Kobe Crazy 8s Re-Releasing Spring 2011

Kenji, I always see you throwing this kind of stuff out there, and you have NO EVIDENCE OR CLUE whatsoever of what you are talking about. Check the websites - the Crazy 8's are just about gone everywhere you look. Eastbay, Foot Locker, etc., Finish Line has limited sizes left, the red ones are GONE. I know this is Niketalk, but open your eyes.

I know personally lots of people who'd want EQT Elevation retros. I think it would sell even if performance-wise are a little bit behind. As duke4005 said, the Adidas Kobe retros are selling.
As I said before, I got tired of the Adidas models re-re-re-retroed over and over again in thousands of colorways. There are lots of hot Adidas models to retro but for some reason they keep them like Reebok. Perhaps they want to milk every possible dollar by them.

Supply and demand basically. People remember yhe crazy 8s cuz of Kobe and the fact that it got publicity with rose wearing them helps push the sales. Think about it it's the same thing with Nike. Shoes they retro or re retro are relevant one way or another so they do so knowing theyll make some money off of it. It wouldn't suprise me if theyve already planned to retro other models already

c58014156-ac-8185xf3x0600x0450-m.jpg

I got these, what u got
wink.gif

mike, I agree about seeing something new (old). I would LOVE for the FYW Forums to re-appear (remember those?). Or even the EQT 2010 and especially the FYW Runners.

Originally Posted by duke4005

mike, I agree about seeing something new (old). I would LOVE for the FYW Forums to re-appear (remember those?). Or even the EQT 2010 and especially the FYW Runners.

DRose's are selling like crazy. Crazy8s are selling like crazy(Which I agree is ironic because just 5-6 years ago the white/black, white/yellow, black/white, white/red, and gold/black dunk contest retroe colorway sat on sale shelves). I got my white/black and black/white and gold/blacks for $39.99 back then. Hooped in every single pair.

adidas's focus is on DRose, and capitalizing on Kobe's success. Not boring retros that sound like a good idea, and I can guarantee wouldn't outsell drose's shoe or the crazy8s now...

It's going to be really hard to suggest to a company like adidas that they should stop producing shoes that are selling out and retro older models that won't turn a profit bigger than the DRoses or crazy8s. From a business perspective, it doesn't make sense. If it don't make money, it don't make sense.

Not trying to single you or anyone out, but adidas is making the right moves right now, trust me. If you think the adidas kobe retro isn't selling out, then you live under a rock or just plain have no clue what you're taking about. Sales have been extremely good for the adizero shoe and the crazy8s.

Keep up the good work adidas.

macgyver, I think we just had a miscommunication. I SAID adidas is selling these out. I have the black/white, white/black, and a white/royal pair from 2006, as well as both Rose's and adiPures (thanks Paul at adidas). I KNOW adidas is tearing it up from a performance and sales standpoint pushing Rose. I wasa first arguing with Kenji about his messed up thoughts. Even saying that, I recognize they retros of the other models would probably not sell (you never know with our fickle group) but I would still love to see them make an attempt. The Mega didn't sell last year either and they came with a new line this year, so it may be worth a small niche market chance.

I think if Adidas made special edition FYW models for DRose, they would fly off the shelves just like the red Crazy 8's after DRose wore them. I like what Adidas is doing nowadays, atleast they don't have to re-issue classics to make sales (nike)... but there are dreams that I have, and those consist of Adidas FYW Hoop shoes!

the thing is is that neither company (adidas/nike) have to reissue classics in order to make sales....

i beg to differ, nike pumps out retro's constant to make sales, although some of the newer tech nike's like kobe's/lebum's and hyper dunks are coo, a lot of their revenue is from re-issued kicks and great marketing. adidas rarily revert back to older models for sales purposes... as much as i would love to see older adidas models.

A lot of revenue comes from retros but it's such a big brand that they still make more than enough not only with their baskeball stuff but also their runnin and training footwear. So yeah retros are nice but not necessary.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

Still looking for the All purple ones... Can't seem to find them anymore...

Footaction at Southland Mall in Hayward, CA. They have them in stock

Originally Posted by MajorSneakerHead41

biber gotem ill pass
You're kidding me right...you're gonna pass on one of the greatest adidas bball shoes ever just cuz Bieber wore them once for a celebrity exhibition game? SMDH 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^^this. If anything just get a colorway that you like that isn't the ones that he wore

Kenji, I always see you throwing this kind of stuff out there, and you have NO EVIDENCE OR CLUE whatsoever of what you are talking about. Check the websites - the Crazy 8's are just about gone everywhere you look. Eastbay, Foot Locker, etc., Finish Line has limited sizes left, the red ones are GONE. I know this is Niketalk, but open your eyes.
I don't know where you live but  the Crazy 8 have been release for 5 months and the shoes is still all over Socal where i live. Except the limited red one that Drose wore. Any other color is still available if you look for them.  My point is Drose shoes is Adidas main focus right now and  they're not going to release a bunch of Kobe retro shoes. That just not a smart business move. And fyi the Drose 1.0 and 1.5 perform way better than the Crazy 8. They are selling like hot cakes here in Socal too

Originally Posted by KenJi714

I don't know where you live but  the Crazy 8 have been release for 5 months and the shoes is still all over Socal where i live. Except the limited red one that Drose wore. Any other color is still available if you look for them.  My point is Drose shoes is Adidas main focus right now and  they're not going to release a bunch of Kobe retro shoes. That just not a smart business move. And fyi the Drose 1.0 and 1.5 perform way better than the Crazy 8. They are selling like hot cakes here in Socal too
How a shoe sells in SoCal is not an indication of how it sells everywhere.  It's an indication of one thing and one thing ONLY.  It indicates how the shoe is selling in SoCal, that's it.  I think SoCal gets higher volume anyways, so shoes that sell out in other places will still be here just because of the amount that is allocated to cater to customers.

You're right about the availability, I just saw some colorways at stores in a local mall in L.A.  But I also see people asking where they can find certain colorways because their local stores don't have them.

Also, who cares if it's a smart business move or not?  I just don't get this concept, are you an adviser to Adidas?  Do you sit on their board of directors?  Are you a stockholder?  An Adidas employee?  What possible investment could you have as to whether this is good for Adidas or not?

I see the Black/White White/Black in all the stores that carry them still available, but the shoe has sold well and most online sites sold out of them like eastbay etc.

They definetly did ALOT better this time around than the last retro and I must say the shoe was well made.

Adidas obviously made some money on the last retro or else they wouldn't bring them back out again this early especially at a lesser price.

Adidas just wanted some of the same attention that the Nike Kobe line is getting, that's probably why they chose to re-release them this year.

Also if the shoe was not selling well, they wouldn't be dropping the All-Stars later this year.

Back
Top Bottom