Kobe Bryant haters, please come in and give me a legit reason

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Treats people like trash and thinks he can get away with it (ie: his maid).

Cheats on his wife.
You must hate a good number of athletes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I don't "hate" him. He's an incredible, HOF-bound player.

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene of someone's personal life.

and this is what you quoted:

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
contradicting urself much?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How am I contradicting myself?

He's selfish because he broke up a team (based on his selfishness) that could of won another 3 titles.
He's a quitter because of game 7 vs. Phoenix when his team was getting scraped, he quit on his team.
He's a crybaby because every time the whistle isn't blown, he has to cry about it.
The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on his wife.

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake %+%+ on the court to get calls also.

KIDS in full effect.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Funny cuz the reasons some are stating could be said about many athletes.

I like Kobe but whoever said he's trying to be another person is on the right track it's due to the trial and image repairing.

I disagree completely. You're not paying attention to what we're saying. We're not just saying "he's arrogant." There are plenty of other pro athletes WAY more arrogant. Hell, half of the wide receivers in the NFL have egos bigger than Kobe's. That's not the whole story with Kobe.
Ok, but really there have been others who have done way more than Kobe to show an awful personality complex. The hate is and was never as strongfor them as it is for Kobe.

Also lets not forget Jordan is his mentor and who he patterns his media time around. Jordan never dove in personally with the media he stayed on subject likeBobby Knight. You may get a blip here and there of the real Jordan but if some of ya'll young folk knew more about MJ, he clearly said in more than onebook only his circle of friends know who he really is. A few in that circle, Damon Wayans, Amahad Rashad, and Chuck.

Kobe is also in there Jordan took him under his wing this whole time since '97 and folks don't even realize it. Probably moreso than Jerry West.

I just think people need to back up if you are an objective fan, let the real haters hate.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
how people say his actions are phony and fake you dont even know the guy
roll.gif
yall juss goin off the media even when yall say yall dont u do causethats wer yall gettin yalls fuel for your hate from people in the media like bill simmons

Cause he's a loser. The last two Finals appearances dude was nowhere to be found. You might call him a 3 time champion but I refer to him as a 2 timeLOSER!

laugh.gif
This thread cracks me up. The things people say to justify their "hate" towards a person they don't even know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Cause he's a loser. The last two Finals appearances dude was nowhere to be found. You might call him a 3 time champion but I refer to him as a 2 time LOSER!
so would you call Magic Johnson a 4x loser

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.
It doesn't. I can say he's one of the best 3 players on Earth, but it doesn't keep me from hating him.

He's so disingenuous. That's probably the most hate-able characteristic for celebrities and high profile athletes.

An you can't even bring Lebron into the mix because for the most part he's a personable and like-able personality. It's not the same.

Agreeing with Bastitch.

Add to that, I still choose to believe that he was a rapist lol (even if I highly doubt it, my hate won't let me think otherwise).
Drinking the haterade!

The sports and training forum should just be re-named "The Kobe Forum": for specific discussion on theplayer #24.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene of someone's personal life.

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's selfish because he broke up a team (based on his selfishness) that could of won another 3 titles.
He's a quitter because of game 7 vs. Phoenix when his team was getting scraped, he quit on his team.
He's a crybaby because every time the whistle isn't blown, he has to cry about it.
The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on his wife.

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake #*%@ on the court to get calls also.

Also, he's over-hyped. The man has accomplished nothing without Shaq. I was just having this conversation with my boy yesterday. Unless Kobe wins this year (and I'm going to put an asterisk next to that title because I don't feel they would of beat the Rockets if Yao didn't go down, and also there's no way they would beat a healthy Boston), he is the same player to me as McGrady and Iverson.

McGrady in Orlando had a wack team. He led the league in scoring a couple years. He went to 3-1 in a playoff series vs. the number 1 seed, and ended up losing. McGrady never got past the first round with his wack team. Doesn't this sound just like Kobe in 2005-2007? (btw, I'm not including T-Mac's Houston years because those teams have never been healthy. We all know that a 2009 Rockets squad with a healthy Yao and T-Mac is a problem).

Iverson in 2001 had an MVP season, had only a decent team, but carried that team to the finals (only because the East was wack, only to get scraped by the Lakers. Kobe did the same thing last year, except he played in a tougher West, but also had a much better team than Iverson. He won MVP, took his team to the finals, and got scraped.

Ok, so you're telling me he's over-hyped, yet he was the face and image of the league after Jordan left for how many years? That doesn't make a bita sense. As far as the Rockets thing goes without Yao, you're just looking for stuff to pick out. Injuries happen, everywhere. Even if that had any bit oflegitmacy to it, he did the same thing last year. So there ya go.

Hasn't accomplished anything without Shaq? What did Magic accomplish without Kareem? Never won without him. Plus he had another HOF player in Worthy. Helost in the Finals just like Kobe did last year, except he only went to one, not two. Yet he's held in a whole other level than Kobe. So how does thatwork? You tell me.

The same as Iverson and T-Mac? You serious? All entered the league within two years and look at their level of play now. Can't even begin to compare causeKobe just blows them out of the water.

It's like you're just trying to pick out any imperfection with him. I'm not even a Kobe fan, but I can't begin to comprehend how he garners allthe hate he does.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Agreeing with Bastitch.

Add to that, I still choose to believe that he was a rapist lol (even if I highly doubt it, my hate won't let me think otherwise).
Drinking the haterade!
did u read the court transcript? the sex was consensual. pple assumed kobe was the rapist cuz the h03 already had 3 creampies in her

Kobe doesn't owe anyone anything, so who cares if he's an a-hole, unless he cursed you out, or was a a-hole to you, then you shouldn't care.

All he is, is a basketball player, it's just too bad that we know what he does or has done outside of the sport.

i didnt like how he tried mimicking mike when he came into the league (he still does but he's older now so its w/e)....and how he kept claiming to bebetter then Mike....

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

i didnt like how he tried mimicking mike when he came into the league (he still does but he's older now so its w/e)....and how he kept claiming to be better then Mike....
When did he say he was better than Mike?
nerd.gif

I just think that he reminds alot of people, of MJ.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake #*%@ on the court to get calls also.

Also, he's over-hyped. The man has accomplished nothing without Shaq. I was just having this conversation with my boy yesterday. Unless Kobe wins this year (and I'm going to put an asterisk next to that title because I don't feel they would of beat the Rockets if Yao didn't go down, and also there's no way they would beat a healthy Boston), he is the same player to me as McGrady and Iverson.

McGrady in Orlando had a wack team. He led the league in scoring a couple years. He went to 3-1 in a playoff series vs. the number 1 seed, and ended up losing. McGrady never got past the first round with his wack team. Doesn't this sound just like Kobe in 2005-2007? (btw, I'm not including T-Mac's Houston years because those teams have never been healthy. We all know that a 2009 Rockets squad with a healthy Yao and T-Mac is a problem).

Iverson in 2001 had an MVP season, had only a decent team, but carried that team to the finals (only because the East was wack, only to get scraped by the Lakers. Kobe did the same thing last year, except he played in a tougher West, but also had a much better team than Iverson. He won MVP, took his team to the finals, and got scraped.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this guys hate is off the charts
roll.gif
he is a quitter cause he didntplay hard for one half of his entire NBA career
then the adultery thing
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this guy is the hater of the year
roll.gif

hate is such a strong word lol

i respect his game, determination, hunger

i dislike his crying, selfishness, fakeness...

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

everyone likes jordan but he is 10x the a-hole kobe is

At least Jordan's persona was authentic. That's the main thing. I don't care if a person's an a-hole, as long as that's who they really are. It's the fakeness in people that I can't stand.
so are you saying kobe is not really an a-hole ???

Same reason laker fans hate Boston. Tradition. I hated Kobe when he came in I aint gonna change now until he leaves the Lakers which is never

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
yall juss goin off the media even when yall say yall dont u do cause thats wer yall gettin yalls fuel for your hate from people in the media like bill simmons

qft
So, I'm assuming you know Jordan and Kobe to agree that there's truth behind that statement.

You did laugh at people for not knowing Kobe and calling him phony.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
yall juss goin off the media even when yall say yall dont u do cause thats wer yall gettin yalls fuel for your hate from people in the media like bill simmons

qft
So, I'm assuming you know Jordan and Kobe to agree that there's truth behind that statement.

You did laugh at people for not knowing Kobe and calling him phony.
not really a-hole but arrogant MJ was and is more arrogant than Kobe

why does being arrogant make them an a a-hole if you want to be great you have to be arrogant

Funny cuz the reasons some are stating could be said about many athletes.
Exactly, but the thing that kills me is people hate kobe. But love a guy who hit his own teammate. And did basically everything kobe tries to dotoday.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom