Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Why the hell are people calling them "Beethovens"?
mean.gif
colour code:White/Black-Wolf Grey

colour code: White/Wolf Grey/Black

similarities, why not?

edit: but IMO the X's look like Kyrie 1 BHM's 

Last edited:
ended up getting my 5ams for 95 bucks from house of hoops. I'm content. Wanted this shoe for a minute.

I'm really thinking what my next x cop will be. its really either between the vino or the easters. i dig the looks of the htms, but i'm really not that hype on hooping in flyknit. too stiff imo.

ended up getting my 5ams for 95 bucks from house of hoops. I'm content. Wanted this shoe for a minute.

I'm really thinking what my next x cop will be. its really either between the vino or the easters. i dig the looks of the htms, but i'm really not that hype on hooping in flyknit. too stiff imo.

Vino or Easter eithers a good choice. Nice pickup for $95 though.

Why the hell are people calling them "Beethovens"?
mean.gif
Those things shouldn't even be put in the same sentence as Beethovens, more like BeetNOvens! (whatever that means). I feel like Nike is just trolling us now with these lackluster colorways. Elite low's can't get here soon enough.

Too many people try and draw comparisons to previous colorways from a previous model. I don't see anything there that would say "Beethovens" outside maybe of the swoosh colors alternating. Let the Beethovens be Beethovens and let these be what they are ! Comparing those to the beets are a slap in the face to the beethovens lol.

Just the way ignorant people have misused the word "deadstock" for so long that it is now acceptable as any pair of unworn shoes even if you can still go grab them at Footlocker... enough dumb ***** say something enough and it sticks :smh: these are doomed to be the Beethovens until we learn the real name.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but why are the Beethovens called Beethovens anyway? :nerd:

"The Kobe 9 Elite Low brings Bryant’s muses to life. The artistry of music and its ability to move and inspire people has always intrigued the athlete. From classical to pop, he has appreciation for multiple genres. The Kobe 9 Elite Low Beethoven pays tribute to the German composer and pianist, and more specifically the power of his Ninth Symphony from the early 1800s. The grey color of this colorway represents Beethoven’s timeless quality."

:lol: everytime I read one of these stupid stories for a shoe name I just think of that line from Kill Bill Vol. 2 about the crazy 88 and their name "...I guess they thought it sounded cool."

Last edited:
Just the way ignorant people have misused the word "deadstock" for so long that it is now acceptable as any pair of unworn shoes even if you can still go grab them at Footlocker... enough dumb ***** say something enough and it sticks
mean.gif
these are doomed to be the Beethovens until we learn the real name.
laugh.gif

I tried to explain what "deadstock" means in the sneaker world to my wife she just looked at me like...

Just the way ignorant people have misused the word "deadstock" for so long that it is now acceptable as any pair of unworn shoes even if you can still go grab them at Footlocker... enough dumb ***** say something enough and it sticks
mean.gif
these are doomed to be the Beethovens until we learn the real name.

laugh.gif

I tried to explain what "deadstock" means in the sneaker world to my wife she just looked at me like...
laugh.gif
good woman.

What really kills me is when people post pics with the caption "Un-DS these today" ...I'm not 100% sure but I think that would mean returning them to the store. Just say you wore the damn shoes.
you already know how I feel about that phrase I hate its use more than you hate bred
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom