Kobe Bryant haters, please come in and give me a legit reason

Originally Posted by IwearJORDAN4LIFE

I hate this D-head for flopping. Had his arms flew all over the air and hit peoples face to draw a foul. gave all those cheap shots. If you're one of the best players in the league right now is it necessary to do that? Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell & etc. I can understand. But from the top players? I don't remember in my era that players like Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Miller & some others being a dirty players and trying to draw a foul and swinging their arms and kick people in the face while the other player is down. Before I felt bad for him getting all the hates, but now I understand why. He's one of the dirty players in the league and sometimes he get away with it.
oh brother you fail...i hope youre not talking about reggie miller not being dirty

sure the mj push on russell wasnt getting away with stuff

you dont know the 90s era
laugh.gif

How are some of you saying that he's a quitter? You can't deny that he's one of the best players ever...and yes, i'm a fan of Kobe.

I hate the fact people compare him to MJ, yeah right! Dude wore the ugliest Adidas shoes for half his career how could you respect that
happy.gif

Originally Posted by irishbaz

I hate the fact people compare him to MJ, yeah right! Dude wore the ugliest Adidas shoes for half his career how could you respect that
happy.gif

Are you really comparing his game to his shoes...???

For me, it's the other way around. I used to like Kobe back in the day when he and Shaq were a good tandem back when they were Lakers teammates. I loveShaq and I like Kobe coz he is an aggressive player.

However, when he pulled every string he could so he could be the CORE of the team instead of Shaq by threatening the Lakers and Jerry Buss that he would opt tobe traded if they did not trade Shaq and let go of Phil, I realized this guy's selfish and arrogant. That was the year the Lakers were upset in the Finalsby the Pistons and guess who put up big numbers during that series.....SHAQ

After the defeat, they were pointing fingers and Kobe had the guts to point his finger on Shaq and Phil. The guy's an absolute nightmare if you are ateammate and coach. Phil called him UNCOACHABLE in his book, right?? MJ in all his greatness listened to Phil, what makes Kobe think he does not have to listento one of the greatest if not the greatest coaches of all time???

ARROGANCE and SELFISHNESS, those are the qualities of Kobe that could either hurt or help his team. For the most part, it has been detrimental.

That's why I hate Kobe....

Don't understand this... People hate him cuz he "broke up" the Lakers, but Phil Jackson forgave him. And now Shaq is rooting for him. If theydon't hate him, why should you ?

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

So i guess you don't respect michael jordan either than right? Because he also cheated on his wife.
laugh.gif
I guess its ok when Mike does it. Jordan could kill somebody and people would be like.
pimp.gif

But did MJ ever catch a rape charge? Kobe can't even slay groupies properly.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

So i guess you don't respect michael jordan either than right? Because he also cheated on his wife.
laugh.gif
I guess its ok when Mike does it. Jordan could kill somebody and people would be like.
pimp.gif
smh.gif

He caught the rape charge cause the broad was skitzo and was tryna black mail dude. He wasn't convicted so why hold that against him. Anybodyusin that rape charge as a reason is why America is messed up today. That's why dudes w/ even the slightest blimish on their records can't live anormal life. I don't condone him cheatin but can't shake my finger at him cause I too have cheated in the past. If the dude wasn't convicted letthe !%!! go

I used to hate Kobe when the Lakers were dominatin the league. He seemed mad cocky. I noticed that the long road he endured after the Shaq debockle has humbledhim as far as how he plays. He used to be on some AI stuff, wantin to be the center of attention, now he wants to be a team player and take over when needed.

He reminds me of MJ... Those fade aways... Clutch plays... His basketball technique is very similar with Jordan & he proves it too be effective. I like howhe plays, regardless of his life outside the court. Although I would still hope the Magics would win the Championship LOL

Originally Posted by revelation218

For me, it's the other way around. I used to like Kobe back in the day when he and Shaq were a good tandem back when they were Lakers teammates. I love Shaq and I like Kobe coz he is an aggressive player.

However, when he pulled every string he could so he could be the CORE of the team instead of Shaq by threatening the Lakers and Jerry Buss that he would opt to be traded if they did not trade Shaq and let go of Phil, I realized this guy's selfish and arrogant. That was the year the Lakers were upset in the Finals by the Pistons and guess who put up big numbers during that series.....SHAQ

After the defeat, they were pointing fingers and Kobe had the guts to point his finger on Shaq and Phil. The guy's an absolute nightmare if you are a teammate and coach. Phil called him UNCOACHABLE in his book, right?? MJ in all his greatness listened to Phil, what makes Kobe think he does not have to listen to one of the greatest if not the greatest coaches of all time???

ARROGANCE and SELFISHNESS, those are the qualities of Kobe that could either hurt or help his team. For the most part, it has been detrimental.

That's why I hate Kobe....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

It's pretty much common knowledge the Lakers were going to have to make a choice regardless....and any GM with a brain would have made the EXACT samechoice. He pulled no strings, he didn't force anyone out, and if you had any bit of a memory the first person wanting out was..*gasp* Shaq. Of course noone pays that any attention because it's so cool and easy to blame it on Kobe. He's just as arrogant and selfish as any other superstar that's everplayed including Mike. Let's just be totally honest the only reason any hates this dude is because of how his persona in the media is portrayed. Pre rapecase he was a media darling...couldn't do any wrong(sound familiar?) As soon as that happened, the hate started. What didn't help was Shaq showing upto camp out of shape AGAIN and then losing to the Pistons in the Finals. It seems to me that all you haters don't have a bit of common sense becauseit's ridiculous to believe he wouldn't have to have a contrived persona in the media. If they were more focused on his on court performance as opposedto his off court troubles...he wouldn't have to magnify his sorrow on camera. Simple really. Must suck to have to hate one of the greatest players everbecause he's "arrogant". Ridiculous.

^^ couldnt have said it better.

I mean seriously I doubt any superstar is REAL in the media, especially a superstar at kobes level who has been through a similar situation. This dude HAS towatch everything he says and does now, he's a freakin Comedian. The REAL you got from MJ is fake, the REAL you get from Lebron is fake, it just so happensto be the fake we like.

Today with internet and blogs and mass media image is almost everything. And when you take a baddd hit you gotta repair it by winning and thats what kobe'sdoing.

I really don't hate any player in the NBA, and the players i dislike i appreciate them for letting me be a fan of this game and disliking them. But yougotta respect talent when you see it. And if you don't see it in Kobe and don't respect it, then seriously you don't respect the NBA.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I don't "hate" him. He's an incredible, HOF-bound player.

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene of someone's personal life.

and this is what you quoted:

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
contradicting urself much?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How am I contradicting myself?

He's selfish because he broke up a team (based on his selfishness) that could of won another 3 titles.
False. I don't understand how people can say this. That team wasn't winning anymore titles...it had been 2 years since their last one. They were financially strapped. If they had kept that team together w/ Shaq and Kobe, it would've been another year with GP not fitting in, Rick Fox falling apart, etc. Malone was done as well. They had to semi-start over. The Shaq/Kobe combo could've still worked, but not on that team w/ those components around them.
He's a quitter because of game 7 vs. Phoenix when his team was getting scraped, he quit on his team.
I will give you this. He definitely quit in that second half. That was disappointing to see.
He's a crybaby because every time the whistle isn't blown, he has to cry about it.
Name me a great player who doesn't cry about calls. More than anything, hate the refs and Stern for letting this go on too long. Superstar calls should not exist. That only perpetuates the attitude of great players to think they deserve ticky-tack calls. But it ain't just Kobe. It's every great one.
The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on your wife.
Says the man w/ the Biggie avatar.
laugh.gif
You hate Money as well? I guess 95% of the NBA is little boys then. I never understood why someone would care so much about what a man is away from what they do in entertainment: music, movies, sports, etc.- enjoy them for what they do well.

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake #*%@ on the court to get calls also.

Also, he's over-hyped. The man has accomplished nothing without Shaq. I was just having this conversation with my boy yesterday. Unless Kobe wins this year (and I'm going to put an asterisk next to that title because I don't feel they would of beat the Rockets if Yao didn't go down, and also there's no way they would beat a healthy Boston), he is the same player to me as McGrady and Iverson.

McGrady in Orlando had a wack team. He led the league in scoring a couple years. He went to 3-1 in a playoff series vs. the number 1 seed, and ended up losing. McGrady never got past the first round with his wack team. Doesn't this sound just like Kobe in 2005-2007? (btw, I'm not including T-Mac's Houston years because those teams have never been healthy. We all know that a 2009 Rockets squad with a healthy Yao and T-Mac is a problem).

Iverson in 2001 had an MVP season, had only a decent team, but carried that team to the finals (only because the East was wack, only to get scraped by the Lakers. Kobe did the same thing last year, except he played in a tougher West, but also had a much better team than Iverson. He won MVP, took his team to the finals, and got scraped.
I read an article on this a few days ago: why are Kobe's championship accomplishments diminished because he played second-fiddle to Shaq? Kareem is never hated on for being the number 2 on all those great Showtime teams. He's admired for being a part of a great team. I guess Pippen never accomplished much of anything.
eyes.gif
Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich aren't great coaches- they've only won titles w/ Hall of Famers.
eyes.gif
Bill Russell could've never won if he didn't have a great coach in Red and a floor general in Bob Cousy.
eyes.gif
Kobe's accomplishments early on are amazing; just because they aren't Jordan-level accomplishments, don't diminish them. And don't compare Kobe to Iverson and TMac. Those 2 are great players, but Kobe has shown over the years to be on a level definitely beyond Mac and slightly beyond AI. Plus, Kobe is still going strong as ever 13 years in...where are AI and Mac? Their careers as All-NBA players are basically over. When Kobe hangs 'em up, you won't be able to deny him as the second-best SG of all-time and a top 5 player, at worst top 10.

No disrespect to my man Rather Unique...I just had to rant a little bit.

chitown4eva wrote:
JAYFIEND wrote:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif

Didn't she have like 3 different dudes sperm in her panties?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
She didn't get raped she just a $#+% that thought she could get some bread.

Please stop with all this Kobe broke up the Lakers talk. He's not a GM, that **** is sooo annoying. None of us know what went on behind the scenes. Whathappen with Shaq in Miami? Smh how that story was downplayed, didn't he almost get into a fight with Riley? Shaq had a huge roll in him being traded fromLA I'm sure.

Who isn't somewhat fake in the public eye?I'm sure if you were paid hundreds of millions of dollars you would be too. They have to be.

Why do you blame Kobe for him being compared to Jordan? Blame the media. He doesn't go out and say "oh I'm the next Jordan"

Back
Top Bottom