts.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by Murda He

Always liked it....
Said it would sound even better as we matured as listeners...

I feel validated.

Well in that case, I guess i'll have to be 100+ to mature enough to enjoy your 'music.'
Eat some breakfast first.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by Murda He

Always liked it....
Said it would sound even better as we matured as listeners...

I feel validated.

Well in that case, I guess i'll have to be 100+ to mature enough to enjoy your 'music.'
Eat some breakfast first.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

You listened to AG once? Sheesh, that album is excellent.

a modern day classic
Whats the difference between a classic and a modern classic?
u seen what kinda releases AG was surrounded with?
That doesnt answer my question. I wanna know is he saying that modern classics(2000-present) arent as good as classics from previous eras

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

You listened to AG once? Sheesh, that album is excellent.

a modern day classic
Whats the difference between a classic and a modern classic?
u seen what kinda releases AG was surrounded with?
That doesnt answer my question. I wanna know is he saying that modern classics(2000-present) arent as good as classics from previous eras

Back
Top Bottom