Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

not feeling any of the asg shoes this year
grin.gif
 money saved 
tired.gif
happy.gif

Lows will be copped. I just hope the blue lagoons aren't the best colorway they come out with. I just need one pair for the courts. If one of high CW look dope. I may cop. Not sure at this point.

I think we are all reading into this "free" thing too much. Remember last year when everyone was saying that flynit wouldnt be able to be used as a basketball shoe because it wasn't firm enough? Well nike made the flynit different than what you would see on a runner and they made it work. I have a feeling its going to be the same situation with this. Its not going to be exactly the free movement we are used to but they will make it work.

Yeah I see the cuts in the soles for that nike free look and movement. I guess all the cws are going to have that clear sole over it for traction and to protect the soles from completely tearing apart.

I think we are all reading into this "free" thing too much. Remember last year when everyone was saying that flynit wouldnt be able to be used as a basketball shoe because it wasn't firm enough? Well nike made the flynit different than what you would see on a runner and they made it work. I have a feeling its going to be the same situation with this. Its not going to be exactly the free movement we are used to but they will make it work.
I agree with you and I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking about it.  

I just wanted to re-post that pic of the deconstructed midsole to point out what I thought Nike was getting when they tweeted about the 'Nike Free' feature on these Xs

I like the AS game color way other than that big silver tongue which is a bit much, tho I could live with that.  But I can't live with the extra high huge silver heel tab.   Add in the extra 20 bones....yea, Ill be picking up the blue lagoons and passing on these. 

However I am interested in how the free will work mixed with air max.

The free's are great for casual and treadmill purpose, along with the air max is a good all around shoe usually. 

Yet, I have no idea how that would perform on court.

Who will be the first NBA player to wear them on court with Kobe out?

My guess is Nick "Swaggy P" Young.

^dope pickup! i've been trying to talk the price down on a white lakers pair. repped.
thanks! still looking for a DS pair myself...

That's best model Hyperdunk that has come out.

Along with best add of Kobe jumping the car. CLASSIC!
yuuuuuup!  that was a great season for Kobe too...i think that was the year Nash straight up robbed him for the reg season MVP

Hell, have we ever seen a shoe truly worth the market price?

Fair point.

I felt like the 8s, at 140, were right in the sweet spot. Didn't mind paying that for the details and designs they came up with on the uppers.

The 200 for the flyknit lows hurt, but I'm a sucker for flyknit so paid it. Glad I got every pair for retail because no chance I'd pay the 400+ they want for the beethovens now.

Nike is pushing it with these pricing structures. Look at the lebron, shoes are already being RTV'd and hitting discount immediately. Kobe line will do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom