Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Im waiting on elite lows, hopefully flyknit, cmon Nike!!

I will try to get blackouts though...a must have for Kobe/laker fan IMO

Last edited:
^Nice pic.I think I'd rather the swoosh be permanently white on the blackouts. When the light hit the 3M just right, they're just too clean!

I agree. Or atleast the silver 3m swoosh like on the purple fades.

Agreed. So why do AJs, Lebrons, KDs, etc have midfoot shank plates? I'm just asking. I like knowing this technical stuff. Any foot doctors in the house?

Please note I will buy be buying multiple of Kobe X's. They feel good.

I don't even notice a difference and I'm sure a lot of other people don't either.

I never stopped to think mid game "where the f is my carbon fibre shank?"

Got mines last night and my first impression is that they are like the Kobe 8 but on the Juice. I just wish they would have done full on engineered mesh that would have made the upper feel more soft. But then again all the wack EM designs they did on the IX would have translated to the 10 so maybe it's a good thing it's not full on EM.
Nice bro!...Gr8 lookin pic!   This colorway is the only Kobe X i copped and most likely will be the last from what ive seen so far (EMs). I don't think  ill be coppin the "Highs" either from what ive seen? that high "sock" lookin back/heel part is just Fugly...IMO!  I really think the Elite "Flyknit" Lows are gunna look SICK with this silhouette? cant wait! Just hope the colorways are gunna be dope? the only Elite Low colorway ive read to be released so far is that "Total Orange" colorway, lol, I don't like the sound of that but......Orange?  SMH will see I guess? lol

Nice bro!...Gr8 lookin pic!   This colorway is the only Kobe X i copped and most likely will be the last from what ive seen so far (EMs). I don't think  ill be coppin the "Highs" either from what ive seen? that high "sock" lookin back/heel part is just Fugly...IMO!  I really think the Elite "Flyknit" Lows are gunna look SICK with this silhouette? cant wait! Just hope the colorways are gunna be dope? the only Elite Low colorway ive read to be released so far is that "Total Orange" colorway, lol, I don't like the sound of that but......Orange?  SMH will see I guess? lol

Thanks Jesus.

It's supposed to be a Nike Free basketball shoe. The whole point of the design is to allow for greater flexibility, and a midfoot shank would go directly against that. If they put one on there, you'd probably just have people complaining that it wasn't truly making use of Nike Free tech. Can't really have it both ways.
Not true. Please refer to the Kobe 2. A shoe I really like. This was promoted as the first bball shoe to have a true Free mid/outsole.  It had one. 

I understand the Free concept in the forefoot, but we' talking about the midfoot. 

My theory is that the Kobe X carbon shank on the outrigger prevents the shoe from twisting, which would eliminate the need for the midfoot shank.

It's supposed to be a Nike Free basketball shoe. The whole point of the design is to allow for greater flexibility, and a midfoot shank would go directly against that. If they put one on there, you'd probably just have people complaining that it wasn't truly making use of Nike Free tech. Can't really have it both ways.

Not true. Please refer to the Kobe 2. A shoe I really like. This was promoted as the first bball shoe to have a true Free mid/outsole.  It had one. 

I understand the Free concept in the forefoot, but we' talking about the midfoot. 

My theory is that the Kobe X carbon shank on the outrigger prevents the shoe from twisting, which would eliminate the need for the midfoot shank.
Nike Free was promoted as a tech on the Kobe IIs, but the way it was executed on that shoe was more for show/marketing than anything else. I've owned a good number of IIs, and that shoe doesn't have nearly the level of flexibility you'd need to take full advantage of Free tech like you would in most Nike Free shoes. If you look at advertisements for a lot of Free shoes, they even market the added level of flexibility you get from Free by literally showing you how you can bend some of the Free shoes almost into a ball, which you clearly can't do with the IIs. If you have a midfoot shank that's designed to give added stability so you avoid pronating too much when you're moving around, you're obviously going to have decreased flexibility. The shank on the IIs is a major reason why Nike Free on that model was basically negligible.

The X's design is much more true to how a usual Nike Free shoe behaves compared to the IIs specifically because, like you said, they're using that carbon fiber clip on the outrigger to give added stability instead of the typical midfoot shank that you see on most basketball shoes. Because of that move, the Xs have more added flexibility and can behave more like a typical Free shoe.

Last edited:
copped the Kobe AS X and i love them - played in them twice so far and really a good shoe for guards/wingman

i plan to cop vino and blue lagoons

Back
Top Bottom