Knowing the risks, how can you smoke?

Don't really smoke on the regular, I actually don't even like cig's but once in a while while drinking/partying on the weekend i'll smoke a little bit of tobacco with the occasional green

but I don't have an addictive personality anyways. I've gone through a little phase where i smoked a few times weekly but it was quite easy to stop for me

fyi, I've seen both ends of the risks. I know people who have died from lung cancer, where smoking definitely seemed like it contributed. On the other hand, my own grandma smoked all her life and lived to be almost 100 years old. She died of natural causes/old age. She smoked daily

Don't really smoke on the regular, I actually don't even like cig's but once in a while while drinking/partying on the weekend i'll smoke a little bit of tobacco with the occasional green

but I don't have an addictive personality anyways. I've gone through a little phase where i smoked a few times weekly but it was quite easy to stop for me

fyi, I've seen both ends of the risks. I know people who have died from lung cancer, where smoking definitely seemed like it contributed. On the other hand, my own grandma smoked all her life and lived to be almost 100 years old. She died of natural causes/old age. She smoked daily

When smokers say "yeah but you could die in a car accident, or get hit by a bus, or struck by lightning, you can't be afraid to live their life"... I understand their reasoning, but fail to understand the logic. Yes, everyday while driving I could be killed, but I also don't not wear my seatbelt, do 25 mph over the limit, and drive recklessly, further increasing my chances of dying. I could get hit by a bus, but I also don't blindly walk around city streets... or sure, I could be struck by lightning, but I don't hold a 10 foot metal pole during thunderstorms.

I get the idea that you should enjoy life and not worry as much, but having that attitude is one thing, then knowingly decreasing your life by smoking is completely different. To me, there's enough that could potentially end your life prematurely, I don't want to help out by smoking and aiding in my inevitable death. Having said that, I'd say by now nearly everyone who smokes knows the dangers and risks, so if they still choose to do so, what are you going to do? It's their life, and so long as they don't smoke around me, more power to them. I won't judge other people's actions, especially considering I have my own faults and problems.

One interesting thing to consider, those who are so quick to criticize smokers, yet are overweight and don't regularly exercise... or who drink excessively... or who have their own vices, they don't deal with the same judgment as smokers do. Not saying you have to sympathize with smokers, but I'm sure many have criticized those who smoke personally and told them they're wrong... yet how many of us tell our overweight friends or family members... "Hey fatty, put down that cheeseburger and eat a salad" or "don't just sit on that couch, go out and exercise". Yet, we have no problem insulting or criticizing smokers without hesitation.

When smokers say "yeah but you could die in a car accident, or get hit by a bus, or struck by lightning, you can't be afraid to live their life"... I understand their reasoning, but fail to understand the logic. Yes, everyday while driving I could be killed, but I also don't not wear my seatbelt, do 25 mph over the limit, and drive recklessly, further increasing my chances of dying. I could get hit by a bus, but I also don't blindly walk around city streets... or sure, I could be struck by lightning, but I don't hold a 10 foot metal pole during thunderstorms.

I get the idea that you should enjoy life and not worry as much, but having that attitude is one thing, then knowingly decreasing your life by smoking is completely different. To me, there's enough that could potentially end your life prematurely, I don't want to help out by smoking and aiding in my inevitable death. Having said that, I'd say by now nearly everyone who smokes knows the dangers and risks, so if they still choose to do so, what are you going to do? It's their life, and so long as they don't smoke around me, more power to them. I won't judge other people's actions, especially considering I have my own faults and problems.

One interesting thing to consider, those who are so quick to criticize smokers, yet are overweight and don't regularly exercise... or who drink excessively... or who have their own vices, they don't deal with the same judgment as smokers do. Not saying you have to sympathize with smokers, but I'm sure many have criticized those who smoke personally and told them they're wrong... yet how many of us tell our overweight friends or family members... "Hey fatty, put down that cheeseburger and eat a salad" or "don't just sit on that couch, go out and exercise". Yet, we have no problem insulting or criticizing smokers without hesitation.

I really hope that people who are so anti-smoking are just as fervently against other habits that are detrimental to your health.

I really hope that people who are so anti-smoking are just as fervently against other habits that are detrimental to your health.

I could care less if people smoke, the only problem I have is when people are inconsiderate and smoke in situations where second hand smoke is unavoidable.

I could care less if people smoke, the only problem I have is when people are inconsiderate and smoke in situations where second hand smoke is unavoidable.

In high school I used to smoke hookah with my friends almost twice a week. After I graduated and started taking bio classes in college I gave up hookah and don't miss it at all.

In high school I used to smoke hookah with my friends almost twice a week. After I graduated and started taking bio classes in college I gave up hookah and don't miss it at all.

I don't know how you dudes smoke black & milds and enjoy it.

On a weekly average, I smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day and feel like its something I can stop at a drop of a pin but don't feel obligated to at the moment. I know sooooo many people that have been chain smoking cigs since pre-teen/early teen days and knowing I only started in my very late teens is comforting.

I don't know how you dudes smoke black & milds and enjoy it.

On a weekly average, I smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day and feel like its something I can stop at a drop of a pin but don't feel obligated to at the moment. I know sooooo many people that have been chain smoking cigs since pre-teen/early teen days and knowing I only started in my very late teens is comforting.

I smoked through most of high school, and since ive been in college which is two and half months.

The thing is i sorta miss it not because i need it or am still addicted. Im actually no longer addicted. I kinda of see it as a social activity which is why i miss it. When my friends say you wanna to go outside to have a cig, epscially when your drinking or whatever. I kind of enjoyed it, didnt feel that i needed it. I never really think about what its gonna do to me way down the road, cause its way down the road.

I did bum one off a friend a week ago or so to see how it felt months later. I couldnt even take two hits it was so harsh on my lungs lol. Which is hard to believe considering how much i used to smoke.

At the same time its a good feeling to know i dont need to have a ciggerette like most do.

I smoked through most of high school, and since ive been in college which is two and half months.

The thing is i sorta miss it not because i need it or am still addicted. Im actually no longer addicted. I kinda of see it as a social activity which is why i miss it. When my friends say you wanna to go outside to have a cig, epscially when your drinking or whatever. I kind of enjoyed it, didnt feel that i needed it. I never really think about what its gonna do to me way down the road, cause its way down the road.

I did bum one off a friend a week ago or so to see how it felt months later. I couldnt even take two hits it was so harsh on my lungs lol. Which is hard to believe considering how much i used to smoke.

At the same time its a good feeling to know i dont need to have a ciggerette like most do.

Quit smoking after 6 years, kinda just got over it. Sticking with just the green 
pimp.gif

Only smoke trees...never tried anything else, don't plan on it either.

I feel like I need to stop smoking blunts though

Only smoke trees...never tried anything else, don't plan on it either.

I feel like I need to stop smoking blunts though

Back
Top Bottom