Kyrie 1

Laced up the ASG's last night for my league games and was very impressed.  This is my first Kyrie 1 pick up, and I had heard a lot of good things, but they really did deliver. 

I didn't feel like they were stiff or rigid like some wear-testers reported in their first use, to me they felt very comfortable right away.  The sole was a bit stiff at first, but by halftime they felt like I had worn them for over a week.  

The lockdown was fantastic, best of this year's nike signature shoes in my opinion (KD 7, LBJ 12, Kobe 9).  I have a fairly narrow foot, but I didn't have to crank the laces like I do on the LeBron 12, and my foot felt much more secure than the LBJ 12 and a little more locked in place than the KD 7, without being too tight.  

Traction was good, I had some concerns about the outsole pattern, but it was way above average in that department.  

The cut of the shoe is what really sells me, not a high, not a low, and phenomanal cushioning throughout the shoe.  A very balanced cushioning from heel to toe, great level of comfort, very snug fit, yet not restrictive in any way, especially the way the heel sits, and up through the ankle with that ankle cushioning at the top.  

Very, very impressed with the Kyrie 1, at the price, I'm not sure you can beat them if they fit you correctly.  

I went true to size (10.0) same as what I wear in the KD 7, Kobe 9, and Jordan XX9, in the LBJ 12 I had to go down a half size to a 9.5 because they run a tad big.   

For me I think the Kyrie 1's are slightly better than the KD 7 (but it's close), are more stable and have a better court feel and position than the XX9, and much more comfortable and responsive than the LeBron 12 and Kobe 9.  Obviously depends what your feet are like and your playing style to some degree.  

Last edited:
@dwoodactennis
pimp.gif

Great review as always bro!
Repped my dude. Dead on.
Thanks fellas, appreciate that.  

You are going to either have to hoop in your pair @SneakerFree  or grab another pair for hoops....these are LEGIT on the court. 
nthat.gif

Man... wore the kyries for the first time yesterday for bball and I am sad to say they are too narrow for my fat feet. Length wise it fits perfect so going a half size up personally wont do the trick, it'll still be too narrow and I don't like having extra toe room anyway. Bummer because I really liked these and when I tried them on just walking around in them they felt snug but I didn't think they would cause my feet this much pain playing bball in them. My pinky toes were hurting after the 2nd game. I'm not knocking the shoe at all. Its a great shoe esp. for the price. Traction was great and cushion was fine but it just doesn't work with my feet.
ohwell.gif

Do these fit like the Lebron 9s? From reading people's comments it seems like they do...
Not in my opinion.  LeBron 9's weren't narrow at all, but were a tad on the short side length wise.  Most people had to go half size up on LeBron 9's.

These are true to size length wise and somewhat narrow.  

Man... wore the kyries for the first time yesterday for bball and I am sad to say they are too narrow for my fat feet. Length wise it fits perfect so going a half size up personally wont do the trick, it'll still be too narrow and I don't like having extra toe room anyway. Bummer because I really liked these and when I tried them on just walking around in them they felt snug but I didn't think they would cause my feet this much pain playing bball in them. My pinky toes were hurting after the 2nd game. I'm not knocking the shoe at all. Its a great shoe esp. for the price. Traction was great and cushion was fine but it just doesn't work with my feet.
ohwell.gif
How i still feel about the KD IV but i do wanna give my Kyrie's a go after wearing my dreams so much they feel great i shot around in em but then just switched to my Kobes. Ill give it a go eventually but this makes me alil worried 

Kixsquare has the ASG's up for 169.99 shipped now for those that were looking to get em before release day.  

Back
Top Bottom