kobe V uncomfortable?

I feel more comfortable using the V's when the laces are tighten up. Give it a shot.

returned my size 12 kobes and purchased a size 13 from foot locker (they didnt carry half sizes).
Wore them on court today and they felt alot better, but theres more room than usual in the toe, which i expected. foot still didnt slide. I think width wise it was perfect, but length wise it was not. Is that good or should i be looking for a tighter fit? or is it just preference?

returned my size 12 kobes and purchased a size 13 from foot locker (they didnt carry half sizes).
Wore them on court today and they felt alot better, but theres more room than usual in the toe, which i expected. foot still didnt slide. I think width wise it was perfect, but length wise it was not. Is that good or should i be looking for a tighter fit? or is it just preference?

That sucks that they dont have the half sizes, but I have never had any problems with my true size.  I own a pair thats a half size smaller I have hooped in them once and they were a little bit of a bother but I had a little discomfort but no pain for real.  I think if you could double sock that would make them feel tighter.  Or maybe a thicker set of insoles would help as well. 

That sucks that they dont have the half sizes, but I have never had any problems with my true size.  I own a pair thats a half size smaller I have hooped in them once and they were a little bit of a bother but I had a little discomfort but no pain for real.  I think if you could double sock that would make them feel tighter.  Or maybe a thicker set of insoles would help as well. 

Maybe it's just me but I found that the mostly leather Kobe V's such as the Valentines and the Inlines had a better "out of the box" fit (mainly width wise) than the other material ones such as the POPs.  The Valentines and Inlines right out of the box were snug but after wear would conform to your foot.  The POPs felt really narrow, like I should go up half or maybe a full size.   

Maybe it's just me but I found that the mostly leather Kobe V's such as the Valentines and the Inlines had a better "out of the box" fit (mainly width wise) than the other material ones such as the POPs.  The Valentines and Inlines right out of the box were snug but after wear would conform to your foot.  The POPs felt really narrow, like I should go up half or maybe a full size.   

Vs feel great for me, i think they might run a little long so maybe try a half size smaller than usual

Vs feel great for me, i think they might run a little long so maybe try a half size smaller than usual

Originally Posted by al3x89

just curious.. the only time my foot "slides" is when i make a sharp stop. that's normal right?

Foot should never slide inside a shoe. Waiting on an ankle injury or turf toe like that.

Originally Posted by al3x89

just curious.. the only time my foot "slides" is when i make a sharp stop. that's normal right?

Foot should never slide inside a shoe. Waiting on an ankle injury or turf toe like that.

the V are the same way for me...personally i love the IV more. my feet def feel better after playing in the IV than the Vs...and i just dont feel the zoom like i do with my 2k4s as ive stated time and time again in the zk thread haha

the V are the same way for me...personally i love the IV more. my feet def feel better after playing in the IV than the Vs...and i just dont feel the zoom like i do with my 2k4s as ive stated time and time again in the zk thread haha

Originally Posted by duke4005

al3x89 wrote:

well, when i wore 11.5, i kept jamming my toe and bruising it...

Originally Posted by duke4005

al3x89 wrote:

well, when i wore 11.5, i kept jamming my toe and bruising it...

I can relate to the OP's experience with the Kobe V's. At the moment I'm playing ball in my Kobe V inlines and have worn them probably close to a dozen times. After an intense scrimmage or a period of prolonged running I can feel a burning sensation on the arch of both feet (more towards the medial side of the feet). This could possibly be caused by a sizing issue, but I have the IV's in a size 11 and I would assume that I would be the same in the V's. Is there any chance the flywire on the IV's moulded to the shape of your foot quicker, or do the V's run narrower than the IV's?

I can relate to the OP's experience with the Kobe V's. At the moment I'm playing ball in my Kobe V inlines and have worn them probably close to a dozen times. After an intense scrimmage or a period of prolonged running I can feel a burning sensation on the arch of both feet (more towards the medial side of the feet). This could possibly be caused by a sizing issue, but I have the IV's in a size 11 and I would assume that I would be the same in the V's. Is there any chance the flywire on the IV's moulded to the shape of your foot quicker, or do the V's run narrower than the IV's?

take the shoe and flex it repeatedly at the forefoot. make sure it is super flexible, there should actually be a cracking sound (not the plate, but the rubber on mine actually made a popping sound). After doing this before the first wear, the shoe was perfect with no break in. And I usually need to break in shoes for a long time before they feel good. Give it a shot!

take the shoe and flex it repeatedly at the forefoot. make sure it is super flexible, there should actually be a cracking sound (not the plate, but the rubber on mine actually made a popping sound). After doing this before the first wear, the shoe was perfect with no break in. And I usually need to break in shoes for a long time before they feel good. Give it a shot!

I had sore feet the first time I wore them. But after that it was fine. Specifically my caffs and quads.

I had sore feet the first time I wore them. But after that it was fine. Specifically my caffs and quads.

Back
Top Bottom