Knowing the risks, how can you smoke?

Je Ne Sais Quoi wrote:
There are no guarantees in life.
It's not guaranteed that you'll die from smoking, nor is it guaranteed that you won't die from it.
Life is a short gamble, do what you want.

QFT but it would suck if I knew I was gonna die on account of me being stupid.

Just imagine how cats feel when they die of lung cancer and are smokers
tired.gif

Je Ne Sais Quoi wrote:
It's not guaranteed that you'll die from smoking, nor is it guaranteed that you won't die from it.

QFT but it would suck if I knew I was gonna die on account of me being stupid.

Just imagine how cats feel when they die of lung cancer and are smokers
tired.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I'm not addicted.

Cancer is in your genes. I want to see a ratio of people who have been smoking their whole lives vs. people who got lung cancer AND smoked.

It really isn't as bad as they try to tell you it is.

I have 2-5/day btw.. unless I'm drinking then it's substantially more.
Stupidest reply on NT today.

By far.

This isn't to insult you, its to hope that you open your eyes the dangers that present themselves to you.

I'm not addicted.

Cancer is in your genes. I want to see a ratio of people who have been smoking their whole lives vs. people who got lung cancer AND smoked.

By far.

This isn't to insult you, its to hope that you open your eyes the dangers that present themselves to you.

thats why i just quit. i only smoke about 4-5 cigs a day but i have asthma and im currently going thru bronchitis for the second time SMH. but this bottle of codeine is keeping me feeling good
pimp.gif

thats why i just quit. i only smoke about 4-5 cigs a day but i have asthma and im currently going thru bronchitis for the second time SMH. but this bottle of codeine is keeping me feeling good
pimp.gif

smoked for a good 8 years and just quit 3 months ago. best i have ever felt in my life now the smell of cigarettes makes me 
sick.gif

smoked for a good 8 years and just quit 3 months ago. best i have ever felt in my life now the smell of cigarettes makes me 
sick.gif

Risk? I take enough risk walking down the street and driving my car throughout LA, Im sure a cig is the least of my worries on a typical day.

Risk? I take enough risk walking down the street and driving my car throughout LA, Im sure a cig is the least of my worries on a typical day.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

This. I don't smoke anything if it matters. 

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

This. I don't smoke anything if it matters. 

Because

Nicotine --> stimulates nicotinic receptor at the neurological subtype --> which stimulates increased levels of dopamine in the reward circuits of the brain. Dopamine is responsible for the euphoria and relaxation.

Because

Nicotine --> stimulates nicotinic receptor at the neurological subtype --> which stimulates increased levels of dopamine in the reward circuits of the brain. Dopamine is responsible for the euphoria and relaxation.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I'm not addicted.

By far.

It was rather bold/misleading, but let's be honest.. if it was THAT bad for you they'd take it off the market
even though it earns billions in revenue from the taxes they put on it 
laugh.gif

Well, can someone put me on the dangers of smoking, from an unbiased and motivated perspective? I'm tired of hearing "because it's gross and this old guy who smoked just died of lung cancer". 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I'm not addicted.

By far.

It was rather bold/misleading, but let's be honest.. if it was THAT bad for you they'd take it off the market
even though it earns billions in revenue from the taxes they put on it 
laugh.gif

Well, can someone put me on the dangers of smoking, from an unbiased and motivated perspective? I'm tired of hearing "because it's gross and this old guy who smoked just died of lung cancer". 

I'm pretty sure a cigar every now and then isn't shortening your life at all

I'm pretty sure a cigar every now and then isn't shortening your life at all

I'm a clove smoker, and the idea that i'm killing myself at a much faster pace doesn't really bother me, I go through only a pack every week and a half anyway.

Back
Top Bottom