KOBE IV review request.

pimp.gif

Wore them again today by myself, clean gym floor as always. So I did some suicides and was not happy at all. Im hoping that the 3rd wearing will be better, butman they slide soooooooo bad when you put lots of pressure on them, The sole is tooo hard, and it reminds me of the Jordan 16s. These dont even come close tostopping on a dime at full speed, my foot slid out every time. They where alot more comfy today. On the first wearing they might have been a bit snug and hurtmy feet. But today, the comfort was pretty good. Anyways, goin back for round 3 tomorrow, I'll let you know if anything changes in the traction department.

I play in HDs and IVs and I haven't had traction problems in either pair.

I don't have any problems with slipping and sliding in the IVs unless there's A LOT of dust on the court. I can cut, plant, and come to a complete stopat full speed without any problems. I think the traction's great.

Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Wore them again today by myself, clean gym floor as always. So I did some suicides and was not happy at all. Im hoping that the 3rd wearing will be better, but man they slide soooooooo bad when you put lots of pressure on them, The sole is tooo hard, and it reminds me of the Jordan 16s. These dont even come close to stopping on a dime at full speed, my foot slid out every time. They where alot more comfy today. On the first wearing they might have been a bit snug and hurt my feet. But today, the comfort was pretty good. Anyways, goin back for round 3 tomorrow, I'll let you know if anything changes in the traction department.
maybe you have a defective pair??? ionno like maybe the rubber on yours aren't great ... cuz i have a pair of AZK1.. and it seems like mywhite/gray ones have way less grip then my other shoes.

Im playing on freshly cleaned courts. They slip right out when I make sharp hard cuts, like lets say I where handling the ball coming up court, and as drive, Ithrow a bad pass and I go to plant my foot to take off after the defender, the shoe just gives out and I slide, so I lose tones of ground. Its annoying, causethe same play in my hyperdunks or my kobes and I stop on a dime goin the other way.

Wow... even the Kobe loyalists are having issues with this shoe...

Shame on you, Nike.

ok for those who have these, how do they fit? do they fit like the zk1 (go half size down) or are they true to size? i guess if someone can tell me if they fitlike either the 2k4, zk1, zk2, or zk3, ill have a better idea in how they fit. im looking to ball in these, please help!! looking to purchase online.

I have the 2k4 in size 10.5 and size 11 in the Kobe IV. But I bought the 2k4s a few years ago, when I used to wear a size 10.5 in everything, now, I wear asize 11 in everything, my feet have grow a touch. I would prolly stay true to size, because they loosen up quite a bit, they dont stay stiff for long. if yougo a half size up from your normal, you might just have to wear 2 pairs of socks. The shoe is pretty wicked, although the traction isnt top notch. Love thecut, they are so lite. Very comfy

I have had the kobe 4s since christmas. I know a lot of people are saying get a half size up, and I would have agreed with them a few weeks ago, the shoesreally have loosened up and are much more comfortable now. When you first get the they feel very tight, width wise. My heel has slipped when I haven't tiedup my laces tight. If you go half a size up, your heel may slip more. I feel the traction is very good, better than the kobe 3s. The shoes are very light andcushiony. Great bball shoe.

I wear a 11.5 in all my ball shoes execpt posites-12. I wear two pairs of socks, thin no show bootie and a pair of NBA socks. Like my man ,online buying, trueto size or go up?

Mine will arrive on Thusday. I'll be practicing in them that night and hooping in them Saturday. I will give my in depth review of practice and gameplay. Thanks for all input so far.

COOK # 45
practice.

Wow ! These are low but are close to AJ IIIs. We'll see how it goes. . . . stay tuned.

i just received my IV's in sz. 10.5. they feel snug. thinking about going 0.5 size up. for those that have been trying to break them in, would you suggestto keep it snug and they get looser as you play or just go half size up? i read someone's post before they went half size up cuz it felt better but thentheir heel would slip a little. any suggestions thanks.

Traction does get better. It took about 6-8 wearings, but the traction is alot better. Its still not as good as it should be on really hard cuts, but these arethe best shoes I have ever worn.

I went with my usual size 11, and they felt pretty snug at first. They have loosened up perfectly though. They fit amazing. If your big toe isnt touching theend of the shoe, and they just feel tight, then just wear them because you will break them in and they will fit fine. I absolutly love this shoe, Its comfort,fit and I love the lower cut, still gives great support as long as they are tied to the very top lacehole. I imagine if you tape your ankles, or wear a brace,you wouldnt have to tie them all the way up.

Does the lunarcrap in these feel more durable than the 80-hour cushioing in the HDs?

even if they didn't... couldn't you just buy insoles for cushioning??? i havn't played in my HD for more then 1 hour.. so i donno if that wouldwork or not?

Originally Posted by ezpinoy

even if they didn't... couldn't you just buy insoles for cushioning??? i havn't played in my HD for more then 1 hour.. so i donno if that would work or not?
If I pay $130 or whatever for a basketball shoe, I expect the cushioning to last longer than 15 hours, point blank. I shouldn't have to shellout additional money to replace the insole.

Wait a sec! These aren't all that low at all, are they?

They almost seem on par with the cut of the Air Max Enforcer, Air Force Operate, and maybe even slightly higher than the AJ XX 3/4...

How is the lunar foam holding up for you?

^ Sure, as long as we don't take into account some factors.

Like the crazy amount of money Kobe makes even if he just sits on the bench.

Like how much of his overall budget he spends on each pair of his Kobe IV's. I'm assuming zero dollars per pair.

How many games he wears one single pair for. I'm assuming one or two.

Yeah, so if we all had that situation, that would be more than good enough. But most of us don't. Complaining about the quality of a product that ismarketed by a company with the resources available to them that Nike has, well if you're going to be a consumer of their products, that's one of yourprimary responsibilities.

"Yeah, so if we all had that situation, that would be more than good enough. But most of us don't. Complaining about the quality of a product that ismarketed by a company with the resources available to them that Nike has, well if you're going to be a consumer of their products, that's one of yourprimary responsibilities."

Preach it!

Based off of my experience and what I've read about the flaws in the Kobe IV, I'll just be picking up another pair of Jumpman Pro Retros. They havebeen a perfect balling shoe for me. Who knew a shoe with DHIP in the heel, regular leather/synthetic leather upper, and a plastic midfoot plate couldoutperform a Nike flagship shoe with all the latest tech?

Yet another victory for MJ over Kobe, and a blow out at that...

Based on the first few wearings, the lunar foam in my CDivs feels a little more firm than the lunar foam in my hyperdunks. Its just soft, versus mushy in theHD. Anyone feel the same?

I will be buying another 5 pairs of kobes, I dont know if he will continue to make a lower cut shoe, but i dont know how he is gonna top this one.

Back
Top Bottom