Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Well the most important part of the paragraph was the cushioning here's the gist
-we have a full length lunarlon with a pretty big zoom unit in the heel
-cushioning reminds me of the KD 5 elites or the Melo 9s because it looks like a caged zoom unit
-Caged zoom basically feels like max air because it's literally caged this causes it to not compress as much so theres little responsiveness
-what worries me is that the caging of the zoom looks like it extends through out the whole shoe this is the first time I've seen of a caged lunarlon
-hope it changes to a different material after the caged zoom because if it doesn't that would hurt the shoes flexibility by a ton

Well the most important part of the paragraph was the cushioning here's the gist
-we have a full length lunarlon with a pretty big zoom unit in the heel
-cushioning reminds me of the KD 5 elites or the Melo 9s because it looks like a caged zoom unit
-Caged zoom basically feels like max air because it's literally caged this causes it to not compress as much so theres little responsiveness
-what worries me is that the caging of the zoom looks like it extends through out the whole shoe this is the first time I've seen of a caged lunarlon
-hope it changes to a different material after the caged zoom because if it doesn't that would hurt the shoes flexibility by a ton
Maybe thats where the "free" portion comes into play? I'm hoping at least!

Maybe thats where the "free" portion comes into play? I'm hoping at least!

That's whats questioning me, the free part of the shoe is either gonna be useless or is a gimmick because of the carrier. Idk what the carrier is but looking at the pictures it's the same material from heel to toe. If it's a rubber wouldn't you think it's too soft to support heel crashes? That zoom setup and a small patch of lunarlon alone would hurt because I see no pillars just the fibers for support correct me if I'm wrong. If it was something harder that would fix the support case but the flexibility would be an issue.

The shoe is gonna be **** compared to the kobe 9s performance wise and casual. First off these look like it has first generation mesh and since it's a basketball shoe it needs support. I don't see any type of flywire or a dynamic fit system for mid foot lockdown so the mesh is most likely going to be stiff. The stiffness annoys a lot of people as for me not so much but this is going to cause the shoe to pinch and not being able to conform to your feet like let's say a leather or flyknit, as for the ankle support there is probably an internal TPU shank/cup which helps the foot to stay in place and not move side to side. The traction isn't going to be pleasant either, its gonna be a dust collector as all the color ways released so far have been translucent. The technology on the cushioning is here but I don't think it's used properly. We have a full length lunarlon with a pretty big zoom unit in the heel, the cushioning reminds me of the KD 5 elites or the Melo 9s because it looks like a caged zoom unit. Caged zoom basically feels like max air because it's literally caged this causes it to not compress as much so theres little responsiveness. It's not that bad of a cushion but what worries me is that the caging of the zoom looks like it extends through out the whole shoe this is the first time I've seen of a caged lunarlon but let's hope it changes to a different material after the caged zoom because if it doesn't that would hurt the shoes flexibility making the heel to toe transition feel like a 1 2 rather than smooth ride. Hopefully I'm wrong about this stuff and I may have exaggerated a bit saying that this shoe is **** but coming from the kobe 9 EM to this cheap looking thing... That really pisses me off. I really want to see the Kobe line and basketball technology to progress rather than going back to old tech and making a gimmick then selling it for $150+.

Also what do yo guys think of the highs?
NEED THESE HIGH WITH MY JEANS

wink.gif

The all stars don't look bad (not that good either) but it's simple enough to give it a shot. At 200 PASS. That thing better come with a shoulder sling

I am not sure I would want to play ball in a "free" shoe. I would think it would be to unstable to cut quickly and not provide enough support. I guess I will have to give it a try, but the price tag is also a deterrent for such a plain looking shoe.

Back
Top Bottom