Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

I got to admit, those MC's are the best out of the pack even though I like the sharkheads because i love white kicks. Just sold my arrowheads for $550 since there wasnt anything special to it other than the 3M. How much is the going rate of the MC's now? 

I got to admit, those MC's are the best out of the pack even though I like the sharkheads because i love white kicks. Just sold my arrowheads for $550 since there wasnt anything special to it other than the 3M. How much is the going rate of the MC's now? 

I think the MC's are too. I'm not sure what the going rate is though.

I think the MC's are too. I'm not sure what the going rate is though.
Pricing is all over the place on these. eBay has em for $700-$1200. Flightclub has em for $1000. Im hoping they land in the $600-$800. Im surprised there's not much talk or demand on these.smh

Pricing is all over the place on these. eBay has em for $700-$1200. Flightclub has em for $1000. Im hoping they land in the $600-$800. Im surprised there's not much talk or demand on these.smh

Seems like most people who were able to get them are keeping them, MCs that is.

Last edited:

Yeah, Kicks Crew has them for $900, but it's more when you add shipping and customs fees.

Yeah, Kicks Crew has them for $900, but it's more when you add shipping and customs fees.
Thats too much money for em...passing on em if resale is more than $600 or most probably I would wait for the MC iD option so I could the white HTM 9s. 

Noted. Excuse my wording. Should've doubled up when I had the chance.
Yeah, they are just drying up - NDC sold out, and not a lot of sizes elsewhere.

I paid retail for both of mine, mostly because I saw sizes disappearing and figured I'd better pull the trigger on the second pair before it was too late.

Paid well below retail on the other highs though.

Big difference between how they release and market sneakers from the days of the Jordan IV (or any of the ones you listed - and initial CW's of early Jordans were pretty much confined to CW's MJ could or did wear) and now. Nike does that goofy personal storytelling thing with all their sigs, just the way they have been going the past couple years. Frankly who cares what the goofy story is? It's been a long time since they made Kobe's in around 5 CW's like you are asking - I can't even remember how many VI's released. Besides, the athlete gets whatever home/away CW's he wants, and any particular athletes fans are not confined to the city they play in, so just team colors don't work anymore. Never mind the landscape of collecting is different than it was a while ago and people will buy 20 pairs of a model and ID a few pairs, and production costs are so low companies can just throw whatever at the wall and see what sticks - and if we don't like it enough to buy at retail, we may like it enough to buy on disco.

Maybe you have and maybe you haven't held any of them in hand, but the GR Elite Lows are actually pretty nice in person - even the Rivalry - although I am sure it is too bright for some folks. Any individual not liking them does not make them a bad CW - I mean, I didn't like the Showtimes, just means I didn't like them.

Not directed at you, but in the end we are not entitled to anything, and if we don't like the model or CW's we are welcome to just skip it. We don't have to be mad AND BUY.

yea and no offense taken, we're on here to share opinions so I respect reading yours or any others. I've seen all the elites in person and I didn't buy any models of the Xs until i got lucky opening twitter as i saw a link go up for the HTMs last week.

Its just frustrating to me that there are no GR elite lows in basic colors. No one deserves anything, but it just seems logical to me that if you're going to release a signature shoe, you would release the shoe that an athlete wears on the court. Or at the least, one in the player's team colors. Even with the IXs kobe always had his own PEs which were not possible to be recreated on iD because of limited options, and it looks like its going to be the same case with the Xs given his first PE of the preseason (though it's a high). And I know Kobe's not alone, lebron and melo haven't been wearing GR or even id-posible sneakers the last 2-3 yrs either, but its just frustrating to me. I'm happy w/ my HTMs, but I like the Xs just like I liked the IXs and I feel like it wouldn't hurt anybody to release the inline or del sol cws for each model like they used to (and I'm not even a lakers fan).

roll.gif

Seeing all 3 together makes me a little greedy - Racecars should be here this weekend, but I might try and grab a Shark when prices stabilize/drop a little.

Or I'll just ID a couple pairs. Either way...

I didn't think anything of it when you were texting me about the damn HTM JP release asking me what size I wear in the Xs :lol: ...next thing I know I see "I think I got all 3" :smh: made my Chicago score feel like nothing... AND YOU GOT THOSE TOO!!!

I didn't think anything of it when you were texting me about the damn HTM JP release asking me what size I wear in the Xs
laugh.gif
...next thing I know I see "I think I got all 3"
mean.gif
made my Chicago score feel like nothing... AND YOU GOT THOSE TOO!!!
I know, lucky week. I'm still salty about my Twitter being all jacked up when the Red Octobers dropped. I was sitting in front of the computer when it happened, too. Truth be told, the HTMs are nice, but no way I'd buy them on the resale market even at $500. I'd rather use Swoosh and ID pairs. The other caveat is I'd wouldn't pay more than $300 on like 99% of the shoes out there. I guess part of that has to do with how many damn shoes we all buy. If I was only buying a few shoes a year, i probably wouldn't think any of it. But most of us on NT have problems. We are not the norm ...

Back
Top Bottom