Kobe vs Lebron

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

what can Lebron do that Kobe cannot do?

Imtimidate in the lane, guard bigger defenders, damn near put up triple doubles every night, because he isn't a SELFISH ^%$#!, change a game on the defensive end, and many more things that Kobe cannot do.

who has Lebron made better? Z? Varejao? Boobie? Mo? nah. if anything, Mo made Lebron better last year cause teams had to guard him, which freed Bron up some.
Kobe may be "selfish" I guess, but know this, he raises the calibur of play on the court. Those guys KNOW they better bring their games when they step on the court. Lebron does not evoke that same level of play from his team mates which is why they lost to Orlando the way they did
Intimidate in the lane? on offense or defense?
Kobe intimidates on the entire 94 feet...offensively and defensively.
I guess I could give Lebron the edge in terms of guarding bigger players, but Ive never seen him do it...and to counter that, Kobe can guard smaller players so if anything, thats a wash.
Dont act like Kobe doesnt play D...he does it nightly guarding the other teams best player.....he did it in the Olympics too.

so yeah...your argument is void.
try again.

My argument is "void"? According to who? Who told you that you make the rules? Just like a Kobe fan! Selective reasoning at its best! No problem though! That is becuase if Kobe Bryant raises the "calibur" of his teammates play, what happened in Boston? How did they lose a significant lead AT the Forum, then getting blown out by the largest margin of victory, with Kobe sitting his femme behind on the bench, going out like a sucker, huh? Why did he quit on his team against Phoenix that year, huh? LeBron hasn't done any of that, he plays to win ALL the time, unlike your boy! Don't worry, this year they will blame Artest when you get your butts handed to you! The Lakers played against the Celtic JV team last year, and his shoes STILL sat on shelves in NYC! That is why Nike aint giving him any dap!

Who is "void" now?

Go somewhere and make your *Kobe face* with all that noise!
roll.gif
laugh.gif
let me guess you didnt watch the playoffs last year?...
did you not see the cavs get blown out by the magic?? that kobe and the lakers beat the magic in the finals?...
did you not see lebron walking off and not shaking anyones hands and acting like a little baby because his team got man handled by the magic?
can you count how many rings kobe has?
did you know that wade had better all around stats last year better then lebron except for rebounds? lebron is so good that wade got more blocks then lebronand he is 4inches shorter
wade beat lebron in
steals
blocks

Originally Posted by enrique23

we're going back-to-back fyi
happy.gif

and his shoes STILL sat on shelves in NYC! That is why Nike aint giving him any dap!

lebron still ISN'T outselling him though
all three of lebrons 1st cw for the 6 (black/red/white, all black, yankee cw) are still sitting on shelves at my store. i don't see the carpe diems, del sols, or inlines anywhere other than ebay
grin.gif

I'm with you on this!! Kobe shoes soo hot its outselling the Lebrons go to almost any footlocker and you'd be hardpressed to find a Kobein full size runs (except maybe for the breds, dunno y but those things are pretty stagnant), why do you think Nike puts lebrons on a nice box and Kobe'son the regular orange boxes? With the Kobe's the shoe speaks for itself, it doesn't need anything else.

I think it had to start with that whole Colorado incident. They just didn't wana promote the guy. Even sprite threw him out. They're just continuingwith the boxes just because. I mean cmon, if Kobe demanded a box.... He'll get a box, just like how he demanded a low top.

Originally Posted by faded8119

happy.gif

and his shoes STILL sat on shelves in NYC! That is why Nike aint giving him any dap!

all three of lebrons 1st cw for the 6 (black/red/white, all black, yankee cw) are still sitting on shelves at my store. i don't see the carpe diems, del sols, or inlines anywhere other than ebay
grin.gif
I'm with you on this!! Kobe shoes soo hot its outselling the Lebrons go to almost any footlocker and you'd be hardpressed to find a Kobe in full size runs (except maybe for the breds, dunno y but those things are pretty stagnant), why do you think Nike puts lebrons on a nice box and Kobe's on the regular orange boxes? With the Kobe's the shoe speaks for itself, it doesn't need anything else.

Don't use that as an excuse. I'm sure Kobe wouldn't mind having Nike do some commemorative art for his shoe boxes it's just been proven thatNike doesn't seem to believe his marketability is as high as Lebron's..

OG Air Jordans always had the black box with the red jumpman logo on them. The shoes still speak for themselves...Nike is just more interested in campaigningfor Lebron...and that's taking nothing away from Kobe as a player. But hate it or love it, Lebron has been getting alot of love shown from Nike.

To answer your question, Lebron is younger than Kobe. Lebron is 24 and Kobe is like 31 so Lebron has more future and Nike knows this. Companies focus on theirfuture and run businesses. Anyhow, why compare? can't we just enjoy watching both players??
frown.gif

Lebron and Kobe both are
pimp.gif
players.

Don't worry, this year they will blame Artest when you get your butts handed to you!
happy.gif

grin.gif

AT YOUR STORE????? This is how you measure how well Kobe's shoes are doing? What, do you live in some kind of vaccum? The first FOUR, count'em FOURKobe sigs FLOPPED BADLY! Remember the three shoes he wanted to put out? The strength/sheath/and whatever the garbage was that didn't even get released?Remember that monstrosity that was supposed to be so *perfomance oriented*, but looked like an obscene joke, the one that looked like spidermans illegitimatechild? NONE of those sold well! The first Kobe shoe sold so bad, footlocker sent them back to Nike! Loads of them! So PLEEEEEEEAAAASE! don't ell me abouthow Kobe is outselling Lebron, because he is NOT! So what, Kobe had one shoe do well in Los Angeles, this last one, right? Maybe it did OKAY in Asia, right?But overall, LeBron James has been the more profitable dude for Nike Basketball, while Kobe is looking like a one hit wonder, IF that!

Originally Posted by mamba2526

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

LeBron does not have that "thing" as far as i'm concerned.
Thats true, if by thing, you mean, Phil Jackson, Tex winters Triangle O, or Lamar Odom, or Ron artest, or Derick Fisher, or Lakers organization...etc...

Sick of people trying to compare Bron at 24 to Kobe now and thinking they can say "oh Kobes better"....Please...lets imagine for a moment that Kobe had entered the league on a team like the Cavs right out of high school...he would have been a complete joke, although a high scoring one, he would have never have won anything until he was traded to a big market team, with big name talent...the only reason he has 4 championships is because he was thrown into a system with a big check book and great players surrounding him...If you remember he even messed that situation up with his "me first" attitude before he calmed down listened to phil and let shaq lead....Lebron is way more of a force physically, and mentally, and just needs more support around him and the discussion wouldn't even be going on...I think its great that Kobe got to save his tarnished image last year by actually winning a championship as the leader of a team...but I guarantee you it won't take 10+ years in the league and alot of off court drama and bad choices for Lebron to win one on his own...Its all in the numbers...just compare Kobes numbers to Lebrons in their first 6 years and see what you come up with...Kobe is a great scorer, and on good days he might play a little D....but Bron is an all round baller who can play with sub par talent to make it to the playoffs every year except his first, and even then it was down to the last games of the season...If kobes so great why could he not take the Lakers into the playoffs after shaq left? He had to wait for the Lakers to get out the checkbook and sign premier talent to supplement his scoring abilities...he is good, but when its all said and done his numbers and championships will look miniscule to James'...I mean there should be an asterisk next to the first 3, its not like he was the reason they won those.

and as for the shoe thing...Nike also knows what I am saying to be true, because it is their job to recognize true basketball greatness...they did it with MJ, and now with Bron...anyone who wasn't a young kid or teen during Kobes first 10 years & didnt fall for the NBA's "Kobe hype" and truly understands basketball, would have known that kobe is just another great scorer and not truly worth building a brand around.
Are you darkchocolate loggin in to another account??????
roll.gif

So everyone who disagrees with a Kobe/Nike fan is Dark Chocolate now, eh?

Pathetic, but understandable.

what can Lebron do that Kobe cannot do?

Imtimidate in the lane, guard bigger defenders, damn near put up triple doubles every night, because he isn't a SELFISH ^%$#!, change a game on the defensive end, and many more things that Kobe cannot do.

who has Lebron made better? Z? Varejao? Boobie? Mo? nah. if anything, Mo made Lebron better last year cause teams had to guard him, which freed Bron up some.
Kobe may be "selfish" I guess, but know this, he raises the calibur of play on the court. Those guys KNOW they better bring their games when they step on the court. Lebron does not evoke that same level of play from his team mates which is why they lost to Orlando the way they did
Intimidate in the lane? on offense or defense?
Kobe intimidates on the entire 94 feet...offensively and defensively.
I guess I could give Lebron the edge in terms of guarding bigger players, but Ive never seen him do it...and to counter that, Kobe can guard smaller players so if anything, thats a wash.
Dont act like Kobe doesnt play D...he does it nightly guarding the other teams best player.....he did it in the Olympics too.

so yeah...your argument is void.
try again.

My argument is "void"? According to who? Who told you that you make the rules? Just like a Kobe fan! Selective reasoning at its best! No problem though! That is becuase if Kobe Bryant raises the "calibur" of his teammates play, what happened in Boston? How did they lose a significant lead AT the Forum, then getting blown out by the largest margin of victory, with Kobe sitting his femme behind on the bench, going out like a sucker, huh? Why did he quit on his team against Phoenix that year, huh? LeBron hasn't done any of that, he plays to win ALL the time, unlike your boy! Don't worry, this year they will blame Artest when you get your butts handed to you! The Lakers played against the Celtic JV team last year, and his shoes STILL sat on shelves in NYC! That is why Nike aint giving him any dap!

Who is "void" now?

Go somewhere and make your *Kobe face* with all that noise!
roll.gif

you know what...youre right. you win. Im void.
Im ashamed for even playin myself and fallin in to your BS...especially considering this thread is supposed to be about sneakers...and the funny thing is, Ithink I pretty much agree. Lebron is more marketable than Kobe. I said so in my initial post.
and whats also funny, is that Im a Kobe fan, but I've been arguin with my boys the last couple weeks that barring injury, the C's are takin the chipthis year. They were gonna be solid anyway, but Sheed is gonna put them over the top.
so pop a bottle...congrats, you win

Some ppl aren't going to like Kobe. I mean, there's always that one person that'll hate just to hate. Kobe stands where he stands. That simple. 4rings and counting.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Some ppl aren't going to like Kobe. I mean, there's always that one person that'll hate just to hate. Kobe stands where he stands. That simple. 4 rings and counting.

At the end of the day it comes down to who's style of play you prefer. To me it's like running backs. I love a big physical back Jacobs,Campbell andOkoye. I can't stand small scat backs as I call them. Bush,Dunn and Westbrook,even though I am a FSU and Eagle fan. Do you like you burger fried or flamebroiled. It's still a burger.

Back
Top Bottom