Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

nerd.gif

Think I am fixing to let all of my X's go! These are nice!!!
yall cant be serious! These things dont look good at all. Honestly they dont even look like basketball shoes they look very cheap and flat. Im terribly disappointed with this shoe imo its a step down from the x.. [emoji]128553[/emoji] and to add salt to the wound a 200 dollar retail price smh..

The current elite is $200.

The base model 11 will be $160 ($20 cheaper).

I'd be really interested to get some opinions of the Xs in terms of on court performance compared to previous Kobe models. For the last 5-6 years I have been running three pairs of Vs (iDs, Draft Days, Miles Davis) and one pair of VI (Grinches) in to the ground (all indoors on nice courts, roughly 8-10 hours a week on average). I've been waiting for a more recent pair of Kobe's to catch my eye to add to the rotation but nothing has yet (or I haven't been able to get my hands on them when they release). Sadly, All my Vs and VIs are now on their absolute last legs (I would post pictures of the Grinches but I fear people would cry - they have served me well) and I am forced to buy something new to ball in for the new year.

So really my question is, how do the Xs compare to the Vs and VIs in terms of fit/performance? I've read all the online reviews for the Xs but in terms of a direct comparison I'm sure NT will offer much better insight.

Thank you in advance for any help!
I think the only areas where I prefer the V is transition and fit.  I won't say one is better than the other, but I have my preferences.  I think the V is smoother in transition and is much easier to lace up for a dialed-in fit.  I only have the Kobe X Elite low from that recent Nike sale, so I don't know about the regular lows.  They run the same to me, whatever you wear in V's and VI's, same for the X.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the X Lows to me, and I do have to wipe the bottoms like every other shoe, but once done traction is great.  They're comfortable, low to the ground, responsive and fun to play in.

I have no problem with the supposed 11, but the base looks like trash like the base model of the 10. Having said that, i've only really liked the "base" version in the EM 9. The midsole/outsole has a nice aesthetic thing going on, better than the 10s and a bit like the 9s (i just want solid on a GR again for real). And the shape is of the shoe overall is very nice. A flyknit low would look great this way. The only two things i don't like are the "back tab" heel area and the tounge. They look like they're made of the same fake "leather" stuff off of the elite 9's tounge, which i disliked alot (plus the heel area just doesn't look good). Besides all of that, i'm interested in specs, if there are some alright things included spec wise and that ends up being the model, i'm sure i'll pick up an elite low. Specifically if that blue one is real i'll get it, it will contrast very nicely with my university red 9s.

Last edited:
Rose Golds & Allstars are my favorites.
Everything else is just ok to me.

yall cant be serious! These things dont look good at all. Honestly they dont even look like basketball shoes they look very cheap and flat. Im terribly disappointed with this shoe imo its a step down from the x.. [emoji]128553[/emoji] and to add salt to the wound a 200 dollar retail price smh..

I'm with you on this, surprise not hearing more of this. We can't let Nike get away by passing these as the 11s. It's just plain ugly. No imagination

Last edited:
Whacky Design - ugly, trying too hard, stay simple
Simple Design - unimaginative, lazy, give us something new

I guess you really can't please everyone. As much as I agree with you guys who say Nike is lazy and just throwing ugly shoes at us, can we at least wait until we get better images of the shoes? Everyone keeps bashing a pic of a shoe that we don't even know is the 11. Just be patient, I'm sure with better pics the show will look better and better. If I'm wrong, oh well

Quote:
Well, the traction on the X's is pretty beastly. Works well on mostly all courts (not sure about outside) dusty or clean. Some wiping is required because dust/dirty (especially on translucent outsoles), but that's normal with any shoe. The cushion and Zoom in the shoe is very supportive and natural. It doesn't have the XX8 bounce, but it has components of Nike Free that make it flexible and comfortable. The fit is pretty true to size, but I'd definitely try them on, especially with the Elite models. The EM materials and the Elite materials are pretty durable, and should last you a while. Also, the lockdown when wearing the shoe is great. Not much sliding (if any) across the footbed. Definitely a underrated shoe in terms of performance, it's really well rounded.
Quote:

I think the only areas where I prefer the V is transition and fit.  I won't say one is better than the other, but I have my preferences.  I think the V is smoother in transition and is much easier to lace up for a dialed-in fit.  I only have the Kobe X Elite low from that recent Nike sale, so I don't know about the regular lows.  They run the same to me, whatever you wear in V's and VI's, same for the X.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the X Lows to me, and I do have to wipe the bottoms like every other shoe, but once done traction is great.  They're comfortable, low to the ground, responsive and fun to play in.
Appreciate the feedback guys. I've managed to pick up a pair of Fundamentals as they're the only colour way so far that have caught my eye so I'll have to see how they go.

Quote:

Quote:

Appreciate the feedback guys. I've managed to pick up a pair of Fundamentals as they're the only colour way so far that have caught my eye so I'll have to see how they go.

Are they dirty yet ? Lol

Are they dirty yet ? Lol
I know man, don't. Sadly no other c/w has really done it for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a pair of Hot Lavas, (though it looks like these aren't getting an EU release) and then I can save the Fundamentals for match days.

Are they dirty yet ? Lol
Played ball with a guy, this past Thursday, who had the Fundamentals and they did not look pretty.  Bottoms were yellowing and the top looked almost like they were all chalked up.  You could tell that he's played quite a bit in them.

Back
Top Bottom