Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Well, yes, many have praised moving about in a zero drop shoe, but there are plenty others who have suffered greatly from trying that as well.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/barefoot-running-can-cause-injuries-too/?_r=0
Quality article but to me it seems highly illogical that wearing no shoes while running or minimal shoes shouldn't pose a long term risk of the transition is right. We evolved to run an began running barefoot. Nice user name btw.

The reason a lot of people experience Achilles soreness in the Kobe 8 because they're are used to shoes that have a heel drop (heel sits higher than the ball of the foot, very common in 90% of shoes) and the Kobe 8 is relatively level. The soreness is because your Achilles probably isn't used to lengthening all the way. This soreness is common in runners who transition from normal running shoes to minimalist shoes.
This. The achilles get short after years of wearing high heel drop shoes. I read that If you go from years of wearing high heel drop shoes suddenly to zero drop shoes, achilles pain is very common. 

Last edited:
As someone who has dealt with flat feet and plantar fascia issues, going to zero drop shoes and barefoot running actually has improved my conditions immensely as well as my knee tendinitis. A lower drop doesn't mean less support, a brand named Altra makes a zero drop shoe with arch support but most are flat
Have you had any experience with Altra shoes? I was thinking about trying a pair about a year ago and never got around to it.

Gotta feeling ID will  be the way to go with the lows this year. Hoping for elite lows as well.

Keep in mind guyz, theres gunna be flyknit highs and lows of the Xs....so these "Blue Lagoons Xs" are the Kobe 9 EMs basically. Ya feel me?...The real Kobes are the "Elites" now....Nike's sneaky way of making us spend an xtra $50-70 ....clever huh?..SMFH...lol

I can only imagine how much the elites gonna run, especially when Nike wants to add the premium or QS tags
sick.gif

Man, I really hope its not 190. I saw 160 a couple of pages back. The blue lagoons look nice though. I like the one color look. 

Back
Top Bottom