Kobe Bryant haters, please come in and give me a legit reason

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Treats people like trash and thinks he can get away with it (ie: his maid).

Cheats on his wife.
WOOOOWWWW. you are probably the biggest MJ fan but probably overlook teh fact that he cheated on his wife on teh regular. I bet your girl is cheating on you right now, LOL. you are the biggest LAME i have ever seen, and i havent even seen you.
QFT...what else would you expect from a dude that is pushin 30 & still watches professional wrestling
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I don't "hate" him. He's an incredible, HOF-bound player.

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene of someone's personal life.

and this is what you quoted:

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
contradicting urself much?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How am I contradicting myself?

He's selfish because he broke up a team (based on his selfishness) that could of won another 3 titles.
He's a quitter because of game 7 vs. Phoenix when his team was getting scraped, he quit on his team.
He's a crybaby because every time the whistle isn't blown, he has to cry about it.
The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on his wife.

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake #*%@ on the court to get calls also.

Also, he's over-hyped. The man has accomplished nothing without Shaq. I was just having this conversation with my boy yesterday. Unless Kobe wins this year (and I'm going to put an asterisk next to that title because I don't feel they would of beat the Rockets if Yao didn't go down, and also there's no way they would beat a healthy Boston), he is the same player to me as McGrady and Iverson.

McGrady in Orlando had a wack team. He led the league in scoring a couple years. He went to 3-1 in a playoff series vs. the number 1 seed, and ended up losing. McGrady never got past the first round with his wack team. Doesn't this sound just like Kobe in 2005-2007? (btw, I'm not including T-Mac's Houston years because those teams have never been healthy. We all know that a 2009 Rockets squad with a healthy Yao and T-Mac is a problem).

Iverson in 2001 had an MVP season, had only a decent team, but carried that team to the finals (only because the East was wack, only to get scraped by the Lakers. Kobe did the same thing last year, except he played in a tougher West, but also had a much better team than Iverson. He won MVP, took his team to the finals, and got scraped.

Ok, so you're telling me he's over-hyped, yet he was the face and image of the league after Jordan left for how many years? That doesn't make a bit a sense. As far as the Rockets thing goes without Yao, you're just looking for stuff to pick out. Injuries happen, everywhere. Even if that had any bit of legitmacy to it, he did the same thing last year. So there ya go.

Hasn't accomplished anything without Shaq? What did Magic accomplish without Kareem? Never won without him. Plus he had another HOF player in Worthy. He lost in the Finals just like Kobe did last year, except he only went to one, not two. Yet he's held in a whole other level than Kobe. So how does that work? You tell me.

The same as Iverson and T-Mac? You serious? All entered the league within two years and look at their level of play now. Can't even begin to compare cause Kobe just blows them out of the water.

It's like you're just trying to pick out any imperfection with him. I'm not even a Kobe fan, but I can't begin to comprehend how he garners all the hate he does.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I never bought into the "Kobe was the face of the league" thing. Really? What do you base that on?

Jordan retired in 1998. That was 11 years ago. Are you trying to say that Kobe has been the face of the league since? As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a "face of the league" since Jordan left. And the only person who can become one is LeBron.

You're a damn fool. You know the league always is looking for a face of the league. That's how they promote. Period. After MJ left Kobewas look to as the one to rescue the league. Fact. So over exposure comes with that. And you know it. He's looking to make a statement in this series. Lookat this game. HA.

I don't hate him, but I don't like him. Why don't I like him? He's not likable. Plain and simple.
period . i used to hate him , but since hes become less selfish its gone to dislike

i also hate Lakers fans , and they are obsessed with Kobe so naturally its hard for me to like him

I didn't like Kobe for a while, until I actually started watching him play and now he's my favorite player. I initially thought he was all aboutattention, but I later realized his skill.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I wonder how the Kobe haters are feeling about him tonight...
laugh.gif

The same. He has game. No debate about that.

I don't think there is any other player in the league with as much of a genuine passion and love for the game as Kobe.
Man, please...
laugh.gif

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene of someone's personal life.

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's selfish because he broke up a team (based on his selfishness) that could of won another 3 titles.
He's a quitter because of game 7 vs. Phoenix when his team was getting scraped, he quit on his team.
He's a crybaby because every time the whistle isn't blown, he has to cry about it.
The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on your wife.

I just can't like a dude who's so fake that every time he drives to the lane he has to scream "HEY!" to try and trick the refs into calling a foul. Doing this is no different that flopping. People hate Varejao and Ginobili for flopping, so I hate Kobe for doing fake #*%@ on the court to get calls also.

Also, he's over-hyped. The man has accomplished nothing without Shaq. I was just having this conversation with my boy yesterday. Unless Kobe wins this year (and I'm going to put an asterisk next to that title because I don't feel they would of beat the Rockets if Yao didn't go down, and also there's no way they would beat a healthy Boston), he is the same player to me as McGrady and Iverson.

McGrady in Orlando had a wack team. He led the league in scoring a couple years. He went to 3-1 in a playoff series vs. the number 1 seed, and ended up losing. McGrady never got past the first round with his wack team. Doesn't this sound just like Kobe in 2005-2007? (btw, I'm not including T-Mac's Houston years because those teams have never been healthy. We all know that a 2009 Rockets squad with a healthy Yao and T-Mac is a problem).

Iverson in 2001 had an MVP season, had only a decent team, but carried that team to the finals (only because the East was wack, only to get scraped by the Lakers. Kobe did the same thing last year, except he played in a tougher West, but also had a much better team than Iverson. He won MVP, took his team to the finals, and got scraped.

So i guess you don't respect michael jordan either than right? Because he also cheated on his wife.

Originally Posted by tedrjr03

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The rapist thing is whatever. Even if he didn't rape the girl, he still cheated on his wife. And I don't feel like you're a man if you cheat on your wife.

So i guess you don't respect michael jordan either than right? Because he also cheated on his wife.

I'm saying.

And i'm confused as to how Boston's inability to get passed Orlando or Yao's inability to stay healthy for 1 whole season translates in to Kobe"being the same" as McGrady and Iverson
indifferent.gif

What has Shaq done after Kobe besides being carried through a series by Wade that the Heat arguably shouldn't have won in the first place?
laugh.gif

I don't usually call people haters, but you my friend have some hater tendencies.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

laugh.gif

I don't think there is any other player in the league with as much of a genuine passion and love for the game as Kobe.
Man, please...
laugh.gif

Well actually "looks at sig" nvm
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I don't hate kobe

I just hate when fool complain 2 tha ref's about ticky tack fouls on him...
eyes.gif

When he laughs wit his teammates it looks fake, Like he's forcing his self ta fit in off tha court

Pppl needa 2 stop comparing kobe 2 jordan, Did jordan cry & demand a trade from his organization cuz he doesn't have good players around him...
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
Did jordan eva cry 2 tha ref's about fouls & pick up t.fouls becuz of datt...

Magic's get her done tonite & when dis series...
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif
A little contradictory, no??? You're comparing Kobe to Jordan with those statements.

I wonder if any of the kobe haters supported him during the Olympics.

its fubby guys its been kobe vs Mj, Kobe Vs Vince Carter, Kobe Vs TMac, Kobe Vs Dwade, Kobe Vs Lebron now that shows how consitent kobe has been and great of aplayer he is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

laugh.gif

Man, please...
laugh.gif

well, unlike other haters... at least you actually admit he has game

people hate kobe because people hate the best no matter what. thats why people hate lebron, dwade, shaq in his prime. basically unless they play on your teamyou pretty much dont like the best players in the nba. seriously there are way worse players personality-wise than kobe, but we don't have threads aboutthis regarding zach randolph, cause we all know he is a definite a-hole but he is not on the same level as kobe so of course no one cares. i honestly do notgive a lick what kobe does off the court, but i do know he is number 1a on the court (lebron being 1b since he is not in the finals). and i'm a big lebronfan, and probably should hate kobe. i only hate that fact that he's so damn good and wish he was playing for my team.

WOW! Ubelievable comments by the haters....well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter what...I respect that. Let's not go into the past andfocus on the present....Kobe changed a lot, we all know that. Let's just see what he has don the past 2 years...

seems like the reason why most people hate kobe is that they think he's fake. of course i can respect that. if that's what you conclude from seeing himafter all these years, that's totally fine. everyone is entitled to his own opinions, whether if they got it from the media or wherever. just like how ithink lebron is fake and cocky as hell before he's even done %!$%; even if the media portrays him as the basketball jesus, i still think he's anarrogant punk.

it boggle me how someone can hate a person they never met or know in real life. Most of yall haters only know the Kobe from your TV.

Like I said in another thread its sad that some of yall view Kobe as ....

The Devil > Kobe
Hitler > Kobe
Bin Laden > Kobe

But it is what it is, can't wait to see what yall got to say after the Lakers take the chip. This Kobe song by Lil Waynes is dope btw, and props for dudemaking the 2k10 cover.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

it boggle me how someone can hate a person they never met or know in real life. Most of yall haters only know the Kobe from your TV.

This line of reasoning when talking about sports is just stupid. 99% percent of sports fans only know the players they support or hate from TV or the media,

This line of reasoning is the equivalent of saying "It boggles my mind how you can root for Player X or Team X because you only know them from TV."

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Do you hate Hitler? George Bush? Lil Wayne? Paris Hilton? the Jonas Brothers? Soulja Boy?
k those might be bad examples, but you get the picture...

^exactly and the same could be said for people that hate on Lebron or Wade

Back
Top Bottom