Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

^ Sheesh

Yall playing in these on the regular, does the wierd flex in the midfoot get better over time, like i wanna know if it gets less bothersome

Just do now man while you get them for retail or under. If you wait until later your gonna regret it. Later on you will either have to miss out or pay above retail.

Just do it !!
for a shoe that peels? Why? Why feed to hype, not many was saying much about em' before release :smh:

Been playing in my 5AMs for the last week or two and have had nothing but great things to say about it. Yea it feels a little different straight out of the box but once they break in they are amazing. Love these shoes and will be looking to double up eventually on them. I think these all will eventually be in the outlet. I wish I had more dough to double up on shoes cuz I love wearing them to ball but hate seeing damage on them. Its a complete love/hate relationship in that regard lol. Haven't ever doubled up on a shoe and I know that would take away my want to keep a pair as clean/perfect as possible.

for a shoe that peels? Why? Why feed to hype, not many was saying much about em' before release
mean.gif
Like @al3x89  said its been blown out of proportion. Beside that point im not building any hype on them at all. I was just telling him if he really wants to get them.....get them. Very rarely do shoes lose value over time so I was saying pick them up for cheap while you can. I guess if that's building hype then im guilty of it.

For the record im not to big of a fan of the allstars and probably wont end up with a pair. Not really seeing how im feeding into the hype.

Even without a midfoot shank plate the shoe still performs. As we have seen, there are many pro and college players wearing these in games. Does this mean the midfoot shank plate is just a gimmick and not necessary? Old school Nikes and Jordans didn't have them.

Even without a midfoot shank plate the shoe still performs. As we have seen, there are many pro and college players wearing these in games. Does this mean the midfoot shank plate is just a gimmick and not necessary? Old school Nikes and Jordans didn't have them.

Pretty much.

I also think the mid foot plate would pretty much defeat the purpose of the "free like" fore-foot they are promoting on the kobe 10s.

Dudes just like complaining for the sake of complaining. Like, why buy a free based basketball shoe and then be upset that it bends?

Last edited:
That photo might look weird, but the 8s weren't bending like that and the 10s feel 10x more secure than the 8s, imo at least.

Those vino's look good and would match my rec league team colors. I wonder how many red lace swap pics will show up here when they come out. At least they would match the stitches on the one shoe.

Agreed. So why do AJs, Lebrons, KDs, etc have midfoot shank plates? I'm just asking. I like knowing this technical stuff. Any foot doctors in the house?

Please note I will buy be buying multiple of Kobe X's. They feel good.

The 9s didn't have a mid foot shank plate. And I've been playing in mine, they def get better after that upper breaks in.

Necessary, maybe not.  Beneficial, probably.

It's not just the lack of a plate, it's the price, the cost effective materials, the marketing that would have you believe it's all cutting edge footwear through and through and THEN the lack of a plate on top of that.

It's supposed to be a Nike Free basketball shoe. The whole point of the design is to allow for greater flexibility, and a midfoot shank would go directly against that. If they put one on there, you'd probably just have people complaining that it wasn't truly making use of Nike Free tech. Can't really have it both ways.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be a Nike Free basketball shoe. The whole point of the design is to allow for greater flexibility, and a midfoot shank would go directly against that. If they put one on there, you'd probably just have people complaining that it wasn't truly making use of Nike Free tech. Can't really have it both ways.
Plus your foot will never bend like that in a million years unless you purposely do it.

Pulled the trigger on the ASG for $175 shipped after being skeptical and on the fence about em since release. We'll see how I feel when I finally get them in hand. $20 below non-ASG retail, so I can't complain much too though.

Last edited:
Got mines last night and my first impression is that they are like the Kobe 8 but on the Juice. I just wish they would have done full on engineered mesh that would have made the upper feel more soft. But then again all the wack EM designs they did on the IX would have translated to the 10 so maybe it's a good thing it's not full on EM.

^Nice pic.I think I'd rather the swoosh be permanently white on the blackouts. When the light hit the 3M just right, they're just too clean!

Back
Top Bottom