Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

New CW of the Mentality's  
pimp.gif

These are a MUST cop for me.  Hopefully can get a pair for retail.
I don't think getting a pair for retail would be a problem...

I've balled in the mentalities and theyre very similar to the 8s just different upper and tongue feel, but at that price point cant complain especially if youre a huge fan of the 8s

Injury is typically accidental, improper technique, failure to stretch, destretch, and lack of nutrition.

Equipment failure is something that can be considered accidental but is not rigidly so.

Played in FRESHLY UNDS'ED Easter 8s on new years and no pain. I have high arches. It definitely is a to each his own situation. Blaming the 8 for kobes injury tho is losing proper judgement. Don't throw away all the other factors and jump straight to the shoes. That mileage! He has one of the if not the best physicians looking over him so if the shoes weren't right I'm sure they would tell him.

Back on topic The X to me is still lacking design wise but the tech will get me to purchase a pair. I hope the tongue on the elite is padded more like the 8 elite with that pro combat. I don't care if it adds extra weight. I like to tie my laces tight.

The reason a lot of people experience Achilles soreness in the Kobe 8 because they're are used to shoes that have a heel drop (heel sits higher than the ball of the foot, very common in 90% of shoes) and the Kobe 8 is relatively level. The soreness is because your Achilles probably isn't used to lengthening all the way. This soreness is common in runners who transition from normal running shoes to minimalist shoes.

I think it's crazy how far other companies have come in the past 2 years or so, at least in my eyes.

I used to never consider another shoe for hooping aside from Nike. Now the UA shoes and some of the newer sigs for Adidas are really catching my eye. Lillards and Walls look pretty nice for a first sig for each, and the SC UA joints look dope, as well.

Nike keeps putting out these garbage colors and huge price increases with lack of quality improving and who knows - they won't lose their spot at #1 but that market share for basketball sneaks might dip slowly yet steadily.

For example, how much have these lows changed from the 8s? Other than a little bit of flyknit to freshen it up, nothing is different. Add in zoom heel and we are supposed to foam at the mouth lol?

I may be the only one to feel this way but they need to step it up w/ the Kobe line. The highs were innovative but even then it was mostly aesthetics, they need some new tech soon to justify the prices we pay...

This is very possible. However, this also speaks to the minimal arch support as well. The lower the drop, the flatter the shoe, the flatter the arch will be. 

Suffering from falling arches is no joke, nor is dealing with chronic foot pain like Plantar Fasciitis, all of which can occur with improper fitting shoes and minimal arch support for people who need it. Once the achillies becomes inflamed, that pop is soon to follow if not dealt with properly.
As someone who has dealt with flat feet and plantar fascia issues, going to zero drop shoes and barefoot running actually has improved my conditions immensely as well as my knee tendinitis. A lower drop doesn't mean less support, a brand named Altra makes a zero drop shoe with arch support but most are flat

Last edited:
^Do we have any word/estimate on retail for the lows?  I know this is probably a repeat question.

Back
Top Bottom