Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Just randomly watched the Nice a Kicks video then came in here to see if there were updates. Hopefully, we get a peek this week on Christmas Day. But then again, they might break out the XMAS 9 Thursday.

Hopefully there's a fly knit pair as well.
Serious question...

Why do people keep saying this? The flyknit on basketball shoes/Kobe's isn't functional the way it is on nike's running shoes. The flyknit is basically decrotive shell.
but Kobe plays in the flyknit, has he even worn the EMs
nerd.gif

Probably because most of these dudes aren't even hooping in their knit sneakers. They just think it looks better.
looks like all the rest of the nike flyknit collection
laugh.gif

Serious question...

Why do people keep saying this? The flyknit on basketball shoes/Kobe's isn't functional the way it is on nike's running shoes. The flyknit is basically decrotive shell.

I thought the same thing and I prefer the flyknit tbh.

I get it if it's coming from a looks perspective.

For me, I want a performance shoe, so whatever nike has to do to deliver that, I'm for it.

IMO, the flyknit looks better, but doesn't help me on the court. I don't buy modern basketball shoes for causal purposes, I think it looks pretty rediculous.

And to the dude that asked if kobe has even played in the EMs, why would he? His job is to sell, so of course he will wear the "premium" shoe.

Serious question...

For me, I want a performance shoe, so whatever nike has to do to deliver that, I'm for it.

IMO, the flyknit looks better, but doesn't help me on the court. I don't buy modern basketball shoes for causal purposes, I think it looks pretty rediculous.

And to the dude that asked if kobe has even played in the EMs, why would he? His job is to sell, so of course he will wear the "premium" shoe.

I wear all my shoes on the court and I love the 9 model. The elite fits better for me, especially with the elite socks.

Kobe has worn the em in preseason and practice

Serious question...

hmmm.....KDs not wearing the 7s and Lebron didn't wear the XIs and they are selling/sold well, so wearing them to sell means nothing tbh, people buy the shoes off name now instead of if the players are wearing them or not

Serious question...

hmmm.....KDs not wearing the 7s and Lebron didn't wear the XIs and they are selling/sold well, so wearing them to sell means nothing tbh, people buy the shoes off name now instead of if the players are wearing them or not

Yea, but it's something Nike isn't happy about.
And has nothing to do with anything of this topic.

I don't believe kobe wears the flyknit because its superior performance-wise on a baseball shoe, cause it's not. People just prefer it for looks.

I think kobe like's the highs in general, he's been seen a couple times in the EXT highs casually, personally I don't care what they do for the X as long as the EXT ver. is nice and not a complete copy from something they've done before, if this shoe goes mostly low I don't want them to repeat the Kobe 8 yots EXT

Kobe's job is actually to play basketball, and he gets paid to sponsor Nike. At 36 years old, and with how many injuries Kobe has had over his career, my guess is that he's going to wear what is most comfortable for him. I'm sorry but you saying Kobe is basically just pushing product by wearing the elites is just ignorant

Kobe's job is actually to play basketball, and he gets paid to sponsor Nike. At 36 years old, and with how many injuries Kobe has had over his career, my guess is that he's going to wear what is most comfortable for him. I'm sorry but you saying Kobe is basically just pushing product by wearing the elites is just ignorant

He gets paid to sponsor nike? That's ignorant...

He gets paid to be an endorsee.

I'm not saying he is "just pushing product". I'm saying if you are given a top tier shoe to wear, that's what you will more than likely wear and the company that pays you to wear it has a vested interest.

The whole topic I brought up was do you guys generally prefer the flyknit due to looks because it really doesn't server a purpose performance wise on a basketball shoe.

And when you get paid by a company to bear their brand and logo, you are a salesman in some form.

Last edited:
Lebron and KD have worn the lower tier shoes in their lines

Even Kobe has worn lower tier shoes

They were what's best for them

I'm not saying he is "just pushing product". I'm saying if you are given a top tier shoe to wear, that's what you will more than likely wear and the company that pays you to wear it has a vested interest.

The whole topic I brought up was do you guys generally prefer the flyknit due to looks because it really doesn't server a purpose performance wise on a basketball shoe.

And when you get paid by a company to bear their brand and logo, you are a salesman in some form.
to answer your original question I can't bcuz I don't buy expensive shoes for my very little recreational basketball, I grab some simple comfy shoes on sale to ball in, I also don't care about the flyknit except for the flyknit max that I want for my pt shoes beyond that flyknit has no appeal (flyknit chukka sfb not withstanding) to me and I've only brought the kobe ix exts so far though them Christmas and Fready's be calling my name
laugh.gif

after reading a couple of your posts I have come to the conclusion that english is either your second language or you are very young and still grasping it. Anyway Kobe is no different than any other endorsed sports player. He wears what is comfortable within the bounds of his contract. He does not need to push sales because his name on the shoe does that for nike already. That is why the venomenon line exists even though kobe has never worn one in game. Also I think the Flyknit is functional and feels different than em. The comfort level is much higher than the ems IMO. Kd not wearing the 7 makes me question them. Does anybody here like the 6 over the 7? I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
KD hasn't worn the 7s yet because of his orthotics. Nike is supposedly fixing that so he can wear them.

Serious question...

I prefer the EMs when I'm in the gym. I like how flexible they are, the flyknit feels super stiff to me and to be honest the flyknit even feels a little uncomfortable on my toes (especially when wearing regular nike socks and not elite socks).

Hoping the X's aren't a let down, the bright blue colorway we first saw looked pretty cool. 

Last edited:
Haven't been in here for a few days and not sure if this Info has already been said and heard on here, but if not your gonna here it here first from me

I was told by A inside source friend of mine that works for Nike @ Nike HQ's  When I always try and get a lil inside info from him

on releases or restocks etc.... He usually 99.9% of the time never gives me anything he says Nike is like the Govt when it comes to hush,hush about

they're stuff, But anyways he told me that the Kobe X will also have a High top. But that it's not confirmed yet for sure that he knows but he seen a 

Kobe High with the X on the bottom sole like the lows show. Only time will tell. Anyone else heard anything on this yet?

Oh ok, That swaggy P man. He probably the one who told the camera guy to get them MM A shot on camera by the camera guy filming 

Kobe's locker before the game the night he passed MJ lol.

It's cool more people have heard the same though. Swaggy lives in his own world. Grain of salt type guy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom